Your Portfolio (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Despite the market dropping due to world issues my S&S ISA is now back up to £6009.27 and making 11.28%

I'll take that!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Checked this morning and it's now at £8848.34 making 8.03%

I now deposit £63 a week so £250 a month.

Was very low most of last year but been picking up since January so good to see it looking healthy! I started in June 2020 so will be interesting to see how much is in there on the three year anniversary!

rob9872

Strap in crypto kids, could bd a bumpy ride, but those diamond hands are on their way to the moon today 🚀

Astute

Pulled my cash out of shares 2021 as life got a bit hectic. Just didn't have the time to keep an eye on everything every day. Handed it over to a mate who is a financial advisor.

We have a little competition on who does best. I put all my eggs in one basket. All in unit trusts and bonds. I chose one with the Pru. He has chosen one each from Schroeder, Slater investments, Link Fund Solutions and Baillie Gifford. Together we are up about 7% which is decent in these times. Aim is just 4% a year as low risk. Best move I ever made with investing.

3 of his choices are doing very well. 1 is very much down. I'm just in the lead so far. My pension at the same time is down nearly 6%. But much better than most. 3 lads at work have withdrawn their retirement requests through losing a lot of money in the same time.

If anyone is interested in a safer place to put your money send me a message and I'll show you where I'm invested presently.

CCFCSteve

For any finance geeks out there, worth keeping an eye on what’s happening in US at the moment following the ‘failure’ of SVB. Already having a knock on affect on markets here.

I guess this is what happens when you have non existent interest rates for years, continue to print tens/hundreds billions and then have central banks having to raise rates at a crazy pace to stifle out of control inflation….whole system can start to creak/crack

Going to be a volatile few days or weeks

shmmeee

For any finance geeks out there, worth keeping an eye on what’s happening in US at the moment following the ‘failure’ of SVB. Already having a knock on affect on markets here.

I guess this is what happens when you have non existent interest rates for years, continue to print tens/hundreds billions and then have central banks having to raise rates at a crazy pace to stifle out of control inflation….whole system can start to creak/crack

Interesting that the tech half of my Twitter is convinced bailouts are needed to stop contagion and the politics side thinks they’re not because of how limited the markets that are exposed are.

NorthernWisdom

Going to have any effect on interest rates here, you think?

napolimp

I've just opened my first SIPP in the last few weeks (in my early 30's), as my circumstances mean I can suddenly put a fair chunk in pension. Trouble is I have no idea what I'm doing. The SIPP is with AJ Bell, and I want to invest the money in various funds. Any tips or advice on choosing funds, and how much to put in each one? I'd like a high risk portfolio as won't be touched for 30 years.

Thanks.

clint van damme

I've just opened my first SIPP in the last few weeks (in my early 30's), as my circumstances mean I can suddenly put a fair chunk in pension. Trouble is I have no idea what I'm doing. The SIPP is with AJ Bell, and I want to invest the money in various funds. Any tips or advice on choosing funds, and how much to put in each one? I'd like a high risk portfolio as won't be touched for 30 years.

Thanks.

There's loads of stuff on their website about how to do it and you can let them manage it for you if you'd prefer.

Greggs

I'm getting the feeling that I'm actually going to have to put some effort into educating myself.
1000%. Your SIPP will hopefully be life changing, i think its 55 with AJBELL? Find a reliable growth stock that pays big dividends.

CCFCSteve

Going to have any effect on interest rates here, you think?

It’s had a massive impact on bond yields. US down 1% in three days (like the Truss days in reverse 😂). Ours/rest of Europe also dropped significantly. This is because the markets are now expecting central banks to not go as high (terminal rate) and even have to cut rates later in the year as they’ll be worried that the rapid increases might be breaking the financial system/having unexpected negative impacts elsewhere.

US CPI tomorrow is important for them. If inflation stays high/creeps up the Fed might feel they’ll have to keep raising rates (Fed decision next week). ECB meeting later this week and Bank of England next.

Long way to say, fuck knows mate as it depends where central banks see greater risk…sticky inflation or system breaking (and potentially more problems with banks). Ideal would be inflation to be dropping so central banks ease off rate increases. Central banks will certainly be more keen to ease off asap after recent issues in U.S.

CCFCSteve

Thanks.

If you’re paying personally directly into a SIPP make sure you claim back tax if you’re a higher rate tax payer. I think usually the SIPP provider would recover basic rate element rebate of any monies you pay in but you usually have to claim back higher rate element yourself. Double check with AJ Bell

AJ Bell will have details of all types of funds available and I’d imagine each of their risk profiles, probably have ratings for them etc, so you can pick what suits. Then you might want to have a look at specific shares yourself. Goes without saying always
do a bit of research etc

Astute

Thanks.
First of all I think you need to learn what the term high risk actually means 😅

High risk would be a part of your portfolio. I wouldn't go past 20% at your age. Never more than 10% myself though. Medium risk long term is the way to go. But also low risk. When you reach your mid 40's start to reduce risk. 5 years before you plan to retire get it to level out at low risk.

I retired yesterday 🥳

All my money is in low risk. Aim is 4% pa. Beat it easily usually. Lately been saved by being in bonds. Just remember once it's gone..... compound interest is great but the losses more drastic. You need to make nearly 50% profit two years on the trot to make up a single 50% drop.

clint van damme

High risk would be a part of your portfolio. I wouldn't go past 20% at your age. Never more than 10% myself though. Medium risk long term is the way to go. But also low risk. When you reach your mid 40's start to reduce risk. 5 years before you plan to retire get it to level out at low risk.

