Women's World Cup 2023 (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

Daly adds something more upfront, Russo is probably a better footballer by Daly is a better CF.

SkyBlueSoul

What a fucking farcical end to the game. Looks like the final whistle went too early, called it back for a drop ball to restart at which point it was past the added time and the ref blew the whistle instantly.

Blind-Faith

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

Blind-Faith

Just 2 weeks to go gents, just hold on a little longer without subjecting yourself to this god awful , shower of shit they are trying to pass off as ‘football’

SkyBlueSoul

Or rather 2 weeks to go, just holding on a little longer until you guys go back to other threads and leave these ones to those of us who do care 🤷‍♂️

OffenhamSkyBlue

So much for the 5'4" Haiti keeper - that tip over was quite brilliant! Probably POTM, but they played really good stuff at times. Not the cake-walk England were expecting.

Alkhen

Great 2 weeks of weirdos moaning it's not as good as men's football 😴 just don't watch or comment then, dull as fuck.

I'll get fully invested, I find enjoyment in all forms of football. A skill that came in handy with Cov over the years.

Watched China get robbed by Denmark earlier

alexccfc99

I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I just can’t get myself up for it, wish England well of course but I don’t think it’s for me

Otis

As has been said, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I really enjoy women's football and at times the quality is excellent. It's not across the board though, so you can get quite the disparity at times.

The Euro win for England women's team was really thrilling and will live long in the memory.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As has been said, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I really enjoy women's football and at times the quality is excellent. It's not across the board though, so you can get quite the disparity at times.

The Euro win for England women's team was really thrilling and will live long in the memory.
For me it's not necessarily the quality but how well matched teams are.

Some of the women's games can be dull because it's almost an attack v defence training session but two well-matched teams playing can be more exciting than watching Man C stroll past someone like Bournemouth at a canter.

Though i have to admit some of the goalkeeping does exasperate me - it's just so poor at times.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's the Netball World Cup in Cape Town starting on Friday, "across the BBC", in case you are interested!
Another tournament being vaunted to the skies by the Beeb because they have "won" the broadcasting rights (presumably by a walkover because no-one else gives a shit). I wonder how much they will be spending on it, how many BBC staff will be flown there on a jolly and what the viewing figures will be.

Otis

It's the Netball World Cup in Cape Town starting on Friday, "across the BBC", in case you are interested!
Another tournament being vaunted to the skies by the Beeb because they have "won" the broadcasting rights (presumably by a walkover because no-one else gives a shit). I wonder how much they will be spending on it, how many BBC staff will be flown there on a jolly and what the viewing figures will be.
Damn, how annoying. I can't record it, because besides the world cup, I also have a series link for the European hopscotch championships. Grrr.

chiefdave

Wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC coverage is being done remotely. They only have select coverage, Sky have the main rights and are showing every game live with a team out there to cover it

David O'Day

Wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC coverage is being done remotely. They only have select coverage, Sky have the main rights and are showing every game live with a team out there to cover it
Also the across the the bbc part makes me think most of the games will be on the website so will just involve a commentator and someone updating the website. Both of which can and will likely be in the UK unless the leach the Sky comms

OffenhamSkyBlue

For me it's not necessarily the quality but how well matched teams are.

Some of the women's games can be dull because it's almost an attack v defence training session but two well-matched teams playing can be more exciting than watching Man C stroll past someone like Bournemouth at a canter.

Though i have to admit some of the goalkeeping does exasperate me - it's just so poor at times.
The NZ keeper made a right mess of that for Philippines to score. Practically threw it across her own line! And the Colombia second goal was a proper howler by the Korean keeper!

Nick

Administrator
I saw highlights in the gym from the new Zealand and Singapore game I think it was. It was shocking.

They struggled to pass it. Random throw ins to nobody

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Watching the Argentina vs South Africa game. I can't believe that I am actually watching it to be honest. I genuinely reckon we could put together an SBT XI that wouldn't disgrace ourselves.

Stadium is about 25% full as well.

Otis

Watching the Argentina vs South Africa game. I can't believe that I am actually watching it to be honest. I genuinely reckon we could put together an SBT XI that wouldn't disgrace ourselves.

Stadium is about 25% full as well.
I'm not surprised, the kick-off was at 1am. Who's going to be up at that stupid o'clock time of night? 🤷

SkyBlueSoul

Another ACL gone? Looked horrible the way she went over on it, she knew straight away she was fucked

Users who are viewing this thread