Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Watford Match Thread - Monday 10th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Watford match, tactics and predictions :)

skybluepm2

Win or bust! 3 points here and it’s a decent weekend which will keep up in the mix, setting up a very winnable tie against QPR, backed by a packed away end.

I don’t think Watford are as feared as they once were, but they still have plenty of players capable of doing some serious damage, so we have to be on top form. It was a disciplined performance yesterday and I’d set up as we did for the second half, maybe unleashing Walker for Godden, and Dabo for the ineffective Norton-Cuffey. Such a blow to lose Allen (again). From where I was sitting it looked like a disgraceful challenge from behind, which amazingly went unpunished by the clown in the middle.

2-1 Sky Blues, Gyokeres and McNally. 21,808.

shepardo01

Win or bust!
I don’t think Watford are as feared as they once were, but they still have plenty of players capable of doing some serious damage, so we have to be on top form.
Absolutely.... typically for us, Monday will be the day they "click".... this will be tougher than Stoke....

no_loyalty

We need Hamer and Vik to be back on it Monday as both have been poor in the last couple of games. We could do with a good start and an early goal against these.

City 2 Watford 1

Ashdown

I’m not attending so we will probably win 🤞Watford will be dangerous though .
Can’t believe Stoke got turned over yesterday after playing so well against us 🤷‍♂️

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Have to win really. But I seem to recall I don't tend to see us play well against Watford.

With Allen out we already know MR is going to play Godden up front with Vic and that rarely works. Also can't see why Burroughs is being left out with BNC and Howley ahead of him.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Sheaf Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Gyok Walker

Moore, Panzo, Dabo, JWE, Howley, Maguire, Godden

pusbccfc

1-0 to Watford and a final nail in the coffin.

Wilson
Dabo-McNally-Fadz-Doyle-Bidwell
Sheaf-Hamer-Eccles-Howley
Vik

Does anyone know why Burroughs isn't even on the bench yesterday? I'd be starting him over either Dabo or Bidwell but can't seem to make the squad at the moment.

shmmeee

Form:

Our last 6: DLWDDW
Last 6 at home: LDWWDW

Their last 6: DLDWLD
Last 6 away: LLLDDL

Head to Head Overall: WDLLDD
At home: DDWLLW

Other relevant games:

12:30 - Huddersfield v Blackburn
3:00 - Cardiff v Sunderland
3:00 - Hull v Millwall
3:00 - Norwich v Rotherham
3:00 - Preston v Reading
3:00 - WBA v QPR

Best possible day:
We win, everyone loses.

5 Millwall P41 62 +7
6 CCFC P41 61 +7
7 Blackburn P40 61 -3
8 Norwich P41 60 +11
9 Preston P41 59 -6
10 West Brom P40 56 +5

Worst possible day:

We lose by 2+. Everyone else wins.

8 Preston P41 62 -4
9 WBA P40 59 +7
10 Sunderland P41 58 +8
11 Watford P41 58 +4
12 CCFC P41 58 +4
13 Bristol City P41 55 +1

Prediction:

Would be typical City to win this and keep hope alive, other fixtures aren’t kind but we’re at the anything can happen stage of the season as we’ve seen. Going for 2-1 City and another few days of dreaming. Vik and Walker to score.

Team:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Sheaf Eccles JWE
Gyokeres Walker

S: Moore, Panzo, Dabo, Bidwell, Howley, Maguire, Godden

Crowd: 20k

Ashdown

I do remember a 5-0 thumping of Watford back in a league cup game many moons ago. I also went to a 0-1 away win at Vicarage road back in 1984.

pusbccfc

Wow! I don't think SBT ever got this depressing and negative. Not even when we were playing in League 2 or Northampton.

My heart bleeds for them

Skybluedownunder

Wow! I don't think SBT ever got this depressing and negative. Not even when we were playing in League 2 or Northampton.

My heart bleeds for them

Jheeze and we thought we were negative at times… fuck me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

The trouble with Watford is that we know that they have the players, and if they click on a given day they can beat anyone in this league. Their defeat by Huddersfield might also result in them showing more mettle against us. Then again as a poster said earlier, they could already be packing their beachware. Let's hope its the latter :)

Covcraig@bury

Need to win . The last couple of games we have been nothing better than shocking and got away with it.
IF we make it to the playoffs ( IF ) I think we just don’t have the depth of players to make it .
3-1 WIN 🤞🤞🤞

Saddlebrains

Just had a look at the dots

Crowd looks poor. That hammering from Stoke really has made the day trippers think fuck that

Sbarcher

Looks like it’s Hamer v Hamer tomorrow.

ccfc1234

Just had a look at the dots

Crowd looks poor. That hammering from Stoke really has made the day trippers think fuck that
Shame if that's the case as we're actually nearer the playoffs than before that game! Shame it's the second category A games in a row.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Awful crowd. Most I know aren't going.

Watford should never, ever be a category A game. No one is going to look at Watford and consider it a big game.
Cos it's a bank holiday and everyone is off work.

Maybe they also (mistakenly) thought Watford are a big name at this level and would attract people.

Grendel

Cos it's a bank holiday and everyone is off work.

Maybe they also (mistakenly) thought Watford are a big name at this level and would attract people.

They are ex premier league

pusbccfc

They are ex premier league

But it's the same as Fulham and Norwich. They are ex PL but don't sell well and no pay on the gate fan will be arsed about them.

The £33 has paid off for the likes is Stoke, West Brom and Sunderland but will hit them tomorrow. Could be one of the lowest home figures of the season despite being a bank holiday and still only 3 off the PO. Watford are only bringing 1500 I believe.

Evo1883

Really? These days you can watch any game on telly.

And many of our home games have actually been on TV.

Games that are on sky usually have a lower attendance don't they ?

Can only think of sunderland being decent

pusbccfc

Games that are on sky usually have a lower attendance don't they ?

Can only think of sunderland being decent

Also £33 though. Cardiff was on sky red button (I believe), and it was our 4th highest home only crowd of around 19,400. Only slightly lower than QPR in second.

Users who are viewing this thread