Match Thread ⚽️ Wigan Athletic vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Mar (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

What a shit drive home after the game. Got in at 1.50 this morning.
As for the game, missed chances again cost us the points.
i thought the ht subs made a big difference.
BNC gave us some drive and width and sheaf offered more control in the middle.
Pitch was awful. It looked like players were struggling with it.
Like others have said it was crying out for Walker for the last 10-15 minutes.

Yeah, missed chances, terrible decision making, wayward passes. Freezing cold and, like you say, the journey back was a nightmare. We got in at 2am.

Last edited:

napolimp

Well even though I was convinced we wouldn't get to the play offs that result still stings the morning after.
Never say never but I think that's our chances done now.
Still been a decent season all things considered.

I'm not convinced.

Everyone has been talking about the Wigan and Blackpool match, but they're always going to be tough games based on the circumstances, conditions, pitch, etc.

I think it's the home matches where they need to be aiming for a full return of 12 points. They are all in April too where some key players should be returning. Anything more than a point away from home would be a bonus, with a better chance of nicking 3 against someone like QPR.

Esoterica

Maybe it was part of me not daring to dream but I’ve thought for a few weeks now it’s going to end up with a Micky Adam’s style 8th place finish without ever actually seriously challenging the play off spots. Which given the context of the season is a fantastic result, but that said … aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh!

CovBrummie94

I don’t think the squad is to small but the amount of players that are good enough within is.

We have these dead legs like Cashman,Rus and various others who are never going to play and are pointless.
Those are U23s players that wouldn't even be considered part of the squad. They do a job for the U23s.

Reactions: PVA

Terry Gibson's perm

Those are U23s players that wouldn't even be considered part of the squad. They do a job for the U23s.

They cost the club money and are available for the first team so they are in the squad the problem is they are not good enough.

Players like cashman and that type of signing should be offered a year contract with an option for the club of two more so they can be quickly assessed and disposed of when not good enough.

NortonSkyBlue

For all the “We should hammer Wigan” posters they had some tidy players and you could see a pattern to their play which is usually absent from teams at the bottom. The conditions were horrid and we allowed them to get quite a bit of the second ball in the first half and our passing was weak. Was this the conditions playing a part or poor play on our part?
Once Sheaf came on we gained control of the midfield. Hamer reverted to his petulant manner and didn’t help himself at all In my humble opinion.
Too many players running on fumes and a few under performed.
Yes the M6 makes a two hour journey into a four hour crawl in the wee small hours but credit to the fans that travelled and got behind the team.

Users who are viewing this thread