Match Thread ⚽️ Wigan Athletic vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Mar (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Wigan Athletic vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

no_loyalty

We desperately need to win these next two games to keep us in with a chance of the playoffs, so hopefully Robins plays a full strength side.

Wigan 0 City 2

Otis

So you want an official statement saying that he isnt injured? Wierd
No. Quite the opposite. The notion it was a tactical change. Has Robins said so?

My thought when it happened was that he was either carrying a knock or lacking in full match fitness. Just seemed an odd substitution, as he is so important to us.

Not weird at all. Not to me anyway. 🤪

Reactions: vow

fatso

Possibly put Sheaf in for Eccles and Maguire for Howley.
I think we need the extra experience and the fresh legs for 2 tough away games.

I'm just hoping Vik and Hamer dont pick up injuries with the heavy workload.

Otis

With the Fadz sub we obviously wanted to change shape, otherwise Rose would have come on. So with another game in a few days it made sense to bring off the 35 year old and save his legs.
Okay. I wasn't there. Only heard about it on here and was following SPN.

Just seemed an odd choice to take off, as he is so pivotal to us isn't he.

Legia Sky Blue

Okay. I wasn't there. Only heard about it on here and was following SPN.

Just seemed an odd choice to take off, as he is so pivotal to us isn't he.

He is pivotal ordinarily, but needs must and MR clearly isn't comfortable playing Fadz in a back 4. He substituted him a couple of times earlier in the season too, so we could go to a back 4 formation.

Would still expect him to be starting on Tuesday.

no_loyalty

Confident we will beat Wigan comfortably. Not so confident about Blackpool, think we will draw.
Blackpool are unbeaten at home under McCarthy, so won’t be an easy game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What's the news on McFazdean? Could definitely do with him in there for Tuesday

As per usual, the interviewer Martin Winch bid not ask the question, re McFazdean being injury 🤕 or not.

Sky Blue Harry H

Blackpool's Gary Madine went off with leg in a brace or some such at the week-end, so he'll be missing against us too. Hopefully QPR crock one or two more of their players on Tuesday (in the spirit of fair competition)!

Users who are viewing this thread