Your Portfolio (2 Viewers)

Philosorapter

Any of you guys deal in crypto-currency?

JAM See

Crypto is now fucked isn't it?

skyblu3sk

Ftx crash will hurt for a good while would be my guess. Its certainly hitting the market hard. Really don't see it heading back up unless it starts to be usable for purchasing stuff.

Philosorapter

I've been having a look at it for the last few weeks. I have some free time recently.

7.5% APR paid daily on some options from some cryptocurrencies.

Some though are down 10% on the day, but it is as volatile as anything.

Marty

I fancy getting a slice of the crypto pie, but no idea where to start with it. Any advice...

rob9872

For those with diamond hands ... are we on our way back or temporary bull run? Got a bit of value back should we continue to hold or is it shorting before the bears go again? 🤔

clint van damme

For those with diamond hands ... are we on our way back or temporary bull run? Got a bit of value back should we continue to hold or is it shorting before the bears go again? 🤔

Temporary in my opinion. Next bull run when bitcoin halves, (around mid 2024).

Robinshio

I tend to look more at the tech stocks as at least they are not pure pyramid selling
The tech stocks are hindered by a lot of uncertainties etc, but I dont think there is room for them to go too much lower assuming they are viable businesses - the likes of Amazon/ Tesla/ shopify etc some running at 25% of their peak post pandemic
now the peaks were massively over inflated, but in a bull market, you would expect these to be running at 30%+ higher than their current values
May take time, but in 2 years and once inflationary pressures/ interest rates reduce and the economy comes back, they will prove to be a good investment

rob9872

Still going back up and recovered to around 85% of my investment now. If it breaks even I might pull out, but not sure as I'd kind of written off the sum in my head and wondering if one could still explode. Only a few sheckles spread over half a dozen cryptos.

clint van damme

Still going back up and recovered to around 85% of my investment now. If it breaks even I might pull out, but not sure as I'd kind of written off the sum in my head and wondering if one could still explode. Only a few sheckles spread over half a dozen cryptos.

If its money you don't need I'd hang in there until bitcoin halves again.
Though personally I've given up on making silly money on anything I'm holding exploding, anything Ive got hits an ATH I'm cashing in and taking the non life changing profit!

ccfc1234

For those who like to invest, I would like to highlight the merits of CVS if any of you have a couple thousand getting no interest. Pet ownership has dramatically accelerated during covid and due to divorce rates and single person childless households. In 10 years or sooner those pets will need ever more expensive treatment often paid for by pet insurance. The money will flow up to CVS who are the largest veterinary practice group on the UK and expanding fast. Will leave it with you all to decide if it's worth an investment.

Here is an article in case you wish to ha e a further read into the company and its market positioning.

JAM See

For those who like to invest, I would like to highlight the merits of CVS if any of you have a couple thousand getting no interest. Pet ownership has dramatically accelerated during covid and due to divorce rates and single person childless households. In 10 years or sooner those pets will need ever more expensive treatment often paid for by pet insurance. The money will flow up to CVS who are the largest veterinary practice group on the UK and expanding fast. Will leave it with you all to decide if it's worth an investment.

Here is an article in case you wish to ha e a further read into the company and its market positioning.

I've never directly bought a share. Only ISAs and funds.

Any advice on where to start?

( I appreciate that I should Google this, just wondering who on here directly buys shares and what their experience is.)

Greggs

I've never directly bought a share. Only ISAs and funds.

Any advice on where to start?

( I appreciate that I should Google this, just wondering who on here directly buys shares and what their experience is.)
AJ Bell is the broker I use, always been decent.

Greggs

One of speculative investments is up 70% in the last 5 days, hopefully the tide is starting to turn and I haven't just cursed it's run up by mentioning it!!!

robbiekeane

Kept it all and just forgot about it. Strategy was always to be in it for the long run whatever the outcome and that hasn’t changed.
Got a fair amount of ridiculing over the last 6 months but it’s basically back where I got in now

Greggs

Kept it all and just forgot about it. Strategy was always to be in it for the long run whatever the outcome and that hasn’t changed.
Got a fair amount of ridiculing over the last 6 months but it’s basically back where I got in now
Well played Robert. I know a few that panic sold so they could have the cash in hand, subsequently ended up spunking that cash on despensibles.

Greggs

Why would you sell now we are starting to see signs of recovery? You were brave enough to hold through the worst of it, surely now it's time to reap the fruits of your labour? If you still believe in the fundamentals of your initial investments, I feel you should stick with it, unless you need the cash of course.

robbiekeane

Well played Robert. I know a few that panic sold so they could have the cash in hand, subsequently ended up spunking that cash on despensibles.
😂 Robert

Thanks, definitely a rocky road but it’s a high risk investment so you’ve got to just stick to your strategy. Also represents a small % of portfolio

Continuing to DCA into total work ETF and a developing markets ETF. Significantly reduced the amount going in though in favour of a cash savings account as trying to buy a (residential) house in next two years

Whats your current approach?

Greggs

😂 Robert

Thanks, definitely a rocky road but it’s a high risk investment so you’ve got to just stick to your strategy. Also represents a small % of portfolio

Continuing to DCA into total work ETF and a developing markets ETF. Significantly reduced the amount going in though in favour of a cash savings account as trying to buy a (residential) house in next two years

Whats your current approach?
Sounds good mate. I've been averaging down on one or two speculative stocks and adding monthly to the 'safer' ones. Just plodding along, waiting for things to recover, hoping to have a nice nest egg incase I ever need it! Simple life me, not really bothered about material items.

Greggs

It's up another 30% already this morning. It's on fire!!!!

Mr Panda

My is Pinterest up 8.5% today. Finally feel like I’m making some good gains, but as ever, in it for the long haul!

ccfc1234

One of speculative investments is up 70% in the last 5 days, hopefully the tide is starting to turn and I haven't just cursed it's run up by mentioning it!!!
Well done, with the small caps huge jumps and falls are a very possible. I looked at the company as I have not heard of them and they seem to have a good management team. The sector is quite volatile but there will be some long term winners. I am not sure if your familiar with Finviz but for free their stock screener is first class.

Users who are viewing this thread