All purpose cricket thread (4 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

I've done some number crunching RE Anderson and I'm getting excited for the summer. If you'll humour me a minute:

- 5 tests between now and the Ashes match at Old Trafford
- In his last 9 matches (I just went back to last summer) he's taken an average of 4.6 wickets per match
- He needs 27 to go past Warne into 2nd on the all time list
- If he sticks roughly to that average he'll be in a position to overtake Warne while bowling from the Jimmy Anderson End against Australia

tisza

Anderson back at the top of the bowling charts at 40. Incredible athlete and just a superb servant for England

Incredible achievement for a 40 year old particularly as he's an opening quick(ish) bowler.
One of the greats who still on his day is an absolute pleasure to watch.

tisza

It's just a different game now. 21 for 3 having been put in day one of an overseas Test. No problem keep attacking and close the day 315 for 3.
Brook on course to be quickest Test batsman to 1000 test runs. Noone has done it all in overseas Tests?

Last edited:

Mcbean

I tuned in for ball 1 and at 21 for 3 thought it would be a long night , my mate sent me a text saying it was looking pretty grim , I said Root could settle it and here we are - fantastic knock !! Just kept hearing 6 😂

SBAndy

I tuned in for ball 1 and at 21 for 3 thought it would be a long night , my mate sent me a text saying it was looking pretty grim , I said Root could settle it and here we are - fantastic knock !! Just kept hearing 6 😂

I turned off at 21-3!

chiefdave

What's interesting is pre-bazball 3 quick wickets and it would have been into defensive mode and very slow scoring.

Law of averages says at some point England will be knocked over for less than 100 but why not go down all guns blazing. So many times in the past we've tried desperately to hold on and knock it around for singles and still ended up all out for low totals.

chiefdave

England Women in the T20 World Cup semi final this afternoon at 1pm. Up against the hosts South Africa but it's a very winnable game. Would set up a final against the ever dominant Australians but they haven't seemed at the top of their game in this tournament so could this be the chance.

tisza

What's interesting is pre-bazball 3 quick wickets and it would have been into defensive mode and very slow scoring.

Law of averages says at some point England will be knocked over for less than 100 but why not go down all guns blazing. So many times in the past we've tried desperately to hold on and knock it around for singles and still ended up all out for low totals.
That's why I'm saying it's a completely different game now. Everything screams it shouldn't work in Test cricket but it does for now. Other teams will adapt. There inevitably will be a mini-disaster along the way and some will scream but (for me) enjoy the ride. Brave declarations, fast run rates (not always massive scores),healthy attack all contributing.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Yup and the other good thing if we do get knocked over in a session, is that it's likely the conditions that helped skittle us will still be there for our bowlers to take advantage of.

Mcbean

We are going to know whether it’s the skill or psychology if we beat the Aussies in the Ashes series - we need to have bragging rights again my Aussie mate is unbearable to talk to

SkyBlueSoul

Where do we all think Root will end up on the all time list? I know it relies on a lot of factors but hypothetically, assuming he isn't out with a long-term injury etc

He's only 32 now so surely he can get into 2nd. Can see him topping 14,000 runs but not catching Tendulkar.

1677245393861.png

Terry Gibson's perm

Where do we all think Root will end up on the all time list? I know it relies on a lot of factors but hypothetically, assuming he isn't out with a long-term injury etc

He's only 32 now so surely he can get into 2nd. Can see him topping 14,000 runs but not catching Tendulkar.

View attachment 28520

If Brook keeps going as he is the will pass Sachin by next Xmas😉

chiefdave

Womens side made a complete mess of the semi final. Not much disciple with bat or ball.

Same story as at the commonwealth games, overwhelming favourites to get into the final but can't see it through.

Grendel

lol what a ridiculous wicket

Users who are viewing this thread