73 Passes in the build up to a goal v Oxford (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

It was 66 as of last April

That’s a good achievement from possibly the best club side in the world, but that was achieved by ten players probably valued of £100k plus each, not by a bunch of wannabes snapped up on the cheap.

slowpoke

I’m not sure it will count as the record as it looks like the defender gets a touch on the ball when DaSilva has his heavy touch.
Going back over 40 years this game was on match of the day, Leeds, that’s their super team had over 70 passes to score a goal I think it was v Southampton and one of their passes took a deflection to a Leeds player but I’m sure it counted as a record.

Sbarcher

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: KAB

SkyBlueSoul

Going back over 40 years this game was on match of the day, Leeds, that’s their super team had over 70 passes to score a goal I think it was v Southampton and one of their passes took a deflection to a Leeds player but I’m sure it counted as a record.
I was trying to find out what the most was (including pre-PL), it was only 39 for that Leeds one though.

JimmyHillsbeard

they won the game 7-0 but actually the keep ball session occurred at the end of the game and resulted in the final whistle not a goal.
These days it would be seen as shithousery and a lack of respect.

slowpoke

I hate Leeds, horrible club, horrible fans but that Leeds team with Bremner, Giles, Eddie Gray were by far the best club side I’ve seen and I include three great Liverpool teams in the 70s & 80s and the Man United teams of 90s.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

The whole game Coventry were passing the ball around almost unchallenged. Oxford were truly abysmal and put together one of the poorest displays I've ever seen and deserved to lose by 8 plus goals in my view.
Still very impressive not to make hardly any passing mistakes in 73 passes.

slowpoke

The whole game Coventry were passing the ball around almost unchallenged. Oxford were truly abysmal and put together one of the poorest displays I've ever seen and deserved to lose by 8 plus goals in my view.
Still very impressive not to make hardly any passing mistakes in 73 passes.
Our whole game was superb, all over in 17 minutes. Let’s not underestimate it, pass and move is a basic art and we had Oxford running round In circles.

Great_Expectations

Excellent - what an impressive stat.

It is truly representative of how we dominated that game, and overall the quality and confidence we have on the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread