Worse Owners (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Out of interest what worse owners are out there than SISU

Took over the club, it seems now without doing proper due diligence. I believe gambled on a quick fire return to the prem and a quick sell off for a quick buck.

Changed direction from plan A. It seems the chap they entrusted to lead them away from plan A didn't have a plan B leading to a relegation. Him sitting on the bench and screwing up a proposed takeover that he apparently said SISU would accept.

Now we seem to be on plan C. Embroiled in a dispute with our partner agencies, about to embark on our 3rd season in division three.
On more managers than we have had seasons.

Playing 35 miles away

Talking about the new plan been to build a new stadium.

Invested 45-50 million.......

No viable plan it seems to get a return to their investors.

The person who makes the big decisions still has not thought the fans are worth gracing her presence with.

Last edited:

Grendel

Mike mcginnity

Tonylinc

It is all very well blaming those that are no longer around for our troubles today BUT Shitzu had it within their power to change things right at the outset but they chose not to do so. As the saying goes, "You made the bed now lie in it".

Sky Blue Harry H

Mike mcginnity

Paddy's brother ?
goat.jpg

Last edited:

dongonzalos

It is all very well blaming those that are no longer around for our troubles today BUT Shitzu had it within their power to change things right at the outset but they chose not to do so. As the saying goes, "You made the bed now lie in it".

Without question they are responsible for everything since they took over the club.
I am genuinely struggling to think of worse.

Sky Blue Harry H

You sitting In your rocker with Cardy on listening to Val again ?:thinking about::facepalm:

In my old man's record collection, along with Jim Reeves and The Sound of Music - explains why I ended up the way I did !! :D

Grendel

Jimmy hill as chairman was also as bad as sisu.

dongonzalos

Jimmy hill as chairman was also as bad as sisu.

Hill returned to Coventry City as managing director in April 1975 before becoming the chairman. As chairman, at a crucial relegation match at home to Bristol City at the end of the 1976–77 season, Hill was advised to delay the kick off by 10 minutes for fans still outside caught in the heavy traffic. Relegation rivals Sunderland, playing at Everton kicked off on time. Sunderland eventually lost the game 2–0. The Sunderland result was flashed up on the scoreboard. Hill was accused by Sunderland fans of making his players pass the ball around in their own half for the last 10 minutes of the game, thereby saving Coventry from relegation at the expense of Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur and Stoke City. A subsequent Football League inquiry was held but Hill, who at the time was in a senior position at the Football League, did not stand to one side while the inquiry was held. Coventry were asked not to interfere again but the result stood.

Tonylinc

Hill returned to Coventry City as managing director in April 1975 before becoming the chairman. As chairman, at a crucial relegation match at home to Bristol City at the end of the 1976–77 season, Hill was advised to delay the kick off by 10 minutes for fans still outside caught in the heavy traffic. Relegation rivals Sunderland, playing at Everton kicked off on time. Sunderland eventually lost the game 2–0. The Sunderland result was flashed up on the scoreboard. Hill was accused by Sunderland fans of making his players pass the ball around in their own half for the last 10 minutes of the game, thereby saving Coventry from relegation at the expense of Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur and Stoke City. A subsequent Football League inquiry was held but Hill, who at the time was in a senior position at the Football League, did not stand to one side while the inquiry was held. Coventry were asked not to interfere again but the result stood.
As a side note to that, I once met Gerry Gow whilst living in Yeovil who said that he tell me the whole story one day.......he never did!:mad:

ollyservetta

I hear Worcester city have been dealt a bad one ,they are playing home games at kiddy harriers whilst st georges lane stands empty ,don't know whats gone on ,but gone from one of the top non league attendances to a couple of hundred if lucky and offering free admission for their last home game

Grendel

No he wasn't.....don't be a tit

Hill in his time as chairman / MD;

- Sanctioned ridiculous signings at (e.g. Collier/Jones)
- almost bankrupted the club with his decision to invest the clubs money in his American football team
- sold any player worth ten pence (other than Steve Hunt of course)
- wanted to change the clubs name and lodged a request with the football league
- created an abomination of an all seater stadium holding 12,000
- rumoured he wanted to move the club to the NEC

So yes he was a disaster
-

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Jimmy Hill as bad as SISU? Bloody hell. Certainly, his tenure wasn't without issue; but that's just an insult to his memory. You're either on the wind up, been smoking 'exotic cheroots', or need to reside a short while within an institutionalised care environment

xcraigx

George Reynolds at Darlington, Mark Gutterman at Wrexham and Steven Vaughan at Chester take some beating.

Grendel

Jimmy Hill as bad as SISU? Bloody hell. Certainly, his tenure wasn't without issue; but that's just an insult to his memory. You're either on the wind up, been smoking 'exotic cheroots', or need to reside a short while within an institutionalised care environment

As I say wanted to name change, wanted to build a 12,000 stadium, sold players at a whim, cheated to stay in the top league, one year lost an entire squad -- second worst chairman in CCFC history.

shmmeee

As I say wanted to name change, wanted to build a 12,000 stadium, sold players at a whim, cheated to stay in the top league, one year lost an entire squad -- second worst chairman in CCFC history.

That alone puts him ahead of Sisu. At least with all his apparent wickedness and underhandedness he used a bit of it to help the team, once. The rest could literally be levelled directly at Sisu.

Totally agree about number 1 though. McGinnity fucked the club over, tried to change the badge, made awful managerial decisions. Just terrible.

Hobo

Mike mcginnity

Andy Thorn, Jimmy Hill, Brian Richardson and the list gets bigger. Is there anyone who is not culpable for our clubs position? I'm surprised you support them

Users who are viewing this thread