Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Reading Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Reading match, tactics and predictions :)

SeaSeeEffCee

We will need to play better than we did last night to win this one. Good result for Reading vs Luton last night.

shmmeee

Need a performance and three points. Lots of chances for those around us to drop points, but we can’t keep relying on others fucking up.

Skybluecol

I would start Kelly instead of Eccles....he won't last the full 90 but imo better suited (unless Sheaf is out then its a swap with him)
Play JWE instead of Bidwell as we need to be more attacking minded at home. I'd stay with Godden with a view of bringing Walker on at 60mins if we need to.
Need to ensure we don't concede early, make the most of the big crowd (surely it's going to be 25k? With 2k Reading?)
2 nil City......Godden & Gyok either side of half time PUSB

AOM

Same starting line up from last night, but Walker in place of Godden and Allen/Kelly for Sheaf assuming he's definitely out.
They're fighting for their lives, but must win for us

clint van damme

Must win, a really must win, more of a must win than the previous 3 games which were must wins and we only won 1 of, this is crunch time!

Ashdown

Has to be 6 points over the next two matches. Got to create more than last night. On that basis I’d give JWE more game time as he is good going forward. Hope Sheaf will be fit, he was a big loss last night ?
How many are Reading bringing ? Big game for them too. City fans need to pack out the CBS for this.

Offhegoes

I'd bring in Jamie Allen for Eccles if Sheaf is fit. If Sheaf isn't fit then Allen in for Godden and switch to the one striker up front.
Thought Panzo looked good last night but can't see him displacing Doyle. I'd like to see Walker get a start but I can't see Robins dropping Godden

rhino1002

I'd bring in Jamie Allen for Eccles if Sheaf is fit. If Sheaf isn't fit then Allen in for Godden and switch to the one striker up front.
Thought Panzo looked good last night but can't see him displacing Doyle. I'd like to see Walker get a start but I can't see Robins dropping Godden
is Allen fit ???

ProfessorbyGrace

MR will persist with Godden, and we know it, barring an injury to him.

Just hopeful that the lads are looser than last night, and tactically a bit more productive than just bang it down the channels for Vik and rely on Eccles to link the midfield and attack (which is what I think I saw, and he just wasn’t capable, sadly).

Maybe Bidwell will enjoy a bit more success against Reading, as I can see Esbrand is willing, but just still a bit naive and lacking that end product.

If Sheaf is crocked again, urgh. Put Eccles back there if Allen is fit, but it’ll have to be Kelly if he isn’t.

Havent looked at Readings form, but regardless, we need the 3 points. 1-0 City. ⚽️

Evo1883

I thought we were generally dire last night .. the players looked very nervy .. so I don't know what to expect .

The next 2 games we simply have to win surely ?
I'm not sure we can do it mentally ..

So I'm going to predict a draw

JonesBob

We have three cup finals, and I just want to thank manager, coaches and players for giving us something to look forward to rather than the customary relegation dog fight we are used to. In my heart I do not care if we get promoted because at last we have something to build on. Yes, players will leave but we will have a little money where we can bring in some quality to challenge again next season. I hope this is a new world we now live in.

skybluegod

MR quotes
Sheaf looks like a tear, fingers crossed it’s not but it’s our luck

Allen should be fine after a few painkillers

so least we should have one

Robins has said Allen could not should with Allen and will need to check tomorrow. Think it will be Kelly to start.

baldy

We have three cup finals, and I just want to thank manager, coaches and players for giving us something to look forward to rather than the customary relegation dog fight we are used to. In my heart I do not care if we get promoted because at last we have something to build on. Yes, players will leave but we will have a little money where we can bring in some quality to challenge again next season. I hope this is a new world we now live in.

We haven't had a customary relegation dogfight since MRs 2nd coming have we?

Jamesimus

Dabo JWE Walker all to start

Think that's a bit harsh on BNC who had a good game going forwards last night and we need to go for this one. I realize he's impetuous and left some gaps last night, but think we need to gamble here.

We are better than Reading in all departments; fans, history, culture, proximity to London, so that's my justification.

Otis

Think that's a bit harsh on BNC who had a good game going forwards last night and we need to go for this one. I realize he's impetuous and left some gaps last night, but think we need to gamble here.

We are better than Reading in all departments; fans, history, culture, proximity to London, so that's my justification.
🤔🧐

SkyBlue_Bear83

Assuming Sheaf and Allen are not fit:

Wilson
McNally
Fadz
Doyle
BNC
Hamer
Kelly
Eccles
JWE
Gyokeres
Walker
Looks a weak team with Walker, Kelly, Eccles but they are probably our best options right now.

Hopefully it will be enough to get 3 points

Users who are viewing this thread