Yakubu (4 Viewers)

Grendel

Perhaps after burges shambolic effort on Saturday we are looking at his goalkeeping ability.

Otis

Just a guess, but as he didn't feature at all for the U21's last night, I would say that he has either ...

1. No level of fitness about him whatsoever and needs to work on his fitness in training sessions first

Or

2. Slade took one look at him and decided he wasn't for us.

Think we were all expecting him to take some part in the game last night weren't we?

rupert_bear

Just a guess, but as he didn't feature at all for the U21's last night, I would say that he has either ...

1. No level of fitness about him whatsoever and needs to work on his fitness in training sessions first

Or

Think we were all expecting him to take some part in the game last night weren't we?
Or he's playing tonight

Otis

Or he's playing tonight
Well yeah, but very unlikely I would have thought.

As he hasn't played at all this season that would be a massive, massive gamble.

Would also mean the club have held back on the fact that we have signed him. He would have had to have been registered and signed yesterday in order for him to play tonight.

ecky

Well yeah, but very unlikely I would have thought.

As he hasn't played at all this season that would be a massive, massive gamble.

Would also mean the club have held back on the fact that we have signed him. He would have had to have been registered and signed yesterday in order for him to play tonight.
It's shameful how desperate and unorganised we have become

no_loyalty

Or

Or after a full week's training Slade will sign him on a short term contract until the end of the season?

Esoterica

He hasn’t played for a while which is the only concern,

The 34-year-old has not kicked a ball in an official game since April 10, 2016 when he lasted three minutes on the pitch against Antalyaspor in the Turkish Super Lig.

Coventry City Boss Concerned About Yakubu Inactivity For Ten Months:: All Nigeria Soccer - The Complete Nigerian Football Portal
Glad you posted a link to The Complete Nigerian Football Portal. Those half finished ones are a nightmare.

Esoterica

Has anyone told UKIP about this Nigerian Portal? Is that how that pregnant woman got in?
As long as Procol Harum don't find it we'll be ok. The last thing the UK needs right now is a bunch of Nigerian Prog Rock terrorists portalling into the country.

Otis

Or after a full week's training Slade will sign him on a short term contract until the end of the season?
Which is sort of number 1 isn't it?

If he had any sort of fitness about him at all he would surely have featured last night, even just for 15 mins or so from the bench.

Otis

But he hasn't signed. Surely they couldn't have kept that quiet. The info would be with the FL wouldn't it, all signed and registered.

steve82

no. and not bored either :)

just a lil dig thats deserved for some of nonsense said on this board in last month. soon be all out of my system

That was quick... you got me before my edit would allow me.
I'll give RS one thing over TM. His continued search for the answer in playing staff.
Had possibly more players in on trial than TM did in his entire time here.
Says all about how TM lost the desire for the job but RS still trying and fighting for the job.
Shame the 18 man playing squad cannot replicate that to

covcity4life

That was quick... you got me before my edit would allow me.
I'll give RS one thing over TM. His continued search for the answer in playing staff.
Had possibly more players in on trial than TM did in his entire time here.
Says all about how TM lost the desire for the job but RS still trying and fighting for the job.
Shame the 18 man playing squad cannot replicate that to

LOL

skybluejelly

Yakubu much be at the game watching, from the stands ?
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Hobo

If he signs Sky Blue Sam is going to have to give up his shirt, he has the only one that will fit!

no_loyalty

Was told tonight that he was signing after the game

Otis

Hopefully, just took seeing what Akinfenwa brought to the game to see we lack something like that.
You know, I can see Yakubu and Folivi up front and Beavon playing in the hole just behind them. Beavon's link up play is so good and he makes intelligent use of the ball.

Great_Expectations

You know, I can see Yakubu and Folivi up front and Beavon playing in the hole just behind them. Beavon's link up play is so good and he makes intelligent use of the ball.

I don't like usually this phrase, but Beavon almost looks too good for us. That may be due to the tactics we employ or the lack of confidence within other players, but he is head and shoulders above some of the others.

AFCCOVENTRY

Hope Beavon's injury isn't too bad.

Yakubu is a no brainer. Better to give a go than not. We don't have much choice.

Nick

Administrator
I don't like usually this phrase, but Beavon almost looks too good for us. That may be due to the tactics we employ or the lack of confidence within other players, but he is head and shoulders above some of the others.

For somebody who doesn't score goals he isn't too bad with decent service.

Much prefer him to Sordell.

Warwickhunt

If we had the YaK on yesterday's game second half when Beavon went off there is no way Wycombe would have been able to dominate us

Users who are viewing this thread