All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

The soothsayer

Well im praying this is the end game. The desperate cowboys of sisu have had their bluff called and yet again they have been wrong. These people thought they could bully ACL and treat them how they have treated the fans. There will be pain,but what revolution didn't cost?

Covstu

well lets face it it has not been a surprise, you don't pay your rent your out! Bastards, killing the club!!!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Club Response

Club Statement

Wed 05 Dec 2012

Image by :
Coventry City Football Club statement

We are disappointed by ACL’s actions today to issue a statutory demand to Coventry City Football Club rather than, as we had requested, sitting down with us to negotiate a level of rent which the Club can afford and which is in line with the rent paid by other clubs.

For reference, ACL has been charging CCFC an annual rent of £1.28 million, which we understand is the highest in both League One and the Championship.
We understand that the average annual rent paid by League One clubs (excluding CCFC) is less than £170,000 and that the average in the Championship is less than £290,000. All other clubs which rent their stadia get full access to 100% of match day food, beverage and car parking revenues, unlike CCFC.

The Club’s objective in requesting these negotiations with ACL has been only to bring about a state of commercial normality, where CCFC pays the same level of rent and has access to the same type of ancillary revenues as the other football clubs with which it competes. It is unsustainable for CCFC to be put at a severe financial disadvantage to its peers.

While we have been seeking to normalise the rent, we have continued to pay match day costs to ensure that ACL is not left out-of-pocket. These costs amount to over £250,000 per season, much more than the average rent paid by League One clubs.

In addition to defraying ACL’s match day costs, the Club has been subsidising ACL’s general overheads ever since the Sky Blues started playing at the Ricoh Arena, amounting to many millions of pounds over seven years.
The Club remains committed to the city and people of Coventry.

However, its viability depends on it finding an alternative home ground where it can afford to play.

Skyblue4u

My money is on the green at jubilee crescent.

Seems things are about to get serious. What idiot signed the initial rent agreement?

Nick

Administrator
Do they not understand that it doesnt matter if it is above average that they the club signed a contract?

Sub

good job CCFC are on good terms with nuneaton and northampton :jerkit::jerkit:

If SISU owned the ground and had a contract with ACL im sure SISU would be understanding and not demanding the rent owed to them wouldnt they ? yeah right:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: they would have ACL in court the day after the rent was overdue.

SISU had a contract when the brought the club they new the rent so they have to pay it. they have no complained about the rent for years untill they got us relegated!!! so i know this will not help the club but SISU walked into this situation knowing full well what the rent was and now they have wrecked the club from top to bottom they expect everybody else to bail them out!!! i do not want to see CCFC go to the wall or struggle but unfortunatly as far as i am concerned on this rent situation, its tough shit for SISU pay the rent or sell the club to somebody (if any body wants it) and dissapear. You have a legal binding contract so tough crap SISU pay up or leave!!!!!

cloughie

Club Statement

Wed 05 Dec 2012

Image by :

We are disappointed by ACL’s actions today to issue a statutory demand to Coventry City Football Club rather than, as we had requested, sitting down with us to negotiate a level of rent which the Club can afford and which is in line with the rent paid by other clubs.

For reference, ACL has been charging CCFC an annual rent of £1.28 million, which we understand is the highest in both League One and the Championship.
We understand that the average annual rent paid by League One clubs (excluding CCFC) is less than £170,000 and that the average in the Championship is less than £290,000. All other clubs which rent their stadia get full access to 100% of match day food, beverage and car parking revenues, unlike CCFC.

The Club’s objective in requesting these negotiations with ACL has been only to bring about a state of commercial normality, where CCFC pays the same level of rent and has access to the same type of ancillary revenues as the other football clubs with which it competes. It is unsustainable for CCFC to be put at a severe financial disadvantage to its peers.

While we have been seeking to normalise the rent, we have continued to pay match day costs to ensure that ACL is not left out-of-pocket. These costs amount to over £250,000 per season, much more than the average rent paid by League One clubs.

In addition to defraying ACL’s match day costs, the Club has been subsidising ACL’s general overheads ever since the Sky Blues started playing at the Ricoh Arena, amounting to many millions of pounds over seven years.

However, its viability depends on it finding an alternative home ground where it can afford to play.

What a load of BOLLOCKS

err............... for a start they were offered 50% reduction and PWKH said they hadn't heard from sisu since june

Tim Fisher:jerkit:

Last edited:

ggrady

It's above average because it's premier league facilities and most teams at least part own there grounds. Cowboys need to piss off can't stand it anymore I miss talking about formations :(

wingy

They'd still have to pay or be sued for what they owe while funding the other ground.:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Grendel

Not happy Wingy?

skyblue_rich

Surely there is no other viable alternative!!. There are not any other local grounds which either: hold enough people; or be in the proximity for CCFC fans to travel to. The club can not play at any other ground and expect to get 10,000 fans there.

cloughie

I 'll take 10 point deduction to see this scum run out of town as it would be unlikely it will affect our chances of making the play offs

wingy

They most likely will have done an evaluation on other grounds already,just as ACL will have sought other tennants or events for the Ricoh.

coop

I 'll take 10 point deduction to see this scum run out of town as it would be unlikely it will affect our chances of making the play offs

What chances after that of not being relegated again.No fricking chance IMO

Ricoh2012

Club Statement

Wed 05 Dec 2012

Image by :

Let them go......

Covstu

so we pay about 10 times more than every the club in the league:

1) some knob jockey signed that friggin deal!
2) all because you don't like it doesn't mean you can default payment and expect no consequences!
3) going to play at villa park, crisps bowl?? don't think so SISU!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Club statement :thinking about:

...............what a complete load of bollocks !!!! :mad:

end of OSB's statement
(accurate factual and transparent)

Brighton Sky Blue

He withholds what he wants, he withholds what he waaaaants, he is Tim Fisher, he withholds what he wants.

AFCCOVENTRY

Ricoh has been a rope around the clubs neck.

It's time to find somewhere else to play or ACL charge the club in line with other stadia.

I am not a SISU fan but the deal that was signed by Richardson and Co with ACL has been slowly killing this club.

We can't pay this kind of rent at all.

Interesting stand off we have.

ohitsaidwalker king power

For the first time in years I went to work with a smile on my face thinking about my football team.. not just because of the JPT win(small beer as it might be).. but because I can genuinely see a change in footballing fortunes over the last 2 months since MR took over........less than 12 hours on from that small glimmer of optimism.. boom...gut wrenching news re our long term survival.

SISU are often lauded as white knights on proverbial chargers... don't make me laugh.. they convinced share holders to relinquish their equity for nothing, disguised as "Saviours"-Charlatans more like... and now 4 years on trying to renegotiate a contractual obligation because the goings gotten tough.
Offering arguments based on "its too expensive" just doesnt cut it with me....its like me protesting about my mortgage being too high... the bank wouldn't give me much time I suspect.
Love my club as I do..... if we have to take a hit to rid us of these asset strippers then so be it... Nuneaton or Northampton... I'll be there.

:blue:

Users who are viewing this thread