I retired yesterday 🥳

All my money is in low risk. Aim is 4% pa. Beat it easily usually. Lately been saved by being in bonds. Just remember once it's gone..... compound interest is great but the losses more drastic. You need to make nearly 50% profit two years on the trot to make up a single 50% drop.

Congratulations on your retirement

napolimp

I retired yesterday 🥳

Congratulations.

Did you go down the route of picking your own stocks, or did you use funds? Did you have a certain percentage split between stocks, bonds, etc? Thanks.

Astute

Thanks

The older you are the lower the risk you take. All low risk by 5 to 10 years before your planned retirement date. The rest is down to your perception of risk.

Used to look after my own but now in all types of funds and bonds to spread the risk. Don't wake up worrying how everything went after a dip anymore 😆😁

SkyBlueSoul

Seeing this reminded me I got cocky when I first had disposable income about 10 years ago and bought some shares in JustPark. Just checked and my £20 of shares is now worth £43 :cool:

And there ends my knowledge of the subject.

Robinshio

Seeing this reminded me I got cocky when I first had disposable income about 10 years ago and bought some shares in JustPark. Just checked and my £20 of shares is now worth £43 :cool:

And there ends my knowledge of the subject.
thats about 8% per year, not bad

skyblue1991

Well you've convinced me to sign up!

£50 a week on an adventurous level Stock and Shares ISA

Look forward to monitoring the results!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Three years to the day. Currently deposit £250 a month without roundups

I'm now sitting on £9977.08 making me 7.86%. That percentage is despite COVID, the crypto current crash and the war in Ukraine

Just shy of £10k in three years, really pleased with that! Long may it continue!

skyblu3sk

I'm now sitting on £9977.08 making me 7.86%. That percentage is despite COVID, the crypto current crash and the war in Ukraine

Just shy of £10k in three years, really pleased with that! Long may it continue!

Is that 7.86% over that time or annually? Reason I ask is the top savings accounts are currently offering 5.3% pa for 3 years fixed. May be worth a gander. Of course the stocks and shares isa may be sitting on some low valued stock that suddenly raises taking that figure a lot higher.

skyblu3sk

Sorry also meant to say fair play getting some savings in the bank even during this period with cost of living etc!

Robinshio

Cant see Tesla recovering TBH. Always massively overpriced.
76% Growth in 5 months :)
I tend to look more at the tech stocks as at least they are not pure pyramid selling
The tech stocks are hindered by a lot of uncertainties etc, but I dont think there is room for them to go too much lower assuming they are viable businesses - the likes of Amazon/ Tesla/ shopify etc some running at 25% of their peak post pandemic
now the peaks were massively over inflated, but in a bull market, you would expect these to be running at 30%+ higher than their current values
May take time, but in 2 years and once inflationary pressures/ interest rates reduce and the economy comes back, they will prove to be a good investment
shopify around 40%,
Amazon around 30%

I was saying 30% undervalued - so now back to proper values

skyblue1991

Is that 7.86% over that time or annually? Reason I ask is the top savings accounts are currently offering 5.3% pa for 3 years fixed. May be worth a gander. Of course the stocks and shares isa may be sitting on some low valued stock that suddenly raises taking that figure a lot higher.
It's the % growth at the moment. It could change tomorrow

The highest it's been is around 19% in December 2022 a month or so before it kicked off on Ukraine. It was -1% around March/April 2022

I would go for that savings account if you can lock away, especially if you've got a fair amount of savings! My S&S ISA isn't my emergency fund, I'm in for the long haul

shmmeee

76% Growth in 5 months :)

shopify around 40%,
Amazon around 30%

I was saying 30% undervalued - so now back to proper values

Fair play. I’ve been seeing them everywhere recently too. Genuinely thought they’d missed the boat.

skyblu3sk

It's the % growth at the moment. It could change tomorrow

The highest it's been is around 19% in December 2022 a month or so before it kicked off on Ukraine. It was -1% around March/April 2022

I would go for that savings account if you can lock away, especially if you've got a fair amount of savings! My S&S ISA isn't my emergency fund, I'm in for the long haul

Sounds similar to my pension took a 10% dip after the Ukraine invasion I'm playing in a few places at the moment like Etoro but most cash is going in to the house until the end of this year so mainly instant access for now.

Greggs

Apple released VR glasses yesterday, shawes dropped 2%, standard!!!

Greggs

Don’t these things usually get priced in early then when they inevitably aren’t perfect bounce back a bit?
Yeah was a classic case of sell the news. slightly high price point too, but people will soon realise it's more than a toy.

fernandopartridge

Have you paid in £9k (36 x £250)?

shmmeee

Yeah was a classic case of sell the news. slightly high price point too, but people will soon realise it's more than a toy.

I think once the non “Pro” version drops (next year or year after) and it’s closer to the price of a top end iPhone you’ll see a lot of people buying in. There’s plenty of scope for price cutting to get something mass market out once all the influencers have had a shot.

Mr Panda

Set myself a weird challenge in March/April of completing academic surveys in my spare time rather than doing other meaningless stuff like swiping social media or watching crap TV.

I’ve accumulated roughly $60 a month since April time and invested it entirely into Tesla of which I’m currently up just under 30%

I’ll not touch this money til 2030 (can’t see myself keeping up this challenge though, it’s mind numbingly boring).

Users who are viewing this thread