Aliens have surveyed Earth - now proven beyond reasonable doubt (1 Viewer)

Otis

I think you will always have who created the creator argument. It doesn't clarify anything with the discovery of new life either, other than that it surely proving that the Bible and Koran etc. were written by man for man.

I am not sure it can ever be truly explained. There surely can't have always been a creator. You would say there has to be something before any creator, but then what? A creator that created a creator? Who created that one?

I do think there must be a scientific answer rather than a religious godly one.

The God thing will never make sense to me due to the if God created mankind, who created God? What was before God?

Why all these billions of planets? And if there was a God why would he make nature so cruel?

For me, there has to be life on other planets. We simply cannot be the only planet out of billions of planets to have life upon it.

mrtrench

Another theory I have read, from New Scientist I think (which can be silly at times), is that the Universe is a projection from elsewhere. If every quantum particle were mapped to something else, then the distance between two points in the original source may not be huge. This could also be a mechanism to travel huge distances and is compatible with the idea of a 5th and/or higher orders of dimension.

Macca

I think you will always have who created the creator argument. It doesn't clarify anything with the discovery of new life either, other than that it surely proving that the Bible and Koran etc. were written by man for man.

I am not sure it can ever be truly explained. There surely can't have always been a creator. You would say there has to be something before any creator, but then what? A creator that created a creator? Who created that one?

I do think there must be a scientific answer rather than a religious godly one.

The God thing will never make sense to me due to the if God created mankind, who created God? What was before God?

Why all these billions of planets? And if there was a God why would he make nature so cruel?

For me, there has to be life on other planets. We simply cannot be the only planet out of billions of planets to have life upon it.

Seem to remember as a kid someone telling me that the brain has some kind of filter to prevent us thinking to much on these subjects as we would go nuts, probably not true

Sick Boy

Seem to remember as a kid someone telling me that the brain has some kind of filter to prevent us thinking to much on these subjects as we would go nuts, probably not true

I like to think of it as something that is too much for our brains to fathom. It is a human trait to create and attach reason, it is likely that there is no reason for it all.

Otis

Yep, I try not to worry about it too much, if at all. We all know we will be long gone and so too our children and our children's children and our children's, children's children before we ever even begin to find an answer.

By then we will undoubtedly be travelling from world to world to find an answer and I am sure it will take many hundreds, if not thousands of planet searching before we ever do find life.

Knowing our luck when we do find an inhabited planet it will be LV-426.

Evo1883

Space is so large and vast with millions even billions of planets .

I believe there absolutely has to Be life somewhere else .

I watched a programme and one of the scientists put it brilliantly

“If earth is one in a million , then there’s millions of earths out there “

Gazolba

Space is so large and vast with millions even billions of planets .

I believe there absolutely has to Be life somewhere else .

I watched a programme and one of the scientists put it brilliantly

“If earth is one in a million , then there’s millions of earths out there “
Your estimate of planets is way off:

How many planets are there in the universe?
With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 10 to the 24th power planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.Jan 5, 2013

Gazolba

But then if we had the ways and the means we would surely be making contact with them wouldn't we?

We have been seeking out intelligent life now on other worlds for decades.

If we could fly across the universe and knew of life on other planets we WOULD be trying to make contact.

If you are wandering through the woods and come across a fungus growing on a tree, do you try to make contact with it?
Have you tried to make contact with a fish swimming in the sea?
How about a spider? Contacted any of them recently?

Why? Because you realise it is pointless; there is no point of reference, no means of communication.

Evo1883

Your estimate of planets is way off:

How many planets are there in the universe?
With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we're very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 10 to the 24th power planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.Jan 5, 2013
So basically even more likely that living things exist elsewhere

Otis

If you are wandering through the woods and come across a fungus growing on a tree, do you try to make contact with it?
Have you tried to make contact with a fish swimming in the sea?
How about a spider? Contacted any of them recently?

Why? Because you realise it is pointless; there is no point of reference, no means of communication.
You would travel through a woods though hoping maybe to make contact with some animals wouldn't you?

You would travel to planets hoping to encounter life. It is something we have been endeavouring to do for decades now.

mrtrench

I don't think that the fact that they have not deliberately made contact but may have been visible is proof of anything. It's assuming we would know their motivations for travelling - and we don't.

Otis

I don't think that the fact that they have not deliberately made contact but may have been visible is proof of anything. It's assuming we would know their motivations for travelling - and we don't.
I put it down as nosey neighbours.

From now on all alien lifeforms will be known as the Curtain Twitchers.

Gazolba

You would travel through a woods though hoping maybe to make contact with some animals wouldn't you?
You would travel to planets hoping to encounter life. It is something we have been endeavouring to do for decades now.
Yes, they have encountered, observed, and no doubt studied us, but not made contact as we have not done with most other species here on Earth.
But I really don't believe there are actual aliens aboard the UFO's, most likely they are either remotely controlled or piloted by machines, so they would be unable to make contact.

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I watch a shit load space docs i love them, the stats are mind boggling, for us a species think theres no life out there be just plain stupid, theres more planets and stars in the known universe then grains of sand on the earth, a few years ago the pointed hubble for 4 months in a dark space that looked like was no light coming from it, they were wrong they found 10,000 galaxies in a tiny space observed 1/10th the size of the moons view from earth, those galaxies were nearly 13 billion light years away!

dancers lance

There was an article in the Telegraph a week or so ago reporting on comments from a former head of a US government programme. Google shows me that it was also reported in other broadsheets.

Existence of extra-terrestrial craft 'proved beyond reasonable doubt', says former Pentagon X-Files chief

This of course could be fake news. The same guy also said that SISU had accepted his offer to buy the Sky Blues. However, let's imagine, for the purposes of this thread, that it is real.

