21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

May 13, 2011
The squad change around could be the biggest since the early 80’s

it’s likely the following will go or try be be moved on

Marosi
Bakayoko
Allen
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hillsner
Shipley

It’s also very possible that other out of contracts will be released

Kelly
McFazdean
Biamou

Of the loans realistically these will go

Mccallum (can’t see Norwich loaning to us again)
Ostigard
Gyorkes

Im sure we will try and recruit James but his agent will try and get him a deal elsewhere on better terms

There are rumours that Hamer is unsettled and may go back

A huge amount could go and have to be replaced
Where have you seen the rumours about hamer

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Well depends if other owners are ok to pour £50m down the sink again and again each year or will they have to cut more when we’ve kept our budget the same

I'm pretty confident they will, and the return of fans will facilitate that.

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Where have you seen the rumours about hamer

There was talk of his partner being homesick/unsettled (probably understandable due to lockdown). Now that the sun is shining and the world is opening up, hopefully she will be feeling happier. One thing I do know, is that Hamer will be happy to get away from that bouncy pitch at Blues!

Legia Sky Blue

Nov 12, 2017
I don't think he's a bad shout either tbf.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is the Luke Leahy who has been a mainstay of this years relegated Bristol Rovers team, having previously been a mainstay of relegated Walsall's team?

To save time I thought I would just list any Cov born player, as I think we can expect similar posts through the Summer.

A quick google search comes up with the following:
Jamie Paterson, James Collins, Marcus Harness, Jordan Willis, Daniel Crowley, Jordan Graham, Cyrus Christie, Josh Ginnelly, Jordan Clarke, Alfie Bates, Conor Thomas, and of course James Maddison and Callum Wilson.

How many of those would you like us to sign?

Reactions: Skybluefaz

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
This is the Luke Leahy who has been a mainstay of this years relegated Bristol Rovers team, having previously been a mainstay of relegated Walsall's team?

To save time I thought I would just list any Cov born player, as I think we can expect similar posts through the Summer.

Jamie Paterson, James Collins, Marcus Harness, Jordan Willis, Daniel Crowley, Jordan Graham, Cyrus Christie, Josh Ginnelly, Jordan Clarke, Alfie Bates, Conor Thomas, and of course James Maddison and Callum Wilson.

Take the last two.......

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015

Would definitely take the first three on that list, I think the last two might be a little unrealistic.

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018

Yes, I mean I've never named a single Coventry born player in any previous suggestions, I just happen to agree with this lad that based on what I've seen of Leahy personally, he's always looked good.
Weird that would wind you up so much.

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
We will probably offer 70% up front or whatever to shift on - we can’t have players like him Jobello and Hillsner in a squad when they will never ever play
Agree G, we need to pay them off.

larry_david

May 7, 2011
Wouldn't care if Hamer left. When we've needed him this season he was either being subbed off because he'd lost his head or MR kept him on the bench.

Reactions: Ann Proctor-Brown

Legia Sky Blue

Nov 12, 2017
Yes, I mean I've never named a single Coventry born player in any previous suggestions, I just happen to agree with this lad that based on what I've seen of Leahy personally, he's always looked good.
Weird that would wind you up so much.

I know I replied to your comment but it wasn't you I was specifically digging at. There seems a knee jerk thing amongst many of our supporters to want to re-sign ex players, or sign Cov born players - it happens every transfer window.

In respect of Leahy while I acknowledge he has a decent left foot, whenever I have seen him he seems very slow and easily caught out of position. He has now played in 2 sides relegated from League 1 though, and I don't think anyone from on here would give him a second thought if he had been born anywhere else.

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
I know I replied to your comment but it wasn't you I was specifically digging at. There seems a knee jerk thing amongst many of our supporters to want to re-sign ex players, or sign Cov born players - it happens every transfer window.

In respect of Leahy while I acknowledge he has a decent left foot, whenever I have seen him he seems very slow and easily caught out of position. He has now played in 2 sides relegated from League 1 though, and I don't think anyone from on here would give him a second thought if he had been born anywhere else.
I agree, I've called them out and said I wish they'd be a bit more inventive on a few occasions. I also agree that perhaps there's a reason Leahy hasn't gone above that level so far. Just that he's looked alright to me and I'm a sucker for goal scoring defenders.
No hard feelings.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Mason doesn't play.

If he can’t even get in the St Miren match day squad what does that tell you, unless he is injured?

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
Okay then. On the basis that he was a git in school, leave Luke Leahy be in League Two.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Okay then. On the basis that he was a git in school, leave Luke Leahy be in League Two.

I only suggested Leahy as a cheap backup option as he is available on a free and scores a fair few goals . I know he has been relegated to league two twice, but Kelly was relegated to non league with Leyton Orient.

junglej13

Mar 23, 2011
In terms of Hamer not settling I'm pretty sure any human being starting a new job in the last 12 months has probably struggled let alone if you were moving to a different country. When he joined he sounded very driven that he wanted to perform in England. I would expect that hasn't changed.

DannyThomas_1981

Jun 28, 2017
Wouldn't care if Hamer left. When we've needed him this season he was either being subbed off because he'd lost his head or MR kept him on the bench.

When Ann Proctor Brown is the only one to like your post Larry.....you're on thin ice!

To your points; Hamer was hot headed for the first 5-10 games but he worked on that and I haven't seen him carded for months. He was our best player over the winter and very influential but was over played and then suffered from tiredness. We didn't have enough quality in the squad to rotate this season.

Hamer is a real talent and I'd be really disappointed if he left - would actually like to see him in more advanced role next season.

larry_david

May 7, 2011
When Ann Proctor Brown is the only one to like your post Larry.....you're on thin ice!

To your points; Hamer was hot headed for the first 5-10 games but he worked on that and I haven't seen him carded for months. He was our best player over the winter and very influential but was over played and then suffered from tiredness. We didn't have enough quality in the squad to rotate this season.

Hamer is a real talent and I'd be really disappointed if he left - would actually like to see him in more advanced role next season.
Honestly I don't care for Hamer. Sorry

TM8792

Dec 7, 2020
I really hope we don't get McCallum back, although he has absolute zero chance of getting any game time in the Premier League so it will probably happen. Don't get me wrong, he's played well recently (most of the team have), but it's just glossing over the fact he's extremely average at best for most of the season.

rexo87

May 2, 2014
McCann played last night for United’s 23s and created the first two goals in a 4-2 win over Chelsea. Dujon Sterling was also playing.

If he leaves United he’ll probably go abroad. Only slight chance we may have is that the current 23s coach coached him at U15/U16

Very talented player

He looks a bit good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Mar 19, 2018
Southam
Westwood probably my favourite ever city player, being a burge-esque keeper myself. Would love to have him back! Don’t think it will happen though 😭

Users who are viewing this thread