Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Millwall Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Feb (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Not surprising bearing in mind the amount if work he got through.
Or maybe it’s a touch of the virus that’s been going round (so many people I know have had this lingering cold that’s like a poor covid). Bidwell has also looked under the weather.

Pure speculation but we need Hamer Saturday.

Tommo1993

That goal. Live it didn’t look like it flew in as quick as that, it’s beautiful. You won’t find a GK anywhere who can stop that.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Needs to hold R1 to dink it over the keeper. Everyone knows that. Amateur.

Just re-watched Vik's 2 one-on-ones. The first he did try to chip it and the keeper saved it with his stomach. Not a lot Vik could do really after sprinting 50 yards and Palmer's ball taking him slightly wide -

1676456787135.png

The second one, the keeper was again out quickly and again Vik had just sprinted 50 yards, so really didn't have much time to do much apart from try and poke it past him.

1676456914937.png

and for completeness, here's his goal, which arrowed past the last defender's left hand side :oops:. What a strike.

1676457562162.png

stupot07

Just re-watched Vik's 2 one-on-ones. The first he did try to chip it and the keeper saved it with his stomach. Not a lot Vik could do really after sprinting 50 yards and Palmer's ball taking him slightly wide -

View attachment 28422

The second one, the keeper was again out quickly and again Vik had just sprinted 50 yards, so really didn't have much time to do much apart from try and poke it past him.

View attachment 28423

and for completeness, here's his goal, which arrowed past the last defender's left hand side :oops:. What a strike.

View attachment 28424

The top 2 you have to score in the Premier League. He could have gone around him on the second one. Massive chances

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

View attachment 28422

View attachment 28423

View attachment 28424

I wasn’t serious. I’d like to see him try and go around the keeper more but I’m not sure his dribbling style is right for it. Not sure but I’d like to see him try.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I wasn’t serious. I’d like to see him try and go around the keeper more but I’m not sure his dribbling style is right for it. Not sure but I’d like to see him try.
Apologies, I meant to quote CCFCSteve, not your reply to him (y)

Yeah, said the same to my boy, Vik's 'dribbling' is more rampaging, looking almost out of control, so can't really imagine him gracefully gliding around the keeper!

pusbccfc

The top 2 you have to score in the Premier League. He could have gone around him on the second one. Massive chances

Both very good keeping.

PVA

He probably should have gone round the keeper for the second, but obviously easy with hindsight.

Tremendous finish for the goal. Reminded me of his goal at Sunderland

CCFC54321

Allen reminds me of a little, yappy dog, running around to different players but never quite getting there in time and having no bite when he arrives. He isn’t physically strong enough to protect the ball either.
I don’t really have a downer on him, just want him to be sharper and start tackling, maybe more like Doyle was.
I was thinking it was just me that though he was ineffective last night but trotted into work and greeted with “Great result having to play with ten men last night!”

CCFC54321

He probably should have gone round the keeper for the second, but obviously easy with hindsight.

Tremendous finish for the goal. Reminded me of his goal at Sunderland
I was right behind it… like a bullet.

No chance of him being here next season… we really should do some damage with £15m plus next season?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Surely you've seen many 1 on 1 missed in the Premier League If he played in the top league he would get far more protection than he gets in our league.IMHO more protection more goals. The guy has been fouled more times this season than Harry Cane and Erling Haaland put together. He is immense.

stupot07

Surely you've seen many 1 on 1 missed in the Premier League If he played in the top league he would get far more protection than he gets in our league.IMHO more protection more goals. The guy has been fouled more times this season than Harry Cane and Erling Haaland put together. He is immense.

He is immense but he still has room for improvement and the quality and consistency of his finishing is one of those things.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

He is immense but he still has room for improvement and the quality and consistency of his finishing is one of those things.

There is always room for improvement.I notice Haaland has only scored one in every three times he had had a shot.I do think Vic is improving every game.He is looking to set up players a bit more now and comes in a bit earlier off the touchline so as not to get boxed in the corner but he is CLASS now and is improving.

Johhny Blue

Seen some nonsense on here. Palmer and Vik the best players on the park. Palmer MOM, should have had at least two assists to his name. His timing of the threaded passes is sublime. All of the usual suspects moaning about subs, who would you have taken off and for who?
Gyokores off for Walker and McGuire

Users who are viewing this thread