23/24 Season Tickets (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

I would agree if we’d seen a real correlation between ST sales and investment in the squad, but that hasn’t happened has it? Certainly not this year.

Season ticket revenue alone isn’t going to move the needle in this division. Make every season ticket holder pay £75 extra (many won’t) and that gets you less than a million quid - a couple of small/nominal fees, according to some. King is going to have to throw his own money about whatever happens - why pretend that it’s actually incumbent on us?

It hasn't happened, but hopefully that will change.

I agree with your previous post that cheap tickets have had some benefits, which was probably a welcome side affect of sisu having to keep them cheap due to all the off field carry on.

And yes, the extra income won't make a massive difference,but hopefully combined with the club maximising other commercial opportunities in other areas it might be enough for 2 or 3 quality additions that ensure we don't have to name two keepers on the subs bench again.

Reactions: SBT

Ashdown

Know what? We must be the only club other than Bradford that in real terms have reduced prices by 40% in the last 15 years despite being in the same league with arguably a better product

Its an utterly absurd mindset and needs to stop

I couldn’t care less myself about the parking as it’s just an irritant. Frankly if the season ticket doubled I wouldn’t blink

it’s not the point though - if you carry out some research across customer base and in fact the Arena events as a whole - parking is hugely criticised. So a package gives supporters assurance of a decent place to park (which a lot of people want) and a season ticket will eliminate for many a primary objection.

Whatever kings limitations or not he will look at this as a business I’m pretty sure. So season tickets will not be cheap compared to competitors - competitive but not cheap and I personally think it’s fair.

If he could work with the FG it’s pretty obvious that he could create a package so people could travel to matches together in a vehicle and eliminate the negative reviews the stadium gets regarding travel and location.
One thing for sure though is you can’t increase match day tickets by the same proportions. The gap between a ST holder and category A ticket for fans who can’t justify an ST this season is something like £18…….£33 against £15
I don’t remember the gap being that high when I had my STs for 22 years

SBT

It hasn't happened, but hopefully that will change.

I agree with your previous post that cheap tickets have had some benefits, which was probably a welcome side affect of sisu having to keep them cheap due to all the off field carry on.

And yes, the extra income won't make a massive difference,but hopefully combined with the club maximising other commercial opportunities in other areas it might be enough for 2 or 3 quality additions that ensure we don't have to name two keepers on the subs bench again.
That’s all fair - I want to see it with my own eyes from the club first though. I’m just frustrated that we as fans are supposed to be blaming ourselves for not adequately funding the club - as if we would have had a chance of success this year, if only we hadn’t been so selfish as to pay slightly below market value for our season tickets. In reality, it’s the other side of the bargain that didn’t hold - we showed up; they didn’t.

clint van damme

That’s all fair - I want to see it with my own eyes from the club first though. I’m just frustrated that we as fans are supposed to be blaming ourselves for not adequately funding the club - as if we would have had a chance of success this year, if only we hadn’t been so selfish as to pay slightly below market value for our season tickets. In reality, it’s the other side of the bargain that didn’t hold - we showed up; they didn’t.

Yeah, I agree. Sisu were never interested in improving the squad.
I've said many times they badly let Robins down the in the last 3 transfer windows, (I include last January because King was just in the door ad if they intended to do any business t would have all been lined up).

Old Warwickshire lad

Now I know this is going to be slightly controversial but……As a buyer of tickets for 2 adults x 10 home games a season now, when I come I want to be able to sit somewhere in blocks 14-18 where the atmosphere is and it’s a struggle most games to actually buy two seats together. We tend to do the best we can with rows separating us but then when we get to the seats invariably there are unused seats all over the place and I can only assume to be empty they must be very cheap kids seats ?!
I’m all for giving kids cheap seats but perhaps if they’re not going to actually attend half the time then they should be in an area where there is less demand ?
I take 3 young kids with me. More than happy to inform ticket office whenever they are not being used. So they can be re-sold.
But don’t think there is a facility to do this.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

In that case as at other clubs and my team in Spain do it, make it possible for people to go online for 5 minutes of their time before each match 2 days before and declare if the seat is to be used. If not then the club can resell it and make more revenue.
While agreeing with that if NOT using your seatsyou should inform the club .Too be honest I don't know the inns and outs or if any laws would be broken I thought perhaps something could be set up on here via Nick and MMJ I think who does the season funding some system wereby these seats are used .probably to much trouble.

Grendel

There are 24 teams in our league last time i looked.As for being 3rd cheapest.You could have got a ST at Qpr, Brum,Stoke and Wigan cheaper there may be more haven't check them all.

Hull don’t have season tickets and the list is based on most expensive prices

CCFC54321

If you can’t control your bowels for 45 minutes this isn’t the block for you
I’ll be ok for the 3pm kick offs in that block but fucked for the 12.30 kick offs then… my bowels don’t open as I’ve mentioned before until the 1pm - 3pm ‘window’.

Perhaps we have a late bowels opening block?

Kingokings204

I’ll be ok for the 3pm kick offs in that block but fucked for the 12.30 kick offs then… my bowels don’t open as I’ve mentioned before until the 1pm - 3pm ‘window’.

Perhaps we have a late bowels opening block?

are you taking the piss?

pusbccfc

Am I imagining something or did the club once consider doing a price per sale years back? I know Walsall did.

For example:
Sell 12,000 = £500
Sell 18,000+ =£350.

They'd never do it but I'd be interested to see if we could shift and if it would make a difference.

Personally, I'd bring back zones. I'd imagine those in the middle blocks would pay extra for what is a premium seat at any stadium in the country.

I'd make the North Stand as cheap as possible to try and fill it a little more.

Ultimately they should be as affordable as possible. We need to continue to grow as a fan base. We have a new owner and it's a new start this summer. I genuinely love the stadium but it pains me to see the North Stand so empty every week.

wingy

Am I imagining something or did the club once consider doing a price per sale years back? I know Walsall did.

For example:
Sell 12,000 = £500
Sell 18,000+ =£350.

They'd never do it but I'd be interested to see if we could shift and if it would make a difference.

Personally, I'd bring back zones. I'd imagine those in the middle blocks would pay extra for what is a premium seat at any stadium in the country.

Ultimately they should be as affordable as possible. We need to continue to grow as a fan base. We have a new owner and it's a new start this summer. I genuinely love the stadium but it pains me to see the North Stand so empty every week.
Didn't Sheffield utd try a pricing s cheme like an aeroplane ,the earlier you got in the cheaper it was?

Robinshio

For example:
Sell 12,000 = £500
Sell 18,000+ =£350.

They did do that but didn’t hit the bottom tier.

shmmeee

Fact is price won’t make much difference, product on the pitch has to come first and then you can charge what you like and people won’t watch shit in a silent bowl for free.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

To be honest if they announced new contracts for Gyokeres, Hamer and O’Hare I reckon they could get away with releasing vastly increased prices at the same time

shmmeee

To be honest if they announced new contracts for Gyokeres, Hamer and O’Hare I reckon they could get away with releasing vastly increased prices at the same time

I wonder how we’d do if we basically did no business but sign McNally and get Doyle for another season plus another couple of loan wingbacks.

skyblue025

I think £450 would be too much of a jump. Most people are worse off now than they were last year. An increase of that size would see us lose a few 1000 ST holders imo.

Like some other poster have said, if we see investment in the squad a big jump in prices the following season would be an easier sell.

Users who are viewing this thread