Match Thread ⚽️ Rotherham United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
There's actually a 3rd foul in there too. Their player at the back post, on the 6 yard line pushes McNally so that he's under the flight of the ball & can't challenge for the header.
Having watched it a number of times from different sources (yer, I know I'm sad), I'm convinced that's what it was disallowed for. A camera angle the other end shows Stroud pointing at the Rotherham player behind McNally. And tbf to Stroud, he's going to blow up before Hugill even heads it

1676906274767.png 1676906419626.png

Finham

They have analysed covs last 2 games before tonight. Quest was great and itv is pretty much same. Don't need to complain about every little thing in life.
What are you talking about? The vast majority of this forum (and the internet, period) is just that, isn't it?

I'm entitled to complain about something that has gone from regular weekly viewing for me to just 4-5 times all season. Yes, it is the same football as was on Quest of course, but the ITV coverage style is totally different, mainly due to the absence of Colin Murray and also the change in pundits format.

Firstly, I've always been a Murray fan, loved Fighting Talk, think he's a good guy who speaks sense in a relaxed but "not a robot" manner. He had a much more organic style and although I am not usually a fan of "banter", the stuff with the likes of Holloway and Morrison (who have barely been on this year), who he knew well and had a good chemistry with, was always good value. His replacements have no personality whatsoever and their contribution is to read the cue card as if they are falling asleep, which makes me feel the same way.

Secondly, they've moved away from usually having just 1 pundit for the Championship part of the show (and then bringing in the blogger as well for L1/L2) to 2 pundits right at the start and canning the blogger. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the blogger, he at least gave some variety/different perspective and was a break from freshly-retired players delivering what their media training has taught them. Plus he had the piss taken out of him now and again by the likes of Murray and Morrison (in shades of Angus Loughran's Statto) and it was funny 'cos he was a pompous git sometimes. Not only that but his absence means they have 2 of the boring recently-retired players on, rather than just 1, and have to talk to each of them about just every single thing as they give the same generic response to virtually everything. The most you might get is a "actually, I didn't think it was a penalty". At the end of the day, these guys are talking about L1/L2 so need to have some enthusiasm and knowledge, not be wooden and inflict their terrible media career launch on football league fans.

Don't tell me what I can't complain about!

Last edited:

covcity4life

What are you talking about? The vast majority of this forum (and the internet, period) is just that, isn't it?

I'm entitled to complain about something that has gone from regular weekly viewing for me to just 4-5 times all season. Yes, it is the same football as was on Quest of course, but the ITV coverage style is totally different, mainly due to the absence of Colin Murray and also the change in pundits format.

Firstly, I've always been a Murray fan, loved Fighting Talk, think he's a good guy who speaks sense in a relaxed but "not a robot" manner. He had a much more organic style and although I am not usually a fan of "banter", the stuff with the likes of Holloway and Morrison (who have barely been on this year), who he knew well and had a good chemistry with, was always good value. His replacements have no personality whatsoever and their contribution is to read the cue card as if they are falling asleep, which makes me feel the same way.

Secondly, they've moved away from usually having just 1 pundit for the Championship part of the show (and then bringing in the blogger as well for L1/L2) to 2 pundits right at the start and canning the blogger. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the blogger, he at least gave some variety/different perspective and was a break from freshly-retired players delivering what their media training has taught them. Plus he had the piss taken out of him now and again by the likes of Murray and Morrison (in shades of Angus Loughran's Statto) and it was funny 'cos he was a pompous git sometimes. Not only that but his absence means they have 2 of the boring recently-retired players on, rather than just 1, and have to talk to each of them about just every single thing as they give the same generic response to virtually everything. The most you might get is a "actually, I didn't think it was a penalty". At the end of the day, these guys are talking about L1/L2 so need to have some enthusiasm and knowledge, not be wooden and inflict their terrible media career launch on football league fans.

Don't tell me what I can't complain about!
Shut up.

No in all seriousness I agree with many PTS re quest Vs itv

My point was they do not ignore cov at all though

Users who are viewing this thread