All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (5 Viewers)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

fernandopartridge

Weve had Dagenham and Redbridge, brighton and hove, Rushden and diamonds,

What about Coventry and Nuneaton FC

Would this exile all fans of both teams , or actually make sense - a Conference debt free team, drawing on the support of a large area - which would potentially have a lot more to offer than a 3rd division team with £40m of debt

It is something you can build, and when you need a bigger ground to play in as it gathers momentum, you go back to the Ricoh , which is still very nearly in Nuneaton

Might upset a few, but from a business point of view, it makes sense

What sort of business point of view does it make sense from? Jesus wept.

D

Deleted member 4232

I would love it if we were to develop and share the Butts Park. Pubs, walking distance from train. Pubs. Smaller ground, better atmosphere. Develop in line with the club. At the moment, we need to learn to live within our means. There is room to develop other stands.

Joy Division

When people mention temporary seating I think most assume the only option is that of the ones seen at Brighton when they played at the Withdean.

Its worth noting that both the end stands at Craven Cottage, Fulham, are temporary stands. At least that could be an option other than the standard open air ones.

cloughie

Seems like there might be something to this theory afterall - this comment from Jacky Isaac of ACL on CT website "However, after turning down our most recent offer, we have to question whether at any point during our conversations in the last ten months, Sisu ever had any intention of reaching a deal with us."

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...nt-say-stadium-managers-acl-92746-32375782/2/

This statement proves that fisher is less than genuine when he said ACL have refused to sit down and talk despite numerous requests.

Hmmm yes Tim:jerkit:

SkyBlueCharlie

Luton Town for me....they get my sympathy vote because of the despicable way they were treated by both their owners and the FA. And they do great pies!

skyblueman

Fisher a 50% reduction would have been an excellent result and I would have said - well done - good job that's good for the club obviously and keeps us on track with ACL who we NEED to get along with - bigger reduction rumoured would have been unthinkable still an excellent result for the club but obviously at a price of pissing off ACL somewhat - but ok I can live with that - you still have my support

HOWEVER - what you are doing now is acting way too recklessly - pushing the club and ACL to the brink of a major ultimatum - our position with ACL is shot to pieces and I'm afraid I am just embarrassed by your actions- no correction I am furious you are using the club as a bargaining chip in this way

So I say to ACL - Stand your ground - forget all the gracious concessions offered so far and put these clowns firmly in their place - go for the whole £1.6Milllion - don't worry they will pay - they'll be wiped out if they didn't.

Fisher - build the club the right way - invest - pay for your mistakes and honour your debts

CovisGod

I suppose I'd go and see Norwich a bit more as that's where I live and I couldn't have a life without football but I would never "support" another club, I'd never wear another teams colours or chant another clubs songs. I'm city till I die and my Cov tattoo would remain on my chest forever

valiant15

If sisu move the club then that's me done. They might aswell change the kit colour,badge and have sisu splashed across the front. Fuck that,id rather go and watch the borough.

shy_tall_knight

Agree 100% - they would recoup their investment in CCFC if we got into the PL but that is highly unlikely (especially as Bell is so injury prone !!!!). Worked for a private equity company rewrote the rules on ethics and morality, faceless organisation

D

Deleted member 4232

If sisu move the club then that's me done. They might aswell change the kit colour,badge and have sisu splashed across the front. feck that,id rather go and watch the borough.

If they move it from where exactly? Do you identify with the Ricoh that much to throw in the towel after everything, because of the Ricoh?

SkyBlueScottie

I refuse to form an opinion of blame on side or the other based on the small offering that are muttered to the press.

Perhaps the offer was excellent from ACL, but they requested that we pay it and the arrears up front, we need to know the details, so at the moment I think both sides are as bad as each other.....

Joy Division

If sisu move the club then that's me done. They might aswell change the kit colour,badge and have sisu splashed across the front. Fuck that,id rather go and watch the borough.

Why would they change the kit colour and badge? Nothing is stopping you watching the Borough if that's what you prefer.

skybluejack10

if i had to choose a new club i'd choose either villa or west brom. Never leicester EVER!!!! perhaps brum but no club could ever replace cov in my eyes....

SkyBlueScottie

Not at all, like I said without knowing the details of any offerings we cant really form an opinion on the matter, say if they did ask for it up front plus the arrears, thats the best part of 2 million, could we afford it?

There is lots of self interest floating about on both sides, unfortunately nobody is very much interested in a stable football club.

Blue Maniac

Shame on anyone answering this seriously. If my club vanished I wouldn't start watching another one. I'd turn away altogether.

Shocking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would guess that ACL would want a small part of the arrears say £200k and agreement to the new rent. The balance would then be parked for better times (ie a long term debt)or maybe some of it written off

AFCCOVENTRY

Nuneaton are open for an approach from CCFC for ground share

Nuneaton director Ian Neal has confirmed on CWR that they are open to the option to allow CCFC to ground share.

valiant15

If sisu were to take ccfc out of coventry?

Just thought i'd throw this out there. Would you still support ccfc if they moved the club down to say corby(I'm thinking a bit of an mk dons)or somewhere similar with not much footy action,or would you support an afc coventry that would play at the butts maybe?

RoboCCFC90

Whether you like it or not the ricoh is our home.

The Ricoh will never be our home.. Highfield Road was our home and had everything we could have ever wanted, atmosphere, the love for the ground, the sense of anticipation to play at home, memories.. How many times has the Ricoh felt like Highfield Road used to in terms noise and atmosphere? A handfull of times Maybe?

covcity4life

no thank you,i support cov not nuneaton,would they honour season tickets and purchased tickets?

lets get ricoh agreement sorted please

Users who are viewing this thread