Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Swansea City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Dec (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

I do hope those 2 cunts had brought French flags for ntcham otherwise sad as fuck

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

There is no exuse for that capitulation whatever way you look at it.

Robins subs were pathetic, he takes a whack of the blame

The players we're like fucking scared schoolchildren after the tide turned. I rarely get aggy and mouthy at the game, but i fucking lost the plot, not once did ANY of them on that pitch gee the others up, give a bollocking, get the others pumped back up, call for calm, nothing

Not one single one of the bollockless little pricks.

They have to take some of the blame for that alone

I am absolutely furious with that. Haven't felt this wound up about a performance since the 6-2 Yeovil embarrassment

Saddlebrains

All seriousness i was going to struggle to get up there Wednesday due to shit needing doing for xmas

Had been convincing the kids mum to let them attend as its not usually my time with them a Wednesday eve

They can now stay in the warm watching netflix and il wrap presents getting tanked up on Baileys and Snowballs instead

Absolutely raging

Brighton Sky Blue

All seriousness i was going to struggle to get up there Wednesday due to shit needing doing for xmas

Had been convincing the kids mum to let them attend as its not usually my time with them a Wednesday eve

They can now stay in the warm watching netflix and il wrap presents getting tanked up on Baileys and Snowballs instead

Absolutely raging
So you’re taking it pretty well?

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely raging
Great support! Not

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Absolutely raging

I was gonna ask if I could come round, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by snowball here.

alexccfc99

I'm the opposite, wasn't to pissed off about defeat last week, fucking raging about today.
Still 4 points off the play offs with 2 games in hand though. Hopefully we make them count.
No don’t get me wrong, I should be a lot more annoyed than I am - To not win when your 3-0 up mid second half is unforgivable

I don’t know whether my enthusiasm has been sapped due to the World Cup or the off the field issues… or whether it was actually for a change refreshing to watch two attacking, passing decent sides have a good go at it today as opposed to the negative dross that come to the CBS most weeks

I’m just not as annoyed as I should be I don’t know why

sotvtoday

Gutted with that. Excellent for an hour but a disgrace to let a team back in like that.

Might be being melodramatic but everything around the club is poor at the moment.

Takeover, stadium lease, club shop now power cuts at the training ground; the place is a joke and needs sorting asap.

In that working environment you can see players wanting to leave.
They will be if they read this!

Paxman II

Look the truth be known it was a little flattering to be 3-0 up tbf. Swansea played well and competed all game, their chances came and went for over an hour. Then we stepped back, took our foot off the pedal and let the team with the most possesion come at us with nothing to lose. We looked jaded and tired that last 30 minustes. They couln't train outside all week and that fitness level showed. Allen was out of it in the last half hour, O'Hare didn't really do much work off the ball, hamer got sloppy as he tired and we sat way too deep. Our full backs who gave witdth in the first half suddenly went nowhere. They started getting some joy down our right and poked one in. The lift it gave them spurred them on as we looked to just sit in. Dangerous with a team like Swansea. They are weak at the back yet we decided not to go forward anymore. McFazdean is a big miss at the back marshalling the effort. Thought we would see Palmer on, instead we got Kelly to help get behind the ball. That was a mistake from Robins for me. And so it goes. Must get prepared better next week against a form side. Hopefully dabo will be back too.

sotvtoday

I get the sheep as that is their entertainment on the coach back but buying some French flags is weird.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
The Welsh people I know (not a lot but more than a few) without exception love nothing more than England losing (at anything).

alexccfc99

Been toing and fro-ing throughout the week according to Body.
Wonder what the plan is for Boddy when the takeover goes through?

My guess is he will be kept around the club in some capacity during the ‘transition of power’ but could be moved on end of the season

Terry Gibson's perm

Wonder what the plan is for Boddy when the takeover goes through?

My guess is he will be kept around the club in some capacity during the ‘transition of power’ but could be moved on end of the season

I had assumed as most comments this week came from Hornby that Boddy had been binned but can’t win them all.

Ashdown

I can’t say I’m angry, deflated a bit would be more accurate. Robins got it so right for an hour or more and so wrong for about 20 minutes. I’m a big fan of his but when we had a chance to kill that off he decided to let them sit back . Vik was left as the only outlet. Not a huge advocate of Waghorn but his experience would have maybe had a better impact than the other subs which weakened us badly.

Happy_Martian

This will fly in the faces of some on here but I'm not overly upset about this result. Yes, losing a 3 goal advantage is criminal but it's not the first time we've done it (Cov 5-4 Forest in the Littlewoods Cup ?) and certainly won't be the last. But before today, Swansea had been one of our worst bogey teams. We haven't beaten them since 1981. And since that last victory, we've had 7 draws and 7 defeats and only scored 6 goals, the best result in the last 40 years was a 1-1 draw. So I take today as a modest positive step. We've got a point (could have lost and got nothing), got through the post-World Cup wake-up period with a shaky back 3 (please say McFadz is back soon) and we're getting goals from different players.

Forum members are looking forward with concern toward West Brom, who are starting to get into form but again, we've battled those teams before as well as Fulham can testify to.

So 2 unfortunate games gone, the rest of the season to look forward to.

Tomh111

Currently working in Tokyo so stayed up till 1 am watching, called it quits at 3-0 thinking it was won and I could grab a bit more sleep.

Yeah, that wasn't true, but because I didn't see their goals I'm just going to say they didn't happen.

Otis

This will fly in the faces of some on here but I'm not overly upset about this result. Yes, losing a 3 goal advantage is criminal but it's not the first time we've done it (Cov 5-4 Forest in the Littlewoods Cup ?) and certainly won't be the last. But before today, Swansea had been one of our worst bogey teams. We haven't beaten them since 1981. And since that last victory, we've had 7 draws and 7 defeats and only scored 6 goals, the best result in the last 40 years was a 1-1 draw. So I take today as a modest positive step. We've got a point (could have lost and got nothing), got through the post-World Cup wake-up period with a shaky back 3 (please say McFadz is back soon) and we're getting goals from different players.

Forum members are looking forward with concern toward West Brom, who are starting to get into form but again, we've battled those teams before as well as Fulham can testify to.

So 2 unfortunate games gone, the rest of the season to look forward to.
Exactly. And think how Indianapolis feel tonight (one for NFL fans).

That was akin to losing after being 5 goals up at half-time. 🤪

Otis

Currently working in Tokyo so stayed up till 1 am watching, called it quits at 3-0 thinking it was won and I could grab a bit more sleep.

Yeah, that wasn't true, but because I didn't see their goals I'm just going to say they didn't happen.
I do the same about my marriage.

Happy_Martian

Exactly. And think how Indianapolis feel tonight (one for NFL fans).

That was akin to losing after being 5 goals up at half-time. 🤪

That was a comeback and a half. Pity I never saw it. Didn't realise there were any games today as it's Saturday and that's Association Football day. Sunday is pigskin day normally.

Users who are viewing this thread