Yakubu (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

No worries. Don't thank me though! What I say is irrelevant really.
Just watched the highlights and Yakubu got an assist. Great decision all round by himself and Slade to stay on the pitch. ;)

Was that his only touch? He struggled with that one too! If he hadn't been there (getting in the way) someone else would've been. I was a teenager when he was banging them in in the Prem so I desperately want to see him succeed. One of my favourite players from my yoof. Bit of a cult hero.

NorthernWisdom

Was that his only touch? He struggled with that one too! If he hadn't been there (getting in the way) someone else would've been. I was a teenager when he was banging them in in the Prem so I desperately want to see him succeed. One of my favourite players from my yoof. Bit of a cult hero.
He was great.

When he could run.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

But you made no mention of the injury in your post - you just said here's Yakubu not running around for 2.5 minutes which implies that he's being lazy (like the last video of a player not doing anything that went viral did) Like I said, I don't wanna take a pop at you but as far as I can see this is either:

A) a badly thought out way to show how not warming up can injure you during a game (a long shot in my opinion as you make no mention of it)

B) Venting your frustration at a player you have developed a mini vendetta against without understanding he was injured

C) looking for social media kudos.

If it was anything other than C then you could do with social media awareness lessons - particularly as you are part of the organisation that is supposed to represent us and our club.

#PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the 3. It just implies that he wasn't doing anything for 2.5 mins. Whatever the reason may have been. I said from the start that if he wasn't injured it was bad. If he was it was worse. Whats wrong with that? Is it a good thing that Slade would keep an injured player on the pitch when we're loosing heavily? No. What's the issue?

covcity4life

Jacob murphy scored again today for norwich

Jack stephens played in a league cup final

We can get recruitment right. Budgrt must have been slashed alot i reckon

KG7

None of the 3. It just implies that he wasn't doing anything for 2.5 mins. Whatever the reason may have been. I said from the start that if he wasn't injured it was bad. If he was it was worse. Whats wrong with that? Is it a good thing that Slade would keep an injured player on the pitch when we're loosing heavily? No. What's the issue?

The issue is that you havent mentioned Slade, or the fact that he was injured.

If I put out a tweet saying you did nothing in your role for the sky blue trust it would imply that I thought you weren't very good at your role.

CJ_covblaze

The issue is that you havent mentioned Slade, or the fact that he was injured.

If I put out a tweet saying you did nothing in your role for the sky blue trust it would imply that I thought you weren't very good at your role.

Did I mention he was lazy either? I just said and showed he wasn't moving. The rest came soon after in Tweets and sometime after in posts on here. In fact in my first post on here I brought up the Slade issue.

KG7

Did I mention he was lazy either? I just said and showed he wasn't moving. The rest came soon after in Tweets and sometime after in posts on here. In fact in my first post on here I brought up the Slade issue.

But by showing him not moving and none of the context you are therefore implying it is his fault.

Anyway I have no issue with you let's draw this to a close.

PUSB

CJ_covblaze

But by showing him not moving and none of the context you are therefore implying it is his fault.

Anyway I have no issue with you let's draw this to a close.

PUSB

I think that's a good idea. I can see where you're coming from. Next time we're in the same bar (Wembley?) I'll buy you a pint!

Adge

No worries. Don't thank me though! What I say is irrelevant really.
Just watched the highlights and Yakubu got an assist. Great decision all round by himself and Slade to stay on the pitch. ;)
I don't think the assist was from Yakubu to be fair, it was an assist from the Swindon keeper! A goal from the Burge school of goalkeeping at the near post that bobbled in.

oucho

Let's say he is ruled out for the season when he gets his scan result. I wouldn't tell him to pack his bags and clear off, unless we can do so without losing 2 months' wages. I would keep him with the group as they still might learn a lot from his experience. Could help the younger players especially for now and the future.

StevieM

Quite, if we are to be paying his wages whilst he is injured then at least he can get to Ryton and help out with the kids, nowt wrong with a bit of experience to coach our baby strikers who will be first teamers next season.

rupert_bear

This Yakubu issue might just have sealed Slades fate. He had a trial for atleast a week and after seeing his fifteen or so minutes v Chesterfield was clearly immobile okay on the ball but never likely to be the man to inspire. He's cost a wage proberly a 3 month contract and I bet our highest paid player. not sure what Fisher thinks when watching us play but he must see what a waste of time and money Yakubu is

singers_pore

This Yakubu issue might just have sealed Slades fate. He had a trial for atleast a week and after seeing his fifteen or so minutes v Chesterfield was clearly immobile okay on the ball but never likely to be the man to inspire. He's cost a wage proberly a 3 month contract and I bet our highest paid player. not sure what Fisher thinks when watching us play but he must see what a waste of time and money Yakubu is

Very much doubt he is our highest paid player. It was either us or Borehamwood remember.

no_loyalty

Don't worry Slade will just go and replace Yakubu with Carlton Cole, and everything will be alright

CJ_covblaze

Buy me one as well dont want to pay those London prices

On England matchdays some of the pubs drop their prices to £3-3.50 a pint. Not bad really! It's the same at the Community Shield so hopefully it'll be the same this time. Think the old bill and/or local authority try to encourage it so you don't get people buying from shops and drinking in the streets.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Strange how it's being pushed and him doing nothing and being lazy with no mention of him tearing his hamstring

He did play a great ball over the top though I thought

At least it will mean players like Vernam get a chance to come on now!

AlansEyes

Confirmed as injured by Slade, out for a few weeks. Cut our losses? By the time he comes back we'll probably be just about confirmed as down and let's be honest, he was never going to be back to anything resembling match fitness before the end of the season anyway. Oh well, it was an exciting signing for a week or so, wasn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah no point him sticking around is there.

Altough it says two weeks, but even so is he going tob be more unfit than he was by then?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thats an odd thing to say. Why would a beard have any bearing on their ability to do a job?

But it isn't a beard is it !!! He just hasn't shaved has he , and please don't tell me it's designer stubble !!! :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread