32000 crowd (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If ever there was a 'everyone look at me' post ..........

I'd have had a great day too if I was counting all my pennies from the day's takings.....

stupot07

I'd have had a great day too if I was counting all my pennies from the day's takings.....

Hang on, have I missed something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hang on, have I missed something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Italia is secretly Derek Richardson and he had a great day counting all his earnings from the match yesterday, he still doesn't know the score though.

lordsummerisle

Is that 8 years now not finishing in the top four for Wasps?

Leicester Tigers hadn't beaten Wasps away since 2007 either.

MASSIVE CLUB.

Moff

Is that 8 years now not finishing in the top four for Wasps?

Leicester Tigers hadn't beaten Wasps away since 2007 either.

MASSIVE CLUB.

Exeter have beaten Saracens today so the World's richest Rugby Club (irony) hasnt made the top four again. Think I will be raising a glass or two to that later.

Funny the league leaders had 27k at their home match (at MK Dons) against Saracens last week but didnt feel the need to crow about the larger than normal attendance, as for one it was full of predominantly Saints fans, not 10k away fans, and secondly when you have sucess on and off the pitch you dont need to keep employing PR companies to crow about being so sucessfull unlike Wasps where the reality is very different. That must hurt.:claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/record-ricoh-arena-crowd-five-9225666

Another Pr Piece.

It's a new era for the stadium - one where these sort of gates could well be seen on a regular basis.
The club's researchers had done their extensive analysis about the area and its potential for a top-class rugby side but some still questioned whether the move would be a success.

So the telegraph won't be against CCFC moving somewhere they could potentially get bigger gates?

However, the move to Coventry looks set to move Wasps back into the higher echelons of the sport with the financial muscle to match.

chiefdave

Funny the league leaders had 27k at their home match (at MK Dons) against Saracens last week but didnt feel the need to crow about the larger than normal attendance, as for one it was full of predominantly Saints fans, not 10k away fans, and secondly when you have sucess on and off the pitch you dont need to keep employing PR companies to crow about being so sucessfull unlike Wasps where the reality is very different.

Saracens had 84,068 for their home game against Harlequins recently. Yet according to Wasps they have set a record for highest attendance.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently he is using a crystal ball as he gushes about their impressive recruitment over the summer. What a load of shit, by a reporter who clearly knows fuck all about Rugby.

You don't need to.

Copy + Paste ;)

Nick

Administrator
Amazing some of the comments you read on these articles, the coventry people seem to dislike the football club quite a lot but embrace Wasps?

skybluetony176

Look at all you nutters clutching onto Wasps loosing to one of the top teams in the top flight of their sport like it's some kind of victory. Just so you know, of the four worst teams in the third tier of football we only managed to beat one and even that wasn't convincing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Look at all you nutters clutching onto Wasps loosing to one of the top teams in the top flight of their sport like it's some kind of victory. Just so you know, of the four worst teams in the third tier of football we only managed to beat one and even that wasn't convincing.

We beat Yeovil and Crawley this season so I make that two teams

stupot07

So what. Some of smile when United lose, or Leicester lose, or villa lose. We know how shit we are.

Grendel

We beat two - another lazy remark with no factual accuracy.

lordsummerisle

We beat MK Dons, and to be fair to Wasps they did beat the 2 top teams at home.

Well a lot closer to home than Coventry is.

MASSIVE CLUB.

Grendel

Wow! Two! As many as that. I'm off to crack the champagne open to celebrate.

Crisis at CCFC, what crisis. We beat 2 of the 4 worst teams in the league.

Why did you say 1?

covmark

The "someone's slagging off Wasps alarm" must have been sounding in your house again Tony. What's wrong with wanting Wasps to lose? I want them to lose every game, then go bankrupt and fuck off to whichever rock they crawled out from. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

lordsummerisle

The "someone's slagging off Wasps alarm" must have been sounding in your house again Tony. What's wrong with wanting Wasps to lose? I want them to lose every game, then go bankrupt and fuck off to whichever rock they crawled out from. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

He's got the flag franchise for Wasps.

Moff

Yes I am obviously a nutter Tony, whilst you are a helmet.

I have clearly stated on many occasions that I am a Northampton Saints fan, and am pleased that our real local rivals Leicester are possibly the team we will face in the play offs as opposed to some franchise Cockney team, that has been landed in the locality thinking and acting like they are billy big bollocks the richest rugby team in the land.

The real local rivalry is between Saints and the Tigers and as much as I always want to beat the Tigers, I also want the Tigers a real local team to succeed against some Midland pretenders. I would also add that supporting the current Champions, I would hardly say I am clutching onto their loss like some kind of victory, as I more enjoyed the 46-0 victory Saints had at the weekend.

You know its possible to like and be passionate about two teams in two difeerent sports, so yes I am pleased that Wasps lost, but iritated by your small minded blinkeredness that you think its becasue they are just playing in the Ricoh. Next time try talking about something you know about, and seeing past the end of your nose. :facepalm:

Covstu

I know a lot of people who go to wasps games and they don't go to city so they have found some of he public I'm Coventry which are not football fans. Personally I don't give a shite if they win or lose, I would prefer to have our ground back but that will never be and i have come to terms with that now.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes I am obviously a nutter Tony, whilst you are a helmet.

I have clearly stated on many occasions that I am a Northampton Saints fan, and am pleased that our real local rivals Leicester are possibly the team we will face in the play offs as opposed to some franchise Cockney team, that has been landed in the locality thinking and acting like they are billy big bollocks the richest rugby team in the land.

The real local rivalry is between Saints and the Tigers and as much as I always want to beat the Tigers, I also want the Tigers a real local team to succeed against some Midland pretenders. I would also add that supporting the current Champions, I would hardly say I am clutching onto their loss like some kind of victory, as I more enjoyed the 46-0 victory Saints had at the weekend.

You know its possible to like and be passionate about two teams in two difeerent sports, so yes I am pleased that Wasps lost, but iritated by your small minded blinkeredness that you think its becasue they are just playing in the Ricoh. Next time try talking about something you know about, and seeing past the end of your nose. :facepalm:

Good for you,I personally hope Leicester and Northampton lose every game every season,makes my day when I hear they have lost,Wasps couldn't care less want CCFC and Ciov to win every game.

Covkid1968#

I went to the game and took my daughter and her best mate (Tigers fan) they both had a great day. I spoke to a number of people about the experience, most were City fans and CRFC fans. But all just wanted to see some quality Rugby and loved the whole social experiance that you dont always get up the football. For me the atmosphere was weird and contrived. But I cant deny that they have got it about right aound the ground...loads of bars and posh burger vans. 10k Leics fans was about right and those I spoke seem to welcome the 3 way battle between Saints, Wasps and themselves.

Found myself cheering on Wasps, but mostly the level passion was absent

THey own the stadium, we never will, the City of Coventry is embracing them as a Coventry team and the area is benefitting from them being here - these are the facts. So time to build our own stadium and lets get some of what they are getting because they are here to stay folks....but I felt the sadness and jealousy because they have what should have been ours.

chiefdave

But I cant deny that they have got it about right aound the ground...loads of bars and posh burger vans.

If this is the sort of difference we are talking about then doesn't the blame lie with ACL? Why are they not putting on the same at our games? We pay rent and aren't allowed to operate F&B because of the Compass contract so it sounds like we're getting second class treatment.

stupot07

I would prefer to have our ground back but that will never be and i have come to terms with that now.

I think most people have come to terms with it, which is why people are slowing coming around to the idea that we will need to build our own stadium at some point, whether that's now with sisu or in 10-15 years under new owners. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel bitter about it, and welcome every wasps defeat with a smirk.

Moff

Good for you,I personally hope Leicester and Northampton lose every game every season,makes my day when I hear they have lost,Wasps couldn't care less want CCFC and Ciov to win every game.

Now I know why you are such a miserable bastard as Saints and Leicester dont lose much, so it cant make your day very often.

I also am a CRFC fan if thats ok with you. ;)

Last edited:

mattylad

If this is the sort of difference we are talking about then doesn't the blame lie with ACL? Why are they not putting on the same at our games? We pay rent and aren't allowed to operate F&B because of the Compass contract so it sounds like we're getting second class treatment.
Because with our crowd size we could be fed from doris's old caravan off the a45 lay by I would imagine :facepalm:

mattylad

Saracens had 84,068 for their home game against Harlequins recently. Yet according to Wasps they have set a record for highest attendance.
We have done this one before, that game was played at a neutral venue despite one team being classed as the home team (bit like the cup semi-final/final) whereas this was a record attendance at a home venue although again how much that really means is up for debate because Welford Road regularly sells out and so if they could hold more than its present capacity I am sure they could get more than 32,000 for a really big game. One thought did hit me though at the weekend with Higgs getting 50p off every ticket sold they must be starting to recoup what they laid out nicely.

Covstu

I think most people have come to terms with it, which is why people are slowing coming around to the idea that we will need to build our own stadium at some point, whether that's now with sisu or in 10-15 years under new owners. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel bitter about it, and welcome every wasps defeat with a smirk.

Not sure everyone has really Stu, hence thread after thread on the same topic about who is to blame. I am very jealous of the situation, 'what we could have won' scenario. We need our own home i agree, but cannot see where (and when) this will ever happen?!

stupot07

11,649.......never in a million years.

Users who are viewing this thread