Will you go to Sixfields (1 Viewer)

Will you go to Sixfields

• Total voters

Spionkop

If the worst happens and we kick off at Northampton - that's got to be the point when fans have to form a new Coventry City and let SISU rot in another town.
Technically we won't be CCFC, but morally and ethically and in our hearts we will be.
Reading the post from the Chester guy, we could be demoted to the Conference North if we are lucky. Just two promotions back to the Football League. Got to be better than this misery.
Until then we should do everything we can to get us back to the Ricoh. Picket Sixfields etc. Peacefully. But let everyone know we are not happy at this corrupt move. Who knows, with the disruption (peaceful) we may cause a rethink.

speedie87

Been thinking today and to be honest I know how hard it will be for me not to go to games however I'm determined not to go as a matter if principal. However what will make it twice as hard not to go if is I see there are 5-6k fans going. That will make feel like I'm missing out even more. Therefore I really hope fans stand firm over this.

Paxman II

I understand all this and the 'on principal' thing but just for a moment what will your stance have been for in the end?
You would have missed your team play. I won't hardly be going but if you can afford the round trip and don't mind the time then go.

If SISU said they will fund the 3 year plan that includes missing out on 80% income from match days, presumably because that's how many won't be making over there, so we don't count in the big picture do we? In other words staying away makes no difference. So if you can go enjoy your team. Some of your money will at least be going to Northampton who need it.

So it's a pathetic stance by SISU if true and makes us harden against them even more. But if the plan is carried out with a new stadium then most fans will then return and they know this.

The time to make a stance is when the new stadium is ready. That's when you don't go! If at that point you starve them out they would likely find a quick buyer which they will be able to do then and make like a tree. ;)

wingy

I understand all this and the 'on principal' thing but just for a moment what will your stance have been for in the end?
You would have missed your team play. I won't hardly be going but if you can afford the round trip and don't mind the time then go.

If SISU said they will fund the 3 year plan that includes missing out on 80% income from match days, presumably because that's how many won't be making over there, so we don't count in the big picture do we? In other words staying away makes no difference. So if you can go enjoy your team. Some of your money will at least be going to Northampton who need it.

So it's a pathetic stance by SISU if true and makes us harden against them even more. But if the plan is carried out with a new stadium then most fans will then return and they know this.

The time to make a stance is when the new stadium is ready. That's when you don't go! If at that point you starve them out they would likely find a quick buyer which they will be able to do then and make like a tree. ;)

I think you're wrong and I also think you're trying to Skew the Poll.

Again in your poll you actually stipulated just answer .no need for comment.

letsallsingtogether

Once you have lost the fans and they stop going they won't be back you only have to look back to see this I knew maybe 50-60 fans that went every week only a handful left stopped going for various reasons have never gone back.
Their places were taken over by the new younger fans that won't happen while we are in Northampton so find it hard to see them coming back and if they do to what.

:blue:

DazzleTommyDazzle

As you note, SISU "say" they will fund the 3 year plan (that incidentally, already seems to be more of a 5 year plan).

In another thread someone reports that Timmy still reckons on getting 3k to 7k for the "home" games.

Now if NOPM works and crowds are as low as some people think (in my case, the word is "hope"), Auntie Joy might get a bit upset with Timmy when she realises quite how big the funding gap is getting.

And bluntly that is our hope. Confront the b@stards with how much it's going to cost them to go through with this nonsense scheme, until they see that the only rational decision (and yes, I know we're dealing with SISU) is to accept a realistic offer and move on.

I'm afraid if you wait for the new stadium you're going to have a long wait. But not to worry, it won't be SISU's fault that it doesn't get built - there'll be someone else to blame.

Spionkop

Paxman, forget it, hardly anyone will go. It'll be hundreds. Sisu have gone and done it. We hate them. Me, been going for over 50 years. Daft Simod Cup games, the lot. I'm City mad. My dad is. Travels a long way to get here for games. That kind of scenario is repeated by thousands across the city. Sons, mums, dads etc. They feel cheated. Robbed. It is unforgivable what they've done.
You go - but remember you're supporting those bastards who did this.

cloughie

As you note, SISU "say" they will fund the 3 year plan (that incidentally, already seems to be more of a 5 year plan).

In another thread someone reports that Timmy still reckons on getting 3k to 7k for the "home" games.

Now if NOPM works and crowds are as low as some people think (in my case, the word is "hope"), Auntie Joy might get a bit upset with Timmy when she realises quite how big the funding gap is getting.

And bluntly that is our hope. Confront the b@stards with how much it's going to cost them to go through with this nonsense scheme, until they see that the only rational decision (and yes, I know we're dealing with SISU) is to accept a realistic offer and move on.

I'm afraid if you wait for the new stadium you're going to have a long wait. But not to worry, it won't be SISU's fault that it doesn't get built - there'll be someone else to blame.

That will be us naughty fans for not supporting the club like the 'real fans'

wes_cov

so if we take that as the average overall with the average attendance (approx 11000) = approx 1k attendance.

however the average attendance figure is also skewed by the 31000 paint pot trophy game my best guess would be between 700-800 actually attend compared to Tim nice but..... estimate of 3000 its a stark difference!

Sisu saying they will bank roll the club over the next 3 years is going to cost ALOT more than their very optermistic current figures

I can't help but feel the "debt" that has recently been written off will reappear quicker than Mifsud

DaleM

Right . this poll has had over 10000 views and only 366 have voted at this time . Come on lurkers , register and lets get your opinion

DazzleTommyDazzle

339 SBT votes out of 10,349 SBT views = 3%

OR

339 votes out of 4,693 SBT membership = 7%

Appears a tad low IMO and could distort/skew end result !!!

True - the question is, in which direction?

Are the people who come on this site the ones who are more likely to be set against the move to Northampton - so that the no vote % gets overstated, or

are they the keener supporters, who might be expected to travel to follow the team more readily than some more casual supporters - so that the yes vote % gets overstated?

Nonleagueherewecome

Right . this poll has had over 10000 views and only 366 have voted at this time . Come on lurkers , register and lets get your opinion

Well I've viewed it at least 5 times...

Hobo

I have no objection about going to sixfields, nothing against the ground or Northampton. A friends son was on their books a few years back. BUT, if you mean to see SISU backed Coventry City team in home (?) game: NO

jimmyhillsfanclub

No....but as I've been an "away only" fan since 2006......its no real change for my schedule.

....I will be paying CCFC (SISU) £30 for my club membership as usual.....to ensure I can always get my away tickets....

...& if that makes me a "scab" or "scum" in some folks eyes.....you can quite frankly shove your shitty "holier than thou" attitude up yer arse......sideways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread