2 new signings - Marvin Sordell - Kwame Thomas (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Laura Hunter though, isn't it:? Tut, tut...

Nick

Administrator
A bit strange, has that snuck out.

Marvin Sordell??? Has anybody ever seen him play well.

Never seen Thomas play so can't comment.

Nick

Administrator
I can remember Sordell was the next big thing.

Didn't do too well last season, but maybe with a different squad he can do better with us! (I hope).

Thomas will be interesting to see, anybody know a Blackpool fan?

ConnorDevine

Just to save you googling, here's some wikipedia facts:

Kwame Thomas is a 20 y/o striker from derby youth academy, been out on loan to notts county and blackpool. Career club total, Played 26 scored 0
Interestingly plays for england u20s and has scored 2 in 9

Sordell scored 4 in 21 for Colchester last year, but in all fairness they did go 19 matches without a win and lost 9 on the trot at one point.

Nick

Administrator
CmRB46uVYAIDwgZ.jpg

He is only 20, so I wonder if he is going to be eased in gently? Plenty of games for Blackpool already.

2 year contract also.

Nick

Administrator
He was at sea for large periods of his time plying his trade at the highest level with Bolton and Burnley and has also, in the past, hit the headlines for non-footballing reasons – one ex-manager stated the striker has an unhealthy ‘obsession’ with social media.

Still only 25, I thought he was much older!

Orca

If either of those turns out to be a 20 goal a season man, I'll take my hat off to MV and TM.

AFCCOVENTRY

Sordell moved for £3m at one point in his career. Looks like he has come here to rebuild his career. Could be a very decent signing at this level.

Covbaker96

None of these two look prolific goal scorers but i believe TM will get them both firing especially Sordell who still has plenty of potential and is only 25! with the right style of play and players around them both these signings could do very well

Nick

Administrator
Decent finish here from Thomas

Goal here too (tap in)

Looks quite big though, bigger than Connor Sammon.

skybluepm2

Nice to get the signings underway. Permanent too, always a bonus (unless they're shite of course) :) Keep them comin' Mogga. Defence and attack still need pepping up, midfield not so much.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

The Sordell signing sort of reminds me of Frank Nouble. Early promise at biggish clubs leading to unfulfilled potential, not enough goals and a questionable attitude inevitably meaning a move to the 3rd tier to rebuild their career. Obviously not a like-for-like comparison but a few similarities.

Difference here is I think, and hope, Mowbray will get more out of Sordell than Pressley did out of Nouble.

ajsccfc

I'm not going to focus too much on their stats. Of all the signings we've had who've ended up quite prolific for us the only one who had a track record that I can recall is Leon Clarke. Marlon King too, but special circumstances there and all that.

AFCCOVENTRY

Thomas looks like he needs more development but he is an England u20 player so must have decent potential. Let's see if he makes it

covcity4life

sordell was quite well known few years ago, hopefully we can help him recapture his magic

not sure about other kid but pace and power is always welcome

officialy excited for new season again!

lets get some defenders in now and maybe pacy winger

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Sordell appears to fit the Mowbray mould of being a decent man too -

"While en route to Belgrade for an England under-21 match in October 2012, Sordell downloaded an e-book to read on the journey, titled Trafficked, by Sophie Hayes. The book was about a young British woman who was forced to work in the sex trade in Italy against her will. Engrossed by the book, Sordell took to Twitter to recommend the book with his followers, and before long, the author got in touch with Sordell to arrange a fund-raising event. Together with his sister Nicole's help, he set up a gala dinner, and established the Marvin Sordell Foundation. The Foundation helped raise money for charities fighting trafficking, and the first event in March 2013 earned more than £10,000 with 150 people in attendance at London's May Fair hotel.[91]"

Nick

Administrator
Sordell appears to fit the Mowbray mould of being a decent man too -

"While en route to Belgrade for an England under-21 match in October 2012, Sordell downloaded an e-book to read on the journey, titled Trafficked, by Sophie Hayes. The book was about a young British woman who was forced to work in the sex trade in Italy against her will. Engrossed by the book, Sordell took to Twitter to recommend the book with his followers, and before long, the author got in touch with Sordell to arrange a fund-raising event. Together with his sister Nicole's help, he set up a gala dinner, and established the Marvin Sordell Foundation. The Foundation helped raise money for charities fighting trafficking, and the first event in March 2013 earned more than £10,000 with 150 people in attendance at London's May Fair hotel.[91]"

I remember that now, also remember reading that book. Madness!

Nick

Administrator
Sordell apparently posted an image saying on his way to work, on Holyhead Rd in his Maserati. (unless it's a different Holyhead Rd)

Users who are viewing this thread