Match Thread Wycombe (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Would you genuinely argue with those two being sub-standard?

I would add McCallum in who has been very poor in my opinion for a few games. I also think Walker should be doing better, regardless of this 'isolation' people talk about.

The rest of the team I'm very impressed with though. Dabo is doing really well despite the fact he was coming back from injury and a bit out of form it seems. He's played through that. Got to give credit to Biamou as well. I felt, particularly today, that he showed a few players up with his grit and determination.

I'm not sure you can question Bakas work rate, as I said in an earlier post it's hard to judge watching on TV, but he just doesn't look good enough.
He's not the only one, but again, it's not their fault, we're a team with a small budget in a competitive league, we're going to have to stomach carrying players who aren't up to scratch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No I agree that those 2 are obviously not up to the standard that's why I named them. I couldn't say I'm massively concerned about any others.

Dabo and Hamer linking up today doing some one touch stuff looked prem quality

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would back the others to probably break out of it.

Anyway, I don't particularly want to be negative. 3 points today is great and I'm really encouraged by the performance of a lot of players. Just wish we could win 7-0 and I could relax during a game for once!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Was Shipley injured is that why he was subbed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just listened to the interview with Robins. He kind of hinted that he clattered his knee, but I got the impression that he was sort of covering for him. He made a few comments about not being able to carry people. Surely if he was just injured, he would just state that. Make of it what you want really.

He also said Biamou didn't start because he was injured. Hamer didn't start due to concerns about disciplinary action being so close to a ban.

Johhny Blue

Quick update re: Huddersfield game. Their keeper went off injured at half time, and their best player up front (today) Danny Ward went off with a hamstring injury. Would still be happy with a point to keep the run going Our following game at Sheffield Wed, one of their better players Iorfa is now out for the rest of the season with a ruptured hamstring). Big game Forest v Sheff Wed midweek.
Not too worried about Forest and Sheffield W. right now. I’m watching teams like Brum, Preston & Millwall

Tartan Specials

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would back the others to probably break out of it.

Anyway, I don't particularly want to be negative. 3 points today is great and I'm really encouraged by the performance of a lot of players. Just wish we could win 7-0 and I could relax during a game for once!
Lol, as someone who survived the 'last three games, sent Norwich down whilst Everton turned up in their sandals' era....!! We must meet up Earlsdon and talk seven nil wins! 😀

higgs

Yes he was. Got knock to knee good 5 mins or more before he went off
Probably a took him off incase he would do damage to it hope he's not out long especially with Kelly getting injured end hamer a yellow away from a suspension we haven't much in reserve apart from Allen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Dabo of last season could have my babies, but if he's not fully fit then why play him if he don't absolutely need to do so?

Dabo has been playing his way to fitness, but as long as he is not risking himself injury wise, even at 75% he is still a street ahead of any back up we currently have. That one two he played with Hamer in the second half was different class.

BornSlippySkyBlue

But a stupid comment, because self evidently if it was easy just to magic up a goal you'd do it.
Hmm, is the stupidity in the comment, or the inability to grasp its content? Obviously if it was easy to score then everyone would do it from the first minute until the last. However, it’s not easy to score goals. Doesn’t make them any less important though. Surprised this is news to anyone.

Jamesimus

Dabo, Maddison, Wise, Kelly and Dann come to mind. Hamer is a fine player and will be a great asset but I am not sure he is the best player as yet.

You probably doubted their ability at first too 😉

But for sure, he is not the best player since the Premier League at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not sure you can question Bakas work rate, as I said in an earlier post it's hard to judge watching on TV, but he just doesn't look good enough.
He's not the only one, but again, it's not their fault, we're a team with a small budget in a competitive league, we're going to have to stomach carrying players who aren't up to scratch.

Biamou also probably isn't Championship quality but his effort is easier to spot and harder to question. Baka seems like he could use a spell in League 1 to get back up to speed

Users who are viewing this thread