All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Johnnythespider

Just thinking out loud, i was wondering about this notion that the stadium would face financial ruin if the sky blues were not in residence. I was wondering how many on here would be interested in a season ticket to the arena, that offered entrance to say 10 concerts in the jaguar hall and 2 major concerts in the arena, plus entrance to any other public access events for about £300. I think i would be.

wingy

We will be going nowhere ,Totally unachievable ,totally unrealistic ,Totally impractical ,totally unaffordable.

Last edited:

Grendel

We will be going nowhere ,Totally unachievable ,totally unrealistic ,Totally impracticle ,totally unaffordable.

Tim fisher just been on the news saying we will if we have to.

In Tim we trust.

Leamington Pete

Maybe we should stop thinking that ACL need CCFC to survive. Think about it; without the pitch part of the complex there's potential for more exhibition halls, more hotel rooms, and further development at a prime site a stone's throw from the M6, to create a conference and exhibition venue to rival the NEC. Maybe getting rid of its misbehaving tenant would be rather convenient for ACL.

SkyBlueUkeman

It's all a bluff. ACL need us. We need the stadium. No matter how much the rent is, SISU must pay it. It may be extortionate, but it is what it is. Only when we actually pay off what we owe, that then is when we can sit down and talk about considerably lowering the rent and/or buying the stadium.

Last edited:

PVA

Agree wit the above. Just made a post in another thread, some sort of agreement will be reached before 26/12 I have no doubt.

Otis

Yep. Think people are getting a tad carried away. Too much panic stations on here for my liking.

To be quite honest, I am only mildly more irked at the mo in the grand scheme of things.

Lots of brinksmanship and bluff at present.

covcity4life

who cares about cov? as long as the ACL get the money that is owed to them. thats the most important thing:wave:

Tank Top

Uke Man.
I think you are on the money with your view, I agree that Sisu should not be allowed to avoid what they owe, They contrived to refuse to Honor the rental agreement that they signed up for.
when the dept is cleared in Full, then they have an entitlement to negotiate a lower rent which is more appropriate for our league, but this should work both ways with them being charged more rent if we got promoted, like other posters I cant see the plug being pulled on the Football club, I imagine a face saving compromise will be reached by both parties, What I don't want is a back slapping victory for the hoods from the City who have wasted this club far too much already, lack of real investment, and no desire to carry this club foreward have bought us to where we are today.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It is all about brinksmanship. From what I understand CCFC have already been offered a rent at £400k but seems TF wants to squeeze the pips out of it even more. No one wants the club to leave the Ricoh if the rent drop has been achieved, but putting aside SISU's need to own the stadium, the sticking point must be the amount of the accumulated debt to be repaid.

The match day expenses are a smoke screen because those expenses would be incurred as tenant or owner. The kiosk profits, isnt significant in the scheme of things and a deal could easily be arranged to give CCFC access to the income without seriously harming ACL i would have thought.

It makes no sense for the club to move out to ground share say at Hinckley (nearest L1 standard ground) - the income streams they are clamouring for are just not going to be there. The capacity is low 5000, big chunk of fans wont go imo, no corporate boxes, ground advertising already committed as is stadium sponsorship (Greene King Stadium). The clubs total income would infact fall. Yes they will save on rent but the ground is L1 ready so should be paying L1 average surely ? BUT the biggest problem will be the turnover because it affects the FFP which is 65% of turnover this year but dropping lower next year......... that will mean players going, team struggling, income dropping and the whole cost cycle starting again. If we got promoted this season then we would have to relocate again because we would need a championship standard ground.

ACL want CCFC to stay ...... they have to negotiate to do that to some extent but they dont have to cave in to CCFC. It would ease their business model if the club stays even at 1/3 the rent clearly.

So cut all the bollocks, agree a deal ...... i dont know say rent at £400k, repay the debt over 10 years (even at interest free) get a deal on the kiosks ( all of which I think ACL would go for) ........... and get on with the damn football!!!!!!

*edit .... just to be clear the onus is on CCFC/TF to make proposals and get back to negotiating - at least it would be in any other business world

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just a thought what happens with the season tickets ? Just transferred at full value to new venue ? Refunds to those not transferring, refund to those going because facilities less etc?

Dont think it will be an issue in the end but if we did move there are all sorts of things to sort out to keep the fans happy.

covcity4life

doubt the club would be looking to refund,but you cant fit all season ticket holders ina 5k crowd

lets hope it never comes to that

Sky Blues

It is all about brinksmanship. From what I understand CCFC have already been offered a rent at £400k but seems TF wants to squeeze the pips out of it even more. No one wants the club to leave the Ricoh if the rent drop has been achieved, but putting aside SISU's need to own the stadium, the sticking point must be the amount of the accumulated debt to be repaid.

The match day expenses are a smoke screen because those expenses would be incurred as tenant or owner. The kiosk profits, isnt significant in the scheme of things and a deal could easily be arranged to give CCFC access to the income without seriously harming ACL i would have thought.

It makes no sense for the club to move out to ground share say at Hinckley (nearest L1 standard ground) - the income streams they are clamouring for are just not going to be there. The capacity is low 5000, big chunk of fans wont go imo, no corporate boxes, ground advertising already committed as is stadium sponsorship (Greene King Stadium). The clubs total income would infact fall. Yes they will save on rent but the ground is L1 ready so should be paying L1 average surely ? BUT the biggest problem will be the turnover because it affects the FFP which is 65% of turnover this year but dropping lower next year......... that will mean players going, team struggling, income dropping and the whole cost cycle starting again. If we got promoted this season then we would have to relocate again because we would need a championship standard ground.

