Worse Owners (2 Viewers)

TurkeyTrot

Sorry, can't just leave it when that WUM unloads some bullshit.

It's opinion though not bullshit. Jimmy Hill done a lot of good for our club, arguably cementing the was for 30 odd years of top flight football that folk of my age had the pleasure to live through, we were spoilt! However he had some major faults, don't know about as a manager but as a chairman, innovative yes, scrapping the maximum wage for a football player without any safe guards has played its part in where football is today. Franchise football in the USA, hmmm in hindsight not helpful. I don't thing he cared much for fans opinion, something I believe SISU are guilty of. Ask those who were a part of the official supporters club at the time. Years earlier they pretty much paid for the repairs/ rebuilding of the Main stand at HR and were given the bar under the stand. Nothing signed or anything, Jimmy Hill kicked them out pretty much over night. They purchased the old 1925 club on a 25 year mortgage, it was a wreck when they bought it. What Jimmy Hill did to those fans was a disgrace. IMHO. Maybe some of the fans who were a part of that would like to comment?

TurkeyTrot

Funny end to the story was when Bryan Richardson was doing the deal to sell HR he contacted the supporters club to try to get them to give him their club on the promise that they could have a club at the Ricoh, thankfully the err declined his offer.

wingy

Maybe those Sunderland fans were right .

Seems we gained a Commercial advantage over our rivals for a couple of yrs ,takings up 15% on a drop In attendance of 22%.:whistle::whistle:

Grendel

I was at the Worcester 3-1 victory. There was a temporary problem with the Sky Blue stand that was closed due to some structural damage. Pretty sure Worcester took the lead.

Huge crowd and capacity that day relative to todays shambolic situation.

Yes it was a sell out 11,843

Hately and Whitton (twice) scored.

The interesting thing was all the team that played with one exception I believe walked out on the club at the end of the season

ollyservetta

I was there and also at that Bristol match mentioned ,one thing for sure ,a much better atmosphere at a half capacity and full capacity HR than anything since ,and if I remember the players were pissed with the money spent to redevelop and decrease the capacity of HR,rather than offer better wages and contracts ,they mostly had no problems on the pitch ,just wanted the club to progress as a footie club

Users who are viewing this thread