Match Thread ⚽️ Rotherham United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Rotherham United vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

SkyBlueMatt

I can feel it in my bones that I think we're going to go on a bit of a run. 7 points from the last 12 against three tough teams. With Fadz back and Gyok ending his goal drought, I feel we could do well over the next couple of months.

Theres no easy games but I think we'll win Saturday, 1-0, Palmer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't change a winning team I guess, though it would be tempting to replace Allen if someone were available. Maybe give Burroughs 30mins in his place if possible

PVA

Same team I'd imagine, unless he springs a wildcard by starting Walker or something.

no_loyalty

Need the 3 points from this game to get ourselves back in the playoff mix, need to pickup our away form as it's very poor.

AOM

Think having the last few games in close succession has been good for getting some players up to speed or bedding in the new signings.

Fancy a win here, 1-3

AOM

Same team I'd imagine, unless he springs a wildcard by starting Walker or something.

Robins did mention a few weeks ago that Gyokeres hasn't really had a break as he had to feature in the Wrexham game and played friendlies over the World Cup break so I can actually see this happening soon.

Not sure how Maguire is going to get up to speed though! Maybe needs more time with the squad in training

Offhegoes

Can't seem him changing the team that started against Millwall. Only possible changes I guess are Burroughs for Norton-Cuffy or Kelly for Eccles. Neither of which I can see happening. Wouldn't mind seeing McGuire for Allen though and playing with a proper No 10.

Julie SBA

Unchanged I'd imagine, Bidwell seems to have a bit of a sulk on since Robins tried to ship him to Brum, not been great in the two games since but defensively away from home he may still be the best LWB option.
I think the LWB is the only potential change - assuming no injuries to force anything else

Brighton Sky Blue

We were quite grateful just to draw against them earlier in the season. As ever we need to be on form as when we aren’t I can’t remember us ever getting away with it.

Legia Sky Blue

Their player that really impressed me was their left wing back, Bramall. Not sure how he's progressed since that game but he looked a class above that night.

CV22SBA

I’ve only been to Rotherham once in L1 and we got beat 4.0 very weird game think we had a player sent off, gave away a pen and scored an own goal from memory. Thought they played well at the CBS at a time when we were in form. Head says draw heart says 1 nil win

SkyBlueSoul

Could be a double whammy this. Robins' 300th game in his second stint with us and if we win it'll be the 100th win I've seen live.

City record.jpg

Saddlebrains

Their player that really impressed me was their left wing back, Bramall. Not sure how he's progressed since that game but he looked a class above that night.

Tbf he was against Dabo. I think 90% of us on here would look a class above if its him we need to outpace

Paxman II

We need to go on a run now to try & get tothe playoffs. Some will faletr now & others will come on strong. Hope we are a the latter.
So need a win here.

Ashdown

It would take me hours to work out my viewing record going back to 1977. Would be even harder for some I imagine.
I think City need about another 5 wins to ensure no end of season trouble, be nice to nick this one but it will be tight.

skybluelee

Mine - P 195 W 76 D 63 L 56 F 264 A 210

Not a huge haul of games but a lot of miles covered to get to them.

Kingokings204

It would take me hours to work out my viewing record going back to 1977. Would be even harder for some I imagine.
I think City need about another 5 wins to ensure no end of season trouble, be nice to nick this one but it will be tight.

5 wins? We have 42 points. 1 win and 1 draw would be enough tbh.

Saddlebrains

Christ thats terrible maths

50 will be easily safe this year

2 wins and 2 draws from the remaining 15 games needed for that. In other words were already safe

Users who are viewing this thread