ACL isn't letting this drop (1 Viewer)

James Smith

In homage to the legend that was Ted Rogers (RIP) on 3-2-1

Re James above
Fisher also on record as saying we can't keep kicking an empty can down the road, again suggesting the end is near!!

So you've chosen the this as the one you want to keep. The lovely Suzanne from the Hillfields Connection brought us the statue of Sir Jimmy Hill* and the clue was
"We can't keep kicking an empty can down the road"
An empty can could be a reference to tin as in tin can, now tin is a metal and you make many things out of metal and down the road could make you think of the star prize, our lovely car. But think about the first part of that phrase "we can't keep kicking an empty can", well there's nothing empty about a car, it isn't round like a can and it wouldn't be kicking. So what's also metal and cylindrical like a can is........yes you've guessed it and you're kicking yourselves now...................it's Dusty Tim.

Oh and for those of you who never saw it here is Ted in all his glory and it starts with one of those impenetrable clues.

[video=youtube;GNAJ6Kow63Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNAJ6Kow63Y[/video]
*He should be Sir.

Last edited:

Astute

So who is at fault in all of this crap that is going on?

Nobody comes out of it looking not at fault. So BR brokered the deal with tesco's which paid most of the remainder of the ground build? If so why couldn't we afford to build the ground? If he did do the deal and he did it whilst a serving councilor and not at our club then it was the City Council that did the deal. Is there any proof the deal was down to him? Our club was most probably saved by this deal. Should the ground just be handed over to SISU? I think not.

I agree that our club needs to own the ground. Do I trust SISU to own the ground for the best of CCFC? SISU are only interested in making money. They are not bothered what happens to our club as long as they can make money. If they got their hands on our club would they then sell us but keep the ground and charge us rent? If so we would never own the ground and not have the means to build another. After what has gone on would anyone help us to build a ground again? Certainly the council or any charity would never consider it again.

We all have our own ideas on what should happen. We all have our own ideas on who is at fault. I would trust more anyone that has tried to help our club more than a hedge fund that is more interested in making money out of our club that isn't worried about our long term future. How well have they done for us so far? Other than being able to go to grounds I have never gone to before and being able to stand on terraces I can't think of anything good to come out of our time with SISU. But some still see there as being others more at fault than them for our predicament.

We need to own our own ground. We need rid of SISU. It would be good to have a decent chance of promotion. I would love to have a club that I can be proud of again. Which order do you think this would happen in?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yet another one of your cringeworthy patronising posts. ACL filing for administration may not have made that much difference, they'd still be a comparatively small creditor.

There would still be a distinct possibility that they'd get next to fuck all in the administration.

They'd be an even greater possibility that the club would be wound up.

If there's one thing that's cringeworthy, it's your constant desire to play devils advocate against all sense.

You're trying to put your slant on what ACL's directors should, or shouldn't have done. The reality is, they didn't have a choice.

It's like is someone breaks into your house and you shoot them. The police are compelled to arrest you, irrespective of the morality of the situation. You've committed a crime and a due process has to be followed. Likewise in business, a debtor who owes a vast amount of money openly talking about liquidation, gives rise to no alternative; other than to file for protection via the courts.

And when this issue has been discussed time after time after time on here; and people either don't want to, or simply refuse to accept what's right in front of them, then they deserve all they get in my book

J

Jack Griffin

BR may have brokered the Tesco deal, but the council found between £13M to £18M to buy the land first.

The land was bought by the council for the arena and they didn't make money on that, post below explains what the council have put in (and in Tim Fishers words not mine).
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/32175-No-Surrender-ACL?p=465413&viewfull=1#post465413

Note CCFC put virtually nothing in.. and then what they put in was bought by the Higgs charity on extremely favourable terms.

Users who are viewing this thread