I'm generally sceptical of most things (both supernatural and bizarre claims on the internet), however I am willing to entertain the possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere and that it may have cracked the problems of travelling huge distances. So after I read this I thought about the scenario for a while.

If aliens have visited Earth without deliberately making contact then first of all I think that's good news: they do not have malicious intent. And then I started thinking about why they would hold back.

We have been stuck in the mechanical age for travel for about 100 years. In recent years we have invented computers and that technology is growing quickly - but it's no more than a stepping stone towards inter-stellar travel. And we still don't understand the Universe.

I think that if inter-stellar travel is possible then it will come from leveraging the structure of the Universe: taking advantage of quantum behaviour and/or dark energy or dark matter (which may turn out to be all related). I didn't study physics and so apologise in advance to anyone here who did and thinks that my thoughts are naive... and would love to learn from you.

It strikes me that humans need to make that leap from mechanical to 'universe-structural' travel before aliens would have any interest in making contact. That could be many thousands of years away. Or equally, a breakthrough with current theories could mean it is only a hundred years away. I like the idea of super-symmetry and also other dimensions - but that's possibly my maths background (liking elegant solutions).

Anyone else thinking about this issue? Thoughts?
The Drake equation : "The universe has 10 million, million, million suns (10 followed by 18 zeros) similar to our own. One in a million has planets around it. Only one in a million million has the right combination of chemicals, temperature, water, days and nights to support planetary life as we know it. This calculation arrives at the estimated figure of 100 million worlds where life has been forged by evolution."

I have no time for claims regarding the "supernatural" but when it comes to the alien life, this is a probability that sits firmly in the natural (requires no magic, religious belief or miracle) I'm not saying we have been visited by little green men, in wobbly saucer shaped craft with a penchant for bothering cattle, but all peer reviewed scientific evidence relative to the subject points to the highest probability that we are not special.

Otis

The Drake equation : "The universe has 10 million, million, million suns (10 followed by 18 zeros) similar to our own. One in a million has planets around it. Only one in a million million has the right combination of chemicals, temperature, water, days and nights to support planetary life as we know it. This calculation arrives at the estimated figure of 100 million worlds where life has been forged by evolution."

I have no time for claims regarding the "supernatural" but when it comes to the alien life, this is a probability that sits firmly in the natural (requires no magic, religious belief or miracle) I'm not saying we have been visited by little green men, in wobbly saucer shaped craft with a penchant for bothering cattle, but all peer reviewed scientific evidence relative to the subject points to the highest probability that we are not special.
No-one apart from Thom Yorke, who is f**king special. In fact, so f**king special.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Aliens exist and are living among us right here on Earth. Here is photographic proof.
This one masquerades as a musician called 'Elton John', yeah right!
Elton-0.jpg Elton-4.jpg Elton-1.jpg Elton-2.jpg

Gazolba

<snip> in a dark space that looked like was no light coming from it, they were wrong they found 10,000 galaxies in a tiny space observed 1/10th the size of the moons view from earth, those galaxies were nearly 13 billion light years away!
In that case, I'm sure many of them no longer exist. If it takes the light that long to reach us (13 billion years), they could be long since gone. Certainly, any civilisations in those Galaxies may not yet have developed or may have already been extinguished. 13 billion years is a long time.

oakey

FWIW I always think the, 'there must be life on other planets' argument no more plausible than the, 'there must be a creator who made everything' argument. No conclusive evidence, just conjecture.
Why must there be?

Otis

FWIW I always think the, 'there must be life on other planets' argument no more plausible than the, 'there must be a creator who made everything' argument. No conclusive evidence, just conjecture.
Why must there be?
I would change 'must be' to 'surely is.'

Would be very odd I would say out of billions and billions and billions and billions of planets to only have life on one of them.

That is surely a lot more astounding than accepting that we surely can't be the only ones out there.

And on the creator point, if there is a creator out there somewhere, why would they create hundreds of billions of planets and then just put life on just one single solitary one?

shmmeee

Why must there be?

In a word: statistics.

There’s lots of stuff about God that’s easily disprovable and it still leaves the “who creates the creator” problem.

Whereas the pure numbers of the universe make it more likely than not that there’s a significant number of Goldilocks planets out there and the length of time the universe has been around makes it likely life has arisen on one or more of these planets.

It’s like me saying “there’s probably someone called Joe Smith out there, because both Joe and Smith are common names” despite me not actually knowing anyone called Joe Smith. And you going “yeah right, that’s just as likely as Zhqnakdr Anahshdje being out there” despite your claim not being supported by the stats as Zhqnakdr isn’t a common name.

Captain Dart

I would change 'must be' to 'surely is.'

Would be very odd I would say out of billions and billions and billions and billions of planets to only have life on one of them.

That is surely a lot more astounding than accepting that we surely can't be the only ones out there.

And on the creator point, if there is a creator out there somewhere, why would they create hundreds of billions of planets and then just put life on just one single solitary one?
Maybe if they were a particularly lazy creator.

Captain Dart

Whereas the pure numbers of the universe make it more likely than not that there’s a significant number of Goldilocks planets out there and the length of time the universe has been around makes it likely life has arisen on one or more of these planets.
arisen and become extinct... when their nearby Sun blew up/went Nova.

Otis

Anyone ever considered that a creator created, or started to, but then since died?

Why does the creator have to still be alive? Everyone always talks about the creator as if he just lives forever.

Why?

Gazolba

Why must there be?
Well there is evidence that life exists elsewhere - UFOs. But there is zero evidence a creator exists.
There are too many UFO reports and video and photographic evidence for it to be explained away.
Unless you have really looked into it, you may be unaware of the mountain of reliable reports backed up by eyewitness accounts, photographs, videos, even physical evidence.
So assuming these UFOs do not originate from Earth, there must be life elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread