Match Thread ⚽️ Swansea City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 7th Apr (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I’m in the bottom left corner of that right next to the steward you can see. The two seats worth of seg netting was put in place about halfway through first half but before that it was just the one steward, a rail and 3 feet of space separating fans.

You should be able to get away with that, but dickheads are dickheads and have to kick off for absolutely no reason.

Sorry guys, but it’s never gonna happen at the CBS.

It will if the demand was there.

Macca

Even if we’re still only a few points off the playoffs? Good luck explaining that strategy to him!

Lose on Monday and the last six results don’t look anything like play off form. Would pretty much need to win every game. Still I guess we are in a position to risk a 15 million quid asset who is already protecting himself in his play anyway

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I often think when there’s trouble at the football they should play Sweet Caroline over the speakers and everyone would forget about fighting.
But eventually it'd become conditioned to associate the song with aggro, and instead it'd all kick off the second the song started

CV22SBA

That is not true at all. Hence why the Cov fan who tried acting the big man didn't get very far.

Would you rather we had 300 fewer tickets?

Would you prefer the Ricoh to be limited at 30,000 instead of 33,000?
Would you rather we had 300 fewer tickets? Nope, a lot more stewards are required.

Would you prefer the Ricoh to be limited at 30,000 instead of 33,000? Irrelevant when we only average 20K

SBT

Lose on Monday and the last six results don’t look anything like play off form. Would pretty much need to win every game. Still I guess we are in a position to risk a 15 million quid asset who is already protecting himself in his play anyway
“Sorry Viktor, we know you could still win promotion and the Golden Boot, but we need to keep you fresh for Plymouth away next season, I’m sure you’ll underst…..wait, Viktor, where are you going?”

clint van damme

Over the last 6 matches we're above everyone around using the form table apart from Preston, they seem to be the only team with a bit of momentum.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I often think when there’s trouble at the football they should play Sweet Caroline over the speakers and everyone would forget about fighting.

I saw a documentary about an undercover police operation, where officers were placed into Millwall's firm - from the 80s I think. Some Crystal Palace fan was getting beaten to a pulp on the train so one of the undercover guys jumped on a seat and started signing 'we are Millwall'.

The fighting stopped, so you may be onto something!

shmmeee

In Derren Browns book he talks about “pattern interrupt” which is breaking someone’s expectations which puts them on the back foot. The example he uses is when he was started on and started singing IIRC and they just got confused and wandered off.

We may be onto something.

Sky Blue Pete

Just bizarre level of lack of understanding of elite sport

Astute

Beat Watford (which I think will be hard) and we'll probably see the optimism return. I never thought we would make it but given that we also have to play Blackburn, stranger things have happened.
Watford got their keeper sent off after two yellow cards in a minute yesterday.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tbf I largely agree with him. My seat was right next to the home fans and it was incredibly uncomfortable. No one should attend a football game and fear for their safety. After about 15 minutes I asked the steward to move me and thankfully she helped me to another seat.

After the game, a brawl erupted between I would say 10 fans from either side. I managed to get amongst them and tell them all to treat people with kindness. Once they’d heard they all stopped and shook hands. It’s amazing what a cool head can do.

You should get a job as a Negotiator for the Red Cross ❌ or the United Nations. 🤕

SBT

Even if you bench Gyokeres just to protect him from being injured before a sale - it doesn’t exactly scream “strong negotiating position” to any potential buyers, does it?

Blind-Faith

Been to Swansea 4 times now and they've always been loud. A smaller version of our corner. Rest of the ground don't make an effort though.

An awful lot of families and older people in the right of the away end yesterday, killed the atmosphere. Total opposite to the boisterous end at Blackpool.

Oh if only it was coked up pissed up dickheads in the whole of the away end it would be a much better day out wouldnt it? 🤦🏻‍♂️

clint van damme

Oh if only it was coked up pissed up dickheads in the whole of the away end it would be a much better day out wouldnt it? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Been to Swansea 4 times now and they've always been loud. A smaller version of our corner. Rest of the ground don't make an effort though.

An awful lot of families and older people in the right of the away end yesterday, killed the atmosphere. Total opposite to the boisterous end at Blackpool.

You're both making a sweeping generalisation that families and older people aren't coked up and full of drink.
We don't need those prejudiced attitudes on here fellas.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete our fans are resting their entire hopes for next season on Vik sale money. Imagine losing that by risking him in dead rubbers.
It wasn’t that I was frustrated about. I think he’s just exhausted. I can also see him playing for us if there isn’t a huge bid

Macca

It wasn’t that I was frustrated about. I think he’s just exhausted. I can also see him playing for us if there isn’t a huge bid

He would be nuts to stay here. He needs to use this ridiculous game, sign a 3 year contract at 40k a week. Football is a fickle game. Stays another season with us goes of the boil a bit and he is yesterdays man and missed a chance to set himself up for life

Users who are viewing this thread