21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (7 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Rather pop a bid in for Josh Windass personally.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Windlass was the player I had in mind before the thread started. Fits our model (which we seem determined to stick to). Clubs prey on those in weaker positions.
Sounds a bit harsh, but that’s what professional football is. We’ve normally been the “victim” in these cases. Would be nice to be a benefactor. Aloisi, Kelly and Westwood spring to minds.
The cream of the relegated clubs at the moment for me would be Bannan and Windass.
Windass would command a compo fee at least though. My guess is around £300k. Salary of 10k p/w allegedly as well. Not convinced....
[/QUOTE]
If definitely be in for Windass, he’s a good player

andrew.roberts

The Rotherham keeper wouldn't be a bad shout if they go down. Still only twenty one I think and has been nothing short of brilliant in the few games I've seen him play.
Bannan would be a decent addition too

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

That Mehmeti from Wycombe looks a raw but talented player at this level (sorry to use the cliche) and is only 20, shouldnt cost too much and would surely want to join a championship club like us

no_loyalty

If we want a cheap LWB Luke Leahy is available on a free, usually chips in with a fair few goals.

Brighton Sky Blue

Depends who comes up, not likely it’s three teams with budgets the size of Rotherham and Wycombe will.

Hull will spend more, Peterborough will at least match it and if say Sunderland joined them they would definitely be able to outspend us. We could really do with Derby going down, they surely won't be as bad next season.

Evo1883

I think really it's hard to predict though as we need to see who goes and who comes in

shmmeee

Hull will spend more, Peterborough will at least match it and if say Sunderland joined them they would definitely be able to outspend us. We could really do with Derby going down, they surely won't be as bad next season.

I hope it’s just Robins talking down our budget. We need to at least add the same amount of quality we did last season. We can’t afford to stand still as a squad for three or four years while Boddy pays back the COVID debt. Which apparently is special and unlike all the other debt we’ve been racking up.

no_loyalty

It would also be better if Sunderland remained in league one for another season.

Evo1883

I hope it’s just Robins talking down our budget. We need to at least add the same amount of quality we did last season. We can’t afford to stand still as a squad for three or four years while Boddy pays back the COVID debt.

Mind you they said similar things last year and then signed hamer for 1.5 ..

I think it will still be a case of trying to be shrewd , but there's alot of quality out there that is cheap, we just need to find it

I'm also assuming Robins already has his targets

Also other clubs will further cut their budgets to offset their losses

shmmeee

Mind you they said similar things last year and then signed hamer for 1.5 ..

I think it will still be a case of trying to be shrewd , but there's alot of quality out there that is cheap, we just need to find it

I'm also assuming Robins already has his targets

If wage expectations come down then maybe we can do it. And like you say we say it every year and improve the squad, so not too worried. Just concerned that those closest to the owners on here are pushing the “running costs” line pretty hard. A competitive squad is a running cost.

Evo1883

If wage expectations come down then maybe we can do it. And like you say we say it every year and improve the squad, so not too worried. Just concerned that those closest to the owners on here are pushing the “running costs” line pretty hard. A competitive squad is a running cost.

They may also be saying what they are with the assumption of 8000 fans only all season , as they can't guarantee more at this moment in time .

Maybe part of the budgets based on 8000

We all know this club won't take a risk

larry_david

Don't take budget talk now as anything other than random chat. Who fucking knows what our budget will be. We're only just mathematically safe. We've got numerous players that will be released or sold and he said our budget was bottom 3 before bringing in people like 20k a week James.

Fat boi evens once said we blew them out the water when signing mcnulty, the same season MR consistently said we didn't have a pot to piss in.

I'd rather we didn't talk about budgets and just fucking got on with it. It's like a really shit game of poker

Grendel

No one really knows the landscape for next season. There will be clubs with huge losses to cover, uncertainty over revenue forecasts for next season and probably a fall in wage demands and transfer values.

lord_garrincha

Apparently, just after this video stopped... Robins walked in, smashed up the sound system & said the above verbatim.

Gotta keep the morale up!

Grendel

The squad change around could be the biggest since the early 80’s

it’s likely the following will go or try be be moved on

Marosi
Bakayoko
Allen
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hillsner
Shipley

It’s also very possible that other out of contracts will be released

Kelly
McFazdean
Biamou

Of the loans realistically these will go

Mccallum (can’t see Norwich loaning to us again)
Ostigard
Gyorkes

Im sure we will try and recruit James but his agent will try and get him a deal elsewhere on better terms

There are rumours that Hamer is unsettled and may go back

A huge amount could go and have to be replaced

SlowerThanPlatt

The squad change around could be the biggest since the early 80’s

it’s likely the following will go or try be be moved on

Marosi
Bakayoko
Allen
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hillsner
Shipley

It’s also very possible that other out of contracts will be released

Kelly
McFazdean
Biamou

Of the loans realistically these will go

Mccallum (can’t see Norwich loaning to us again)
Ostigard
Gyorkes

Im sure we will try and recruit James but his agent will try and get him a deal elsewhere on better terms

There are rumours that Hamer is unsettled and may go back

A huge amount could go and have to be replaced

Kastaneer failed a trial and now can’t get even get into the Hearts squad. I think we’re stuck with him for another year unless we pay his contract up

Grendel

Kastaneer failed a trial and now can’t get even get into the Hearts squad. I think we’re stuck with him for another year unless we pay his contract up

We will probably offer 70% up front or whatever to shift on - we can’t have players like him Jobello and Hillsner in a squad when they will never ever play

Users who are viewing this thread