Match Thread ⚽️ Sheffield United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He’s just not good enough

He is nowhere near good enough as a championship starter. Nearly 22 and started a handful of league games

He can do 5 minute cameos but he’s miles from being a championship player and would be nowhere near todays oppositions squad and I guess that’s the issue

pusbccfc

Hertsccfc

No they can play football
Waghorn was hopeless. Might have been a good player at this level in his day but seems finished. Tavares looked a considerably better player than him today. His movement off the ball was causing their defence all sorts of trouble. With O'Hare injured we lack this.

baldy

Surely not Walker?

For what it's worth, I'd not even come close to starting Taveres but off the bench I think he's a better option than what we've got primarily because of his pace and trickery. Something we have not got.

Walker is actually better than Tavares though - Why on earth do people think Tavares is so good? There‘s a reason Robins doesn’t play him ffs

alexccfc99

Almost like MR watches FabTav in training every day of his working life and based on that decides he’s not worth utilising

pusbccfc

Walker is actually better than Tavares though - Why on earth do people think Tavares is so good? There‘s a reason Robins doesn’t play him ffs

Walker has done nothing in 18 months.

I don't actually think people think Taveres is 'good' but most agree he should be an option from the bench. We've been throwing on the likes of Walker and Waghorn off the bench for 2 seasons now and both have done literally nothing. Taveres has the one thing no one else has and that's pace. That's why there is a want for him to come off the bench.

ccfc1234

If you had to get rid of one, surely it would be Walker. Tav will be on peanuts.
There is a lot of debate about the forward line but after 3 goals let in today I would be tempted to drop Wilson. He has conceded 7 in 4 games and while some were far from his fault I still feel Moore with a degree of confidence is the better keeper of the two.

shmmeee

There is a lot of debate about the forward line but after 3 goals let in today I would be tempted to drop Wilson. He has conceded 7 in 4 games and while some were far from his fault I still feel Moore with a degree of confidence is the better keeper of the two.

Wilson puts us under so much pressure with his kicking. He gives the ball away every 7 minutes on average.

skyblue025

When a player heads the ball in from inside the 6 yard box from a cross 30m away I always wonder why the keeper hasn't come and at least punched the ball. So hard for defender who has had to turn and run back towards the goal to get too the ball ahead of the attacker and direct it away to safety. Still no excuse for the terrible marking but the keeper has to make those his own.

Users who are viewing this thread