21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

CDK

If as reported 20 grand a week 3 year deal to good to turn down only goes pear shape if Pearson fails and is sacked.

Marty

Would have been a great signing but there's no way we can justify paying that much for him. Players and staff in the championship didn't have a summer break last year so I can imagine some are just having a break from everything for a while.

Jamesimus

Liked James, thought he was a good player for us and didn't "flatter to deceive".

That being said, glad we didn't try to match or get near the reported wages as the club clearly consider it too much of a risk given his injury record.

slowpoke

The market has changed there are players looking for clubs all over the place and I suspect there are other options now that’s not saying I wouldn’t have wanted James I would not sure what’s been offered but it sounds serious money and for three years, too much and contract for player his age too long

higgs

Pointless breaking the bank on a guy with a history of serious injuries. He did a good job while here but not massively disappointed to be honest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Club have known a while that he was going to Bristol. Plan B / C will already be well down the line I'm sure.

Seems like Plan B has played his way into a Prem loan move.

You don’t have to give anything away, but do you honestly get the feeling this summer is going as well as the last 3/4?

Our situation was decided earlier than 2 out of the last 3 close seasons yet we seem to be further behind the curve and the players were being linked to don’t seem to either follow the model or be particularly good.

Genuinely worried.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You don’t have to give anything away, but do you honestly get the feeling this summer is going as well as the last 3/4?

Our situation was decided earlier than 2 out of the last 3 close seasons yet we seem to be further behind the curve and the players were being linked to don’t seem to either follow the model or be particularly good.

Genuinely worried.

Little point in being genuinely worried at this point of the season. Transfer windows are horribly competitive and convoluted at the best of times, let alone this summer's.

If we start bringing in dross then there's grounds to worry.

slowpoke

Robins has improved the squad every year and we have improved our league positions every year there’s still over 6 weeks to go to the big kick-off big ffs! I see no reason why that won’t happen again. Question is was Matty James ever option 1 lots of players available more than normal and very few players on the move yet, players and officials probably still on holiday or just coming back too. Plenty of time yet.

mr_monkey

Genuinely worried.

Is there anyone who has signed for another championship team this summer that we are sad not to have, I genuinely cant think of any that would walk into our first team (apart from James of course but at 20k for 3 years I can see why we didn't try and match that)

shmmeee

Is there anyone who has signed for another championship team this summer that we are sad not to have, I genuinely cant think of any that would walk into our first team (apart from James of course but at 20k for 3 years I can see why we didn't try and match that)

Well that’s my worry. That we’re competing with other Championship teams. Because we’ll always lose there. Normally we’ve done out research and have players in early. Now we seem to be losing out to other clubs and all the half rumours coming through are pretty poor or Billy fucking Gilmore.

If next week rolls around and our big signing is Ben Sheaf I’m going from concerned to downright perturbed.

Ccfcisparks

Reece James, Matty James, Collins, Turton, Rhodes, Ruffels, Cannon, Moncur, Lansbury, Burke, Jerome, Campbell, Lumley, Izzy Brown, Liam Lindsay, Dozzell, Austin

Other than that couldn't name any.

cooperskyblue

Reece James, Matty James, Collins, Turton, Rhodes, Ruffels, Cannon, Moncur, Lansbury, Burke, Jerome, Campbell, Lumley, Izzy Brown, Liam Lindsay, Dozzell, Austin

Really?

I'm genuinely not jealous or sad about any of them apart from James going to Bristol today.

I would have been underwhelmed with the vast majority of those had we signed them. Couldn't have been much competition for those players to commit to Blackpool, Hull, Huddersfield etc so early.

While the rest of our targets (some I'm sure we don't know about) are still available then I'm confident We will strengthen our squad.

David O'Day

Josh Ruffels? I saw him play for City away at Palce and he was shit

Users who are viewing this thread