All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

speedie87

Few temporary stands would solve the problem like mo dons did at the national hockey stadium

ohitsaidwalker king power

Ricoh has been a rope around the clubs neck.

It's time to find somewhere else to play or ACL charge the club in line with other stadia.

I am not a SISU fan but the deal that was signed by Richardson and Co with ACL has been slowly killing this club.

We can't pay this kind of rent at all.

Interesting stand off we have.

Respect your view.. but did SISU not enter this agreement willingly after due diligence... 'fraid it's a little late to be crying now?

ccfctommy

There is no way League One football would be able to play there. They it have one stand and there are all sorts of criteria and requirements to have your ground up to FL standard.

cyril

We can't afford it on gates of 10k
It doesnt matter if the seats have cushions and a tea lady. We can't afford the rent

Tad

Never been up there, but what about the speedway ground? Or is that to small?

pusbccfc

Would be Nuneaton. Still 3000 is not big enough.

The butts holds 5k

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
actually the nearest ground that is up to league 1 standard is Hinckley. (not Nuneaton)

Do i want to go outside the city to watch my team no ..... is the club viable with the squad/wages we have playing at Hinckley in League 1 no. Is there an alternative ground in Coventry no. Would there be any affinity with Coventry playing at B'ham or somewhere similar no. It would simply not be my team any more...... much the same way as MK Dons, or the original Birmingham Bullets basketball that were originally based in Coventry at the sports centre

Cheap scare mongering comment which if you look behind it has no real substance.

AFCCOVENTRY

Respect your view.. but did SISU not enter this agreement willingly after due diligence... 'fraid it's a little late to be crying now?

Richardson and Co went into the agreement with ACL. I am sure SISU would have tried to negotiate this at the time but we find ourselves in a situation where we are in Division 3.

That Ricoh contract was signed on the operation Premiership hopes and that backfired.

We don't make money at this club and if we don't soon we can't even afford the current squad with the financial fair play rules (which is a good thing for football).

I want to the best for our club at the end of the day and imo we need get the best deal for the club and that means a drastic reduction in rent and access to matchday revenue streams or a move to another ground or build one on a smaller scale.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
we cant afford £4.2m in a player wages budget either but we are paying it

cloughie

Richardson and Co went into the agreement with ACL. I am sure SISU would have tried to negotiate this at the time but we find ourselves in a situation where we are in Division 3.

That Ricoh contract was signed on the operation Premiership hopes and that backfired.

We don't make money at this club and if we don't soon we can't even afford the current squad with the financial fair play rules (which is a good thing for football).

I want to the best for our club at the end of the day and imo we need get the best deal for the club and that means a drastic reduction in rent and access to matchday revenue streams or a move to another ground or build one on a smaller scale.

HOW MANY TIMES REDUCTION IN RENT HAS BEEN OFFERED 50% THEY GOT A % OF OTHER MATCH DAY STREAMS

SISU REFUSED THE RENT REDUCTION:eek:...:thinking about:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
there is an assumption being made that ACL havent offered the club a lower rent going forward or even a different basis of calculation ............

i think when the truth actually comes out that offers have been made by ACL that reduce the rent by over 50% and offers on the debt made ........... and that CCFC & SISU have said no

Sky Blue Kid

SISU knew the rent situation when taking charge of the "CITY" no excuses they are trying to ruin a charity. Despicable in my eyes, they have stooped to a new low. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'd take Administration any day of the week, as I've said for the whole of their tenure...They're parasites and haven't got a "Jar of glue" how to run a football club.:jerkit::blue:

AFCCOVENTRY

Administration would finish our club off for good.

We have no assets, no income streams, nothing... we are in one real dangerous position if that happened.

Sky Blues

Thats what the club are willing to pay a season, is that acceptable?

Fisher appeared to suggest earlier this season he only wanted to pay about £150,000, now we're told that £250,000 covers basic running costs!
Anyway, going with that figure, if SISU only paid £250,000 what income would ACL receive towards paying off its mortgage? And how much could ACL bring in if it had the stadium free of football for nine months for more concerts and other events? At a guess I'd say it's not acceptable.

Lord_Nampil

Thats the problem when u have a rent that one party can't pay, and the other can't live with out it! The Ground was way to expensive, when it was built meaning all parties can not afford to run it that's IF your last statement is correct!

speedie87

why are the club and ACl banding around fixed fee figures for rent, surely the best way to do it would be on a percentage of attendances

Covstu

Administration would finish our club off for good.

We have no assets, no income streams, nothing... we are in one real dangerous position if that happened.

agreed we have stripped all assets out of the club just to get to this position, nowt else apart from the shirt on the players back.

cloughie

Thats what the club are willing to pay a season, is that acceptable?

If some one moves into my property at an agreed rent and I have to pay the mortgage on it, then they say thay only want to pay 20 % of the rent They will be evicted

What planet are you on the landlord sets the rent not the tenant,

if you don't like the rent don't go there

skybluearmy88

Lets say for instance we did move to the rugby ground with temporary stands, where will it all end? We will be stuck there, there is no way the council would allow us to build a new stadium and temporary stands can't last forever. Look how long it took Brighton to get a new stadium of there own.

cloughie

Thats the problem when u have a rent that one party can't pay, and the other can't live with out it! The Ground was way to expensive, when it was built meaning all parties can not afford to run it that's IF your last statement is correct!

They can live without it dumbo

coundonskyblue

There isn't anywhere else to go. For a start there are about 6000 season ticket holders, so that rules out Butts park, Nuneaton, Hinckley etc.

Then if were looking at grounds outside the area such as Brum or Leicester, then what happens when fixtures clash?

If we don't pay the rent, and ACL lock the doors, then we will be unable to fulfill our fixtures and be ejected from the league.

Covstu

lets face it there is no where suitable apart from direct clubs such as Leicester etc. Personally I do not think it will come to this though!

Users who are viewing this thread