Why don't people indicate anymore? (2 Viewers)

Covstu

Really fucks me off, been cut up about three times going up to Middlesbrough today with people just switching lanes and not indicating! It's rude and fecking dangerous!

Nick

Administrator
I hate it more when people don't wave when you let them through, or pull out and then drive slow

wingy

Yeah I hate all of em,and the pilloks who don't give way when the parked cars are on their side.
Standards started to go down a long time ago.
Some of the girls on the road are very aggressive these days.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I hate all of em,and the pilloks who don't give way when the parked cars are on their side.
Standards started to go down a long time ago.
Some of the girls on the road are very aggressive these days.

I had it this morning, I gave way when the cars were on their side and they just drove through. No wave, no flash of the lights. It is as if they don't know.

Don't get me started on holding the door open for people and them not saying thanks!

skybluesam66

the tossers on the Motorway who
a) Flash you to get out of the way - when you cant go anywhere as there is a long line of traffic in front of you, and if it wasnt there, you would be going faster
b) The same people who then try to weave in and out, and after nearly causing numerous pile ups, have usually gained about 1 car length
c) Caused the big pile up on the M1 near MK last night which added nearly 2 hours to my journey home

Terry Gibson's perm

People who text/email while they are driving they must be far better drivers than me as I couldn't do it.

chiefdave

Pedestrians, who look, see you and then walk out right in front of you.

Drivers who force there way through and then give you the wave like you had any other choice but let them through.

Captain Dart

BMW & Mercedes drivers are exempt anyway :jerkit:

Captain Dart

Sick Boy

the tossers on the Motorway who
a) Flash you to get out of the way - when you cant go anywhere as there is a long line of traffic in front of you, and if it wasnt there, you would be going faster
b) The same people who then try to weave in and out, and after nearly causing numerous pile ups, have usually gained about 1 car length
c) Caused the big pile up on the M1 near MK last night which added nearly 2 hours to my journey home

All of those are caused by idiots who can't drive on motorways, which is most of the British public.

mrtrench

I wasn't going to mention this as it might come across badly... about 4 months ago I came back to Cov for the weekend and noticed how much less considerate other drivers were. No indicating and just pulling out when no right of way. Not saying that it isn't bad elsewhere but I did notice that Cov is worse than Hampshire.

Ian1779

The cyclists are the worst. Want you to give them the rights of the road which is fair enough I suppose, but as soon as they get to a set of traffic lights, the cunts pop onto the path because they can't be bothered to wait with the rest of the road users.

Nick

Administrator
The cyclists are the worst. Want you to give them the rights of the road which is fair enough I suppose, but as soon as they get to a set of traffic lights, the cunts pop onto the path because they can't be bothered to wait with the rest of the road users.

Don't get me started on cyclists.

It is the ones who think they own the road, wear a camera on them and give it loads to every other driver. Saw one yesterday just fly through a red light like it wasn't there, another one go to the front of the lights and sit in front of the cars so when it changes it slows everything down.

skybluesam66

if we are moving on to other transport -Rail Commuters down south
Try getting off a train at say Milton keynes, when there are people getting on at the same stop
They block the doorway not letting you off , as they are in a mad rush for the few available seats

I usually either
a) Stand there until they move, at which point people have come in from the other doors, and so they have all lost the seats or
b) if they still dont move, make sure I leave swinging my laptop back, so if they are in the way - it may hurt

Nick

Administrator
if we are moving on to other transport -Rail Commuters down south
Try getting off a train at say Milton keynes, when there are people getting on at the same stop
They block the doorway not letting you off , as they are in a mad rush for the few available seats

I usually either
a) Stand there until they move, at which point people have come in from the other doors, and so they have all lost the seats or
b) if they still dont move, make sure I leave swinging my laptop back, so if they are in the way - it may hurt

That is why elbows were invented!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Don't get me started on cyclists.

It is the ones who think they own the road, wear a camera on them and give it loads to every other driver. Saw one yesterday just fly through a red light like it wasn't there, another one go to the front of the lights and sit in front of the cars so when it changes it slows everything down.

I'm a cyclist, and a motorist, and a van driver, and a pedestrian....so I can see all arguments.

As a cyclist, I often tell other cyclists off with regards red light jumping & pavement cycling.....

Your 2nd point however, is actually best practice as per the highway code IF the lights or junctions have an advanced stop line (ASL)....

.....and if you encroach into the ASL box in your car...its YOU who are in the wrong.

The key point to remember is that selfish & idiotic cunts use all modes of transport (although their preferred method does seem to be contract rental BMW 3 series & Audi 3s)

Joy Division

Non blind people who press the button for the pelican crossing even though there are no cars anywhere in sight.

vow

Really fucks me off, been cut up about three times going up to Middlesbrough today with people just switching lanes and not indicating! It's rude and fecking dangerous!

Agreed, put middle lane hoggers on the list too!

Marty

Have to say I'm guilty of a few things mentioned on this thread, I work in Brum so travel down the A45 everyday, everyday I undercut people sitting in the outside lane doing 50mph. It really did annoy me, but now just stick it in cruise control and go down the inside.

I'm a cyclist and a runner as well, I'm very wary of others when I'm not in my car, the standard of driving is shocking in this country.

The ones that really annoy me are those that will speed up when you try to overtake them, I just don't see the point in it.

Nick

Administrator
The ones that really annoy me are those that will speed up when you try to overtake them, I just don't see the point in it.

Must admit I did that once to a bloke late at night on the M6, he was being an absolute dick in and out, sitting on my back bumper when I physically couldn't go any faster.

Got to his junction and I kept slowing down and speeding up to not let him in and get off. Then after the junction gave him a wave!

Undercutting can't be helped sometimes!

covcity4life

Must admit I did that once to a bloke late at night on the M6, he was being an absolute dick in and out, sitting on my back bumper when I physically couldn't go any faster.

Got to his junction and I kept slowing down and speeding up to not let him in and get off. Then after the junction gave him a wave!

Undercutting can't be helped sometimes!

yup! i always do this when someone is tailgating

you can overtake someone without being aggro about it after all

NorthernWisdom

I wasn't going to mention this as it might come across badly... about 4 months ago I came back to Cov for the weekend and noticed how much less considerate other drivers were. No indicating and just pulling out when no right of way. Not saying that it isn't bad elsewhere but I did notice that Cov is worse than Hampshire.

Cities are worse generally. Birmingham's ten times worse than Cov!

London's busy, but once you work out the local rules, it seems to work as people tend to stick by them. Birmingham's just tailgating carnage!

smouch1975

Perth, about 10 years ago. Ran adverts explaining how to use the newly invented 'round-a-bout'.

They could do with running them again. And another explaining how to merge

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Perth, about 10 years ago. Ran adverts explaining how to use the newly invented 'round-a-bout'.

They could do with running them again. And another explaining how to merge

Not forgetting how to use the Coventry ring road

Astute

I do this when I have an idiot or boy racer pull alongside me. And mainly in my people carrier because it looks slow. It is a 3.3 V6 that is tuned up. And even better when they have passengers giving them stick for getting burned off by a bus :D

smouch1975

No replacement for displacement
I do this when I have an idiot or boy racer pull alongside me. And mainly in my people carrier because it looks slow. It is a 3.3 V6 that is tuned up. And even better when they have passengers giving them stick for getting burned off by a bus :D

Pipehitterz

I'm a cyclist, and a motorist, and a van driver, and a pedestrian....so I can see all arguments.

As a cyclist, I often tell other cyclists off with regards red light jumping & pavement cycling.....

Your 2nd point however, is actually best practice as per the highway code IF the lights or junctions have an advanced stop line (ASL)....

.....and if you encroach into the ASL box in your car...its YOU who are in the wrong.

The key point to remember is that selfish & idiotic cunts use all modes of transport (although their preferred method does seem to be contract rental BMW 3 series & Audi 3s)
Asl spots Make me just think wtf.
Is it there just for cyclists to race other cyclists . Like why don't you just wait like the rest of us , there's on magical car starting line we can all line up on and have a race , what exactly does a asl do?

Pipehitterz

Cities are worse generally. Birmingham's ten times worse than Cov!

London's busy, but once you work out the local rules, it seems to work as people tend to stick by them. Birmingham's just tailgating carnage!
London rules are actually the most successful.
It's one rule
Give way to the left.
It keeps everyone moving, you don't need permissions to pull out , you don't stop , no Road rage cuz of under cutting etc

Think about it and it helps in every situation and makes you more aware of everyone on the Road, cyclists included

Users who are viewing this thread