Wrexham (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Already 2-0 down first game back in the football league. For some reason it gives me great joy seeing them getting beat, will hopefully pipe down all the media about them!

Otis

I love how Salford won 2 nil, but didn't have any shots or shots on target and neither of their 2 goals were own goals.

🤔

Screenshot_2023-08-05-17-14-54-82_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

SkyBlueCharlie9

Wrexham genuinely felt they had a better squad than us last season. The hype about them is ridiculous and no way they are going to walk the league.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's the way of Football and always has been. Same way we got in the measure, getting a generous benefactor to raise us above.

It's not at the expense of others, it's what's happened for over a century and a half.
You would surely agree though, that what's happening now is on quite another level to the local chairmen of yesteryear?

Brighton Sky Blue

Not in Wrexham's case, no. If they're in it because they fancy a bit of excitement, so what?

If anything they've spent less than David Cooke... and certainly bribed less.
Spending millions upon millions in the Conference isn't quite what the typical club in that league can do, to put it mildly. It just inflates wages further down the pyramid and encourages more unsustainable spending from teams without a tycoon benefactor.

Not for me I'm afraid

NorthernWisdom

Spending millions upon millions in the Conference isn't quite what the typical club in that league can do, to put it mildly. It just inflates wages further down the pyramid and encourages more unsustainable spending from teams without a tycoon benefactor.

Not for me I'm afraid
But that's the way it's always been. Other clubs don't have to copy. For every Norris or Hill-Wood with Glossop, there's a New Brighton Tower Company after all.

Grendel

Not for me I'm afraid

You make it sound like this is a new idea

rob9872

Not quite as easy to buy leagues once in the FL as Salford have discovered. Was always disappointed in the Nevilles vanity project whilst Bury went bust. I'm much happier for teams like Luton who've done it properly than everyone saying little old Bournemouth backed by a poundshop Abramovic.

Users who are viewing this thread