Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Reading Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Apr (3 Viewers)

Offhegoes

Id start Dabo and JWE. If Dabo is having one of those days then bring on BNC. If Dabo is on his game he is a better option. Rest of the selection depends on Sheaf. I would expect he won't make it, and if Allen is out then it will surely be Kelly.

MAFF

Really looking forward/nervous for it but it absolutely stinks of a 0-0. Early goal would be nice.

SkyBlueSoul

My uncle's coming down for this so I've ended up buying a ticket so we can definitely sit together. You can just scan the barcode from your phone can't you?

CCFC54321

Id start Dabo and JWE. If Dabo is having one of those days then bring on BNC. If Dabo is on his game he is a better option. Rest of the selection depends on Sheaf. I would expect he won't make it, and if Allen is out then it will surely be Kelly.
Think Allen is available tomorrow.

Matt smith

Hopefully you’re not one of many that wanted nothing to do with him at 100% earlier in the season
I’m not his biggest fan, and I wouldn’t want him starting every week. But without o hare and Palmer I obviously think we need him tomorrow

and this year he has contributed much more heavily

Grendel

I’m not his biggest fan, and I wouldn’t want him starting every week. But without o hare and Palmer I obviously think we need him tomorrow

and this year he has contributed much more heavily

His goals alone this season have been vital

DannyThomas_1981

Support is different from commenting on their performances.
There's nothing wrong with considered commentary. Continuously slating a young lad making his way into the professional game for all aspects of his game ahead of what I see as our 3 biggest games in 20 years - that's not helpful to anyone.

For what it's worth our 2 young wing backs do offer something and grow into games - particularly after half time.

I can't understand why anyone would be committing any time to slating our own players right now vs. being excited about our amazing season and the 3 cup finals ahead - blows my mind. Some very strange cats on here.

fernandopartridge

There's nothing wrong with considered commentary. Continuously slating a young lad making his way into the professional game for all aspects of his game ahead of what I see as our 3 biggest games in 20 years - that's not helpful to anyone.

For what it's worth our 2 young wing backs do offer something and grow into games - particularly after half time.

I can't understand why anyone would be committing any time to slating our own players right now vs. being excited about our amazing season and the 3 cup finals ahead - blows my mind. Some very strange cats on here.

Grow up. It is a fact that various facets of Cuffy's game are weak.

NorthernWisdom

Nuance, that's why people wouldn't just spend their time saying Great, Smashing, Super ad infinitum.

Grendel

Its a vital time of the season. Cuffey gets an easy ride from most on here - I hardly think his sensitivities are that precious

Hertsccfc

y
Nuance, that's why people wouldn't just spend their time saying Great, Smashing, Super ad infinitum.
Yet you get upset if anyone suggests Allen isn't a top Championship player.

I agree about nuance but BNC and JWE are blamed for us conceding goals that are clearly not their fault. I am Hamer's biggest fan but he was responsible for the Sunderland goal not JWE. And BNC was not responsible for Blackburn's goal.

NorthernWisdom

Yet you get upset if anyone suggests Allen isn't a top Championship player.
Nope, I get upset with people losing all reason and getting personal, going as low as questioning his mental capacity(!) and behaving like lemmings, falling off a cliff to offer a collective view, be it good or bad, rather than judging for themselves.

However, rather than just call people cunts, I actually explained why I thought their criticisms were nonsense, and decided to highlight the positive signs of Allen.

Hertsccfc

Nope, I get upset with people losing all reason and getting personal, going as low as questioning his mental capacity(!) and behaving like lemmings, falling off a cliff to offer a collective view, be it good or bad, rather than judging for themselves.

However, rather than just call people cunts, I actually explained why I thought their criticisms were nonsense, and decided to highlight the positive signs of Allen.
Have you not read certain comments about Norton Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand, virtually every match regardless of how they play? I have no problem with reasoned arguments, in fact I enjoy such discussions but some if these had no reason what so ever.

I believe I challenged the personal comments Allen.

Grendel

Have you not read certain comments about Norton Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand, virtually every match regardless of how they play? I have no problem with reasoned arguments, in fact I enjoy such discussions but some if these had no reason what so ever.

I believe I challenged the personal comments Allen.

When they are criticised you get very angsty - yet far less so about other players - it’s strange

NorthernWisdom

On the Allen theme (and this is not directed at herts), why is it that 'he's shit' is another side of the argument that can be understood for Allen, yet suggesting Norton-Cuffy shows a lack of positional awareness is a heinous crime and is not supporting the lads?

shmmeee

Some interesting games, a win might not put us into the top six (well except for a few hours) but West Brom and Blackburn winning probably knocks Sunderland and Preston out of the race. Gonna add a worst win as well:

Other games:

Norwich v Swansea
Wigan v Millwall
Preston
v Blackburn (5:30)
WBA v Sunderland (Sun)

Best:
Us, Swansea and Wigan win, others draw

5 CCFC 66 P44 +10
6 Millwall 65 P44 +7
7 Blackburn 65 P43 -2
8 WBA 64 P43 +9
9 Sunderland 63 P44 +9
10 Preston 63 P44 -8
11 Norwich 62 P44 +7

Worst Win:

5 Millwall 68 P44 +9
6 Blackburn 67 P43 -1
7 WBA 66 P43 +10
8 CCFC 66 P44 +10
9 Norwich 65 P44 +7
10 Sunderland 63 P44 +8
11 Preston 63 P44 -9

Worst Possible Weekend:

5 Millwall 68 P44 +9
6 Blackburn 67 P43 -1
7 WBA 66 P43 +10
8 Norwich 64 P44 +9
9 CCFC 63 P44 +8
10 Sunderland 62 P44 +8
11 Watford 62 P44 +3
12 Preston 62 P44 -9
13 Swansea 59 P44 -1

Hertsccfc

When they are criticised you get very angsty - yet far less so about other players - it’s strange
Not true. Off the top of my head, I was one of the first posters to defend Sheaf from ridiculous criticism; Bidwell early this season; O'Hare in relation to the burden accusation; Godden consistently; Walker; Palmer; Hamer of course throughout and even Wilson. There are others I am sure.

Grendel

Not true. Off the top of my head, I was one of the first posters to defend Sheaf from ridiculous criticism; Bidwell early this season; O'Hare in relation to the burden accusation; Godden consistently; Walker; Palmer; Hamer of course throughout and even Wilson. There are others I am sure.

You’ve stared Sheaf has less talent than Eccles

Bidwell you said should have been dropped after one bad game as it would have a bad impact on team morale and send the wrong message if he wasn’t

PVA

Animated GIF

Hertsccfc

You’ve stared Sheaf has less talent than Eccles

Bidwell you said should have been dropped after one bad game as it would have a bad impact on team morale and send the wrong message if he wasn’t
So?

Neither are personal or offensive and are just my judgement. I like Sheaf a lot but feel Eccles is more talented.

Robins did drop Bidwell after that West Brom match, exactly as I had expected. It was one of the worst individual performances of the season. He was also poor against Blackburn although good at QPR. I judge players' performance on how they play in a match not whether or not I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread