Yakubu (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Absolutely no reason why his legs should have 'gone' at 34. Sure. he may not be able to chase everything around the pitch. Let Beavon, Rose etc do that. He just needs to be at the focal point of our attack for the others to feed off. I suspect most people would describe Akinfenwa's legs have gone in terme of running - but he only has to be able to hold his ground. I suspect Yakubu's first touch is better than Akinfenwa's too.

stevefloyd

Absolutely no reason why his legs should have 'gone' at 34. Sure. he may not be able to chase everything around the pitch. Let Beavon, Rose etc do that. He just needs to be at the focal point of our attack for the others to feed off. I suspect most people would describe Akinfenwa's legs have gone in terme of running - but he only has to be able to hold his ground. I suspect Yakubu's first touch is better than Akinfenwa's too.
Ohhhh you are a one ...let Rose run about the pitch snigger...And Yakubus 2nd touch is bang....back of the net :)

skybluetony176

Nothing to lose now by signing him, he's worth a punt. Even if he can come on for the last 20 minutes as an impact player he'd be worth it. It would be more than we have to offer for the last 20 minutes at the moment anyway. The key point being "if". A big call for Slade.

Captain Dart

Otis

Not going to be signed for Saturday apparently. :(

Looking at three attacking options.

Ibby

It is understood that a deal for Yakubu is edging closer although any move is unlikely to be completed ahead of Saturday’s trip to Oldham. Oh well they should have taken a gamble on him for this game.

rupert_bear

Beats me why delay he is either good enough or not we need a striker even two asap so should be no delay we have two tough away games in four days and imo need a minimum 3 points (one win) for

Pete in Portugal

Beats me why delay he is either good enough or not we need a striker even two asap so should be no delay we have two tough away games in four days and imo need a minimum 3 points (one win) for

Venus haggling with his agent over relatively minor details possibly? Maybe it's just that he's not yet fit enough to play, so delaying tactics are being used? Meanwhile Rome burns.

Otis

It is frustrating, but it is obviously over money.

My educated guess is that we have the money for wages, but Slade is juggling with how much is available and in wanting to maybe bring 3 players in, how much much he can allocate to Yakubu's wage without losing out on the other players.

Pete in Portugal

Surely there has to be some flexibility in the current desperate situation? This overly rigid approach might have been a factor in explaining why we missed some of our targets in the summer. It is symptomatic of organisations run by 'bean counters' like Fisher.

Sub

My educated guess is that we have the money for wages, but Slade is juggling with how much is available and in wanting to maybe bring 3 players in, how much much he can allocate to Yakubu's wage without losing out on the other players.
Fisher said yesterday its not about the money :shamefullyembarrased:

stupot07

Fisher said yesterday its not about the money :shamefullyembarrased:

Oh right.

I believe him then.

The way Slade was talking, I would say it WAS about the money.
Tbf Fisher was talking about general recruitment over the last 3 windows not specifically about yakubu. Even mowbray said we missed out one or two in the summer due to other factors like location, league status, etc.

Yakubu may well be about money doesn't mean the club have under offered or that they should break the bank to land him. Might be his agent touting him to get a better deal or the fact he's never played in league and didn't realise how low the wage is and is trying to bump it up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Garryb80

In any other circumstances if City jumped in and signed a player after a 4 day trial they would be hanging the boss but now they don't properly check a player and sign him immediately its cause for complaint! Our fans really are a different breed sometimes.

Nick

Administrator

Haven't they said money was discussed before he even came here on trial?

Otis

Haven't they said money was discussed before he even came here on trial?
Just picked up on what Slade said. Can't find it now, but he said something about seeing if the finances are there and that they weren't a million miles away.

Otis

Slade said 'Nothing has happened yet, but there could be something there if the finances are right.'

stupot07

Yeah, agree.

I think Slade wants maybe 3 in, but if Yakubu asks for too much it could hamper us signing the other players.
True, and does the club think he's worth his potential wage demands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sb84

from the video here he is just a goal hanger but maybe what we need right now. Also looks like he can kick a ball with all of his 2 feet which helps a lot as a goal hanger as he wont mess about trying to get it on to the good one. Probably put on weight too but again could be a benefit to our current light weight kids, didn't hurt akinfenwa the other night.

shmmeee

To be fair to Fisher for a minute (And bearing in mind I hate that c**t with a passion).

It's pretty clear that Joy has told us there's no more money coming. Which leaves us with a lack of manoeuvrability in terms of wages and the like. Any normal club would be able to go to the owner and say "give us another £100k or whatever and I can keep us up", but Joy clearly doesn't see it like that. We are going to cost her no more and that's that.

rupert_bear

Why not ask local business men for a bung to assist has happened before If they did and Fisher turned it down wouldn't look very good would it.

Users who are viewing this thread