Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Millwall Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Millwall match, tactics and predictions :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Injuries and suspension forcing selection again-will probably be

Wilson
Cuffey
McNally
McF
Doyle
Bidwell
Eccles
Hamer
Allen
Godden
Gyo

Eccles is needed more in central midfield than RWB. Millwall in excellent form, 1-2 defeat

Reactions: AOM

Kilclines curly mullet

Injuries and suspension forcing selection again-will probably be

Wilson
Cuffey
McNally
McF
Doyle
Bidwell
Eccles
Hamer
Allen
Godden
Gyo

Eccles is needed more in central midfield than RWB. Millwall in excellent form, 1-2 defeat
It’s a good job that there are 3 worse teams than us this season as that looks a top end league 1 side to me.

Julie SBA

I think the real problem is that the injures and suspension will result is a weak subs. bench: Moore, Rose, Burroughs, Maguire, Walker, ???, ???
The bench will be fine, not near the state we were a few weeks back. Panzo, BNC/Eccles/Allen depending on the team to add.

Julie SBA

I'd love to see this team:

Wilson
McNally - Fadz - Doyle
Burroughs - Eccles - Palmer - Hamer - Bidwell
Godden - Vik

Subs: Moore, Rose, Panzo, BNC, Allen, Maguire, Walker

I expect to see this team

Wilson
McNally - Fadz - Doyle
Eccles - Allen - Palmer - Hamer - Bidwell
Godden - Vik

Subs: Moore, Rose, Panzo, Burroughs, BNC, Maguire, Walker

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd love to see this team:

Wilson
McNally - Fadz - Doyle
Burroughs - Eccles - Palmer - Hamer - Bidwell
Godden - Vik

Subs: Moore, Rose, Panzo, BNC, Allen, Maguire, Walker

I expect to see this team

Wilson
McNally - Fadz - Doyle
Eccles - Allen - Palmer - Hamer - Bidwell
Godden - Vik

Subs: Moore, Rose, Panzo, Burroughs, BNC, Maguire, Walker

To be fair, there is only a Burroughs for Allen difference in the two teams.

Julie SBA

And the deployment of Eccles.

I think Robins will start both Eccles and Allen leaving no midfield cover to come off the bench fresh. I think its time for Allen to have a rest.

TBF he may well go BNC and Allen to start. All of this is of course assuming Sheaf is unavailable

shmmeee

Cavalcade of shite teams continues in this c**t triple header. Assuming no one will be back from injury.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Eccles Allen Palmer Hamer Bidwell
Vik Godden

S: Moore, Rose, BNC, Burroughs, Howley, Maguire, Walker

1-0 City. Much needed win, Vik to score.

Sky Blue Pete

Panzo being mentioned might mean he was going to start on Saturday so maybe he’ll be in on Tuesday

Can’t imagine there weren’t knocks so expect some changes from Saturday and don’t expect sheaf back any time soon

SkyBlueSoul

Slightly more pessimistic after Saturday, Sheaf out is a massive blow. Robins saying he "popped" his calf is worrying, doesn't sound like something minor to me. Hopefully Godden can manage another start after going down with cramp too. Best case I'll go for another 1-1 but think we'll lose, 1-0

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Palmer
Godden Vik

PVA

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Palmer get a rest. Obviously he was due to start on the bench on Saturday and after starting 8 games in a row he is probably due a rest given his earlier fitness issues. I guess it depends on whether Godden is fit enough to start two games so soon after returning from injury.

Wilson

McNally – Fadz – Doyle

BNC – Hamer – Eccles – Bidwell

Allen

Gyokeres – Godden

Palmer in for Godden if Godden is not ready to start.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don't care who we start but please let us be more attack minded from the off. Play hamer in attacking midfield from the start not wait till we are behind.Lets stop bringing every one back(we have one up they need two back) for corners only to kick it upfield and have it coming straight back.

slowpoke

Panzo being mentioned might mean he was going to start on Saturday so maybe he’ll be in on Tuesday

Can’t imagine there weren’t knocks so expect some changes from Saturday and don’t expect sheaf back any time soon
I’m hoping we use
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Palmer get a rest. Obviously he was due to start on the bench on Saturday and after starting 8 games in a row he is probably due a rest given his earlier fitness issues. I guess it depends on whether Godden is fit enough to start two games so soon after returning from injury.

Wilson

McNally – Fadz – Doyle

BNC – Hamer – Eccles – Bidwell

Allen

Gyokeres – Godden

Palmer in for Godden if Godden is not ready to start.
There is Maguire

slowpoke

Don't care who we start but please let us be more attack minded from the off. Play hamer in attacking midfield from the start not wait till we are behind.Lets stop bringing every one back(we have one up they need two back) for corners only to kick it upfield and have it coming straight back.
We’ve done that for yonks, leave one up top, one between penalty areas area and half way line that would bring four opponents back, and a less crowded penalty area to defend, simple.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They are showing top six form, which is amazingly what some on here were predicting after we beat Huddersfield. We are a long way away from Millwall the way that we are playing, even with the league still being strangely tight. We probably have to hope that they don't turn up if we're going to get anything though, as they have lost the same amount of games we have won since the world cup - two.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Eccles Hamer Bidwell
Allen Palmer
Gyokeres

Moore, Panzo, BNC, Kelly, Maguire, Godden, Walker

Close game. Might just sneak a win.

Johnnythespider

Slightly more pessimistic after Saturday, Sheaf out is a massive blow. Robins saying he "popped" his calf is worrying, doesn't sound like something minor to me. Hopefully Godden can manage another start after going down with cramp too. Best case I'll go for another 1-1 but think we'll lose, 1-0

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Palmer
Godden Vik
I watched a cow pop a calf out once, if his injury is anything like that we might never see him again. In other news I've just seen the game is on sky sports arena for anybody who can't make it.

ProfessorbyGrace

I get the feeling we could very well get streamrollered, as Millwall are a tough nut to crack, and our form is woeful; if we can snatch a goal, maybe we can stifle them, I dunno.

Maybe Fadz’s influence will re-ignite a bit of organisation and impetus, as we could really do with a few wins to steady this tottering run we’re on.

Any time you feel like breaking this barren spell, Vik, you slam a few home, son.

2-1 City. PUSB. ⚽️

Users who are viewing this thread