ACL want CCFC to stay ...... they have to negotiate to do that to some extent but they dont have to cave in to CCFC. It would ease their business model if the club stays even at 1/3 the rent clearly.

So cut all the bollocks, agree a deal ...... i dont know say rent at £400k, repay the debt over 10 years (even at interest free) get a deal on the kiosks ( all of which I think ACL would go for) ........... and get on with the damn football!!!!!!

Keeping on this hypothetical track...
Someone mentioned that Nene Park is currently empty so maybe they could talk to John Terry's agent (who, I think, owns it) and get a very good deal on it and get to negotiate all the sponsorship they want. It holds 6,400, which maybe just enough to squeeze all the season ticket holders prepared to make the 40-mile trip and about 400 away fans. Of course, as you point out, by taking up residence in any stadium which holds less than 12,000 fans would effectively means the club settling for life in the lower leagues. So it's not likely to happen.

Joy Division

I wonder if the club have considered Birmingham Alexander Stadium? Would be a god awful place to watch football with an athletics track around the pitch but distance wise it is alot closer and has a capacity of 12,500.

Just throwing it out there.

SkyblueBazza

Might as well go to the Bescot Stadium...it's quicker/easier to get to at the best of times although further at about 30m from the Ricoh. Trains close by too. AND it keeps the money in football (I use the term loosely in Walsall's case)

dongonzalos

Originally Posted by dongonzalos:
Walsall......

Grendel 07:02 PM 06-12-2012
30 miles away and too small. If we lose the ground the club goes forever.

Grendel

Walsall......

We will not be playing there

dongonzalos

Baldrick 'don't worry I have a cunning plan, when this happened to Southampton they moved the debt to another company to avoid the points deduction. Then we can write off the debt and play at a ground 30 miles away that is too small'
BlackAdder 'did it work?'
Baldrick 'No'

Grendel

Baldrick 'don't worry I have a cunning plan, when this happened to Southampton they moved the debt to another company to avoid the points deduction. Then we can write off the debt and play at a ground 30 miles away that is too small'
BlackAdder 'did it work?'
Baldrick 'No'

I think given they have lined a ground up and have F A approval they have been very cunning don't you?

dongonzalos

I think given they have lined a ground up and have F A approval they have been very cunning don't you?

Yes very cunning in a Baldrick kind of way.

Lets see if the FA really have authorised SISU to walk away from a legal debt and move grounds.

psgm1

Banned

*edit .... just to be clear the onus is on CCFC/TF to make proposals and get back to negotiating - at least it would be in any other business world

How can this guy get it wrong ALL THE TIME?

Hinckley is NOT repeat NOT League 1 standard - There are certain criteria in terms of the minimum occupancy 4000 with capacity for 5k - that Hinckley DOES NOT MEET (4329 capacity) - Neither does Nuneaton's (4,314)! Neither is the butts park arena (4k). None of these meet the MINIMUM of 5k.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/appendix-1_2293633_2128158

These are LEAGUE RULES and WILL NOT BE BROKEN FOR SiSU!!!!

Its looking like the nearest club would be probably fester (does anyone SERIOUSLY expect to consider the crisp bowl as a home fixture? or the blues / villa (again blues is bad enough - but Villa!???)

Your comments are like a box of chocolates, looks impressive on the outside, but when you open it up tends to have very little content and what content there is is usually unpalatable (like the coffee chocolate).

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!

If you are going to post at least ensure you get your facts straight.

Unless of course you are aware of a stadium capable of hosting 5k people in the coventry area it would be a possibility.

covcity4life

How can this guy get it wrong ALL THE TIME?

Hinckley is NOT repeat NOT League 1 standard - There are certain criteria in terms of the minimum occupancy 4000 with capacity for 5k - that Hinckley DOES NOT MEET (4329 capacity) - Neither does Nuneaton's (4,314)! Neither is the butts park arena (4k). None of these meet the MINIMUM of 5k.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/appendix-1_2293633_2128158

These are LEAGUE RULES and WILL NOT BE BROKEN FOR SiSU!!!!

Its looking like the nearest club would be probably fester (does anyone SERIOUSLY expect to consider the crisp bowl as a home fixture? or the blues / villa (again blues is bad enough - but Villa!???)

Your comments are like a box of chocolates, looks impressive on the outside, but when you open it up tends to have very little content and what content there is is usually unpalatable (like the coffee chocolate).

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!

If you are going to post at least ensure you get your facts straight.

Unless of course you are aware of a stadium capable of hosting 5k people in the coventry area it would be a possibility.

You have a little willy

lordsummerisle

Is there anyway they can put one of the companies associated with CCFC into admin or liquidation and get rid of the lease that way? Assuming the lease is tied to whatever company is actually CCFC (as in the football club itself) so long as the league would transfer the golden share then could that company not just be wound up and SISU walk away without paying the rent? Sure there's more to it than that but I wouldn't put anything past SISU!

Here's somebody who knew what he was talking about!

dongonzalos

Walsall......

Favourites now according to CET.

What a load of tosh.

Users who are viewing this thread