Match Thread ⚽️ Watford vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Nov (1 Viewer)

procdoc

It’s beyond criminal that he has to work under such ridiculous constraints. For heaven’s sake someone give him the financial support to do something special.
When you think about the last 5 years or so it’s actually unbelievable the job he’s done. Barely a pot to piss in, home games in Birmingham, the pitch issues at start of this season. The list of adversity is probably longer than what I’ve pointed out already.
He’s also brought the club and the fans closer together, created an identity and has constantly evolved tactically. Won the JPT, league 2 playoffs, league 1 title, kept us up comfortably that first season when we were one of the favourites to go down.

Just an unreal manager for us

Brighton Sky Blue

When you think about the last 5 years or so it’s actually unbelievable the job he’s done. Barely a pot to piss in, home games in Birmingham, the pitch issues at start of this season. The list of adversity is probably longer than what I’ve pointed out already.
He’s also brought the club and the fans closer together, created an identity and has constantly evolved tactically. Won the JPT, league 2 playoffs, league 1 title, kept us up comfortably that first season when we were one of the favourites to go down.

Just an unreal manager for us

We just desperately need an owner who gives the slightest fuck about on pitch performance.

Hobo

Great performance, great result, cracking save by Wilson at the death.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Fantastic result! Two wins against very decent sides at this level. Suddenly our season is looking a lot better than it was, and we're looking nothing like as bad as what the table made us out to be.

Who needs games in hand 😜

Covcraig@bury

What a team/management. This is something special we have . Not since HR have I felt so connected to the this club . Whatever happens with potential buyers whoever they are , please take note , your nothing without the best supporting fans ever to exist. #PUSB . nothing to fear onwards and upwards.

steveo1987

Just got home, a beautiful away performance. Not a smash and grab by any stretch, immense at the back, like gladiators with the corners raining on them. Eccles much improved and Burroughs was excellent. Fought like crazy for that win, super credit to the boys and the manager and coaches. And a decent pub pre match, the two trees micro pub was great.

Sky Blue Pete

What a team/management. This is something special we have . Not since HR have I felt so connected to the this club . Whatever happens with potential buyers whoever they are , please take note , your nothing without the best supporting fans ever to exist. #PUSB . nothing to fear onwards and upwards.
not sure either give a shit if I’m honest it’s not about the football it’s about money ffs

Bugsy

not sure either give a shit if I’m honest it’s not about the football it’s about money ffs

surely the powers that be would know that the better performance on a team and the higher we go in the league we will create more money, I'm not the sharpest tool but even I know that.

Covstar

It will be a sad day for the club if/when MR and his team leave the club. The man has performed miracles with the money and squad at his disposal these last few years.

We should all be grateful for these years with MR because he has let me forget the dross we had with Ian Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Andy Thorn, Steven Pressley, Tony Mowbray and Russel Slade who 'managed' before him!

David O'Day

Lovely result, far more than I expected.

Time to paint the town red (until I feel really tired about 11)

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Fantastic day. So impressed with how well drilled we were today. All their possession counted for nothing. SBA were superb as always.

Gint11

Exactly that. Possession is nothing without nothing. Both Blackburn and Watford outweighed on possession but we had more shots on target than both.

robbiethemole

How good does that feel?? one Watford player, Ismaela Sarr, is valued at £40m, more than all our team I would think and although he gave Eccles a good test today his crossing was awful, tbh I wouldn't trust the bloke to cross the road. They were a group of expensive player with a 'we only need to turn up' attitude whereas we are a very well organised and drilled team, with a bit of flair thrown in.
We are now showing we're not 'struggling little Coventry', but an established, experienced Champ team who know how to grind wins,and just getting to where we should have been if the season had started properly.

ccfc922

As much as we looked good for our win, we definitely could have won by 2 or 3 goals today. I know they missed sitters, but we could have won say 5-2.

On paper though, we were on for a loss today so g'wan lads 👌⚽️💙🍻

alexccfc99

It will be a sad day for the club if/when MR and his team leave the club. The man has performed miracles with the money and squad at his disposal these last few years.

We should all be grateful for these years with MR because he has let me forget the dross we had with Ian Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Andy Thorn, Steven Pressley, Tony Mowbray and Russel Slade who 'managed' before him!

There’s no if about it! No manager stays at a club forever the day will come one day

let’s hope that day isn’t for a long long time yet

Robinshio

I think Bidwell was on 4 yellows and the cut off is this weekend. I kind of understand that. O’Hare I’m guessing still isn’t completely up to speed. Not sure. Either way, it worked!
Wrong the cut off is 19 games. We have only played 17

Users who are viewing this thread