All you Clarke doubters ha ha ha (1 Viewer)

Glen

Yes a positive post from me. Clarke is not DM but he is the best we could afford and honestly he wants a club to settle at, will be proud to wear the shirt and honestly he will score a few, not lots, but enough at this level. So leave him alone

Sky Blues

He most certainly isn't a DM. Jennings is a DM.

Clarke is a ST

At least he isn't an SBT. It'd get really confusing around here with all these SBTs. Can you imagine SBT on SBT talking about how the SBT, after taking over the club, can't afford to give our top-scoring SBT a new contract.

Mucca Mad Boys

At least he isn't an SBT. It'd get really confusing around here with all these SBTs. Can you imagine SBT on SBT talking about how the SBT, after taking over the club, can't afford to give our top-scoring SBT a new contract.

That was confusing!

I'm SBT, a member on SBT, who talks about the SBT on SBT!

When making by username, I didn't think it could make it quite confusing!

Jonny

Okay. What am I missing? I got Taylor, trust, and talk but can't work out what we're describing LC as!

Mucca Mad Boys

Okay. What am I missing? I got Taylor, trust, and talk but can't work out what we're describing LC as!

A striker, shortened to ST like it is on FIFA games. For me, I can't talk for the others.

Ashdown1

Steady on, he did okay but still needs encouraging now and again to keep working. Our best players by a country mile for me are Moussa, Adams and The Edge although Baker, Sheffers et al all contributed tonight

Sky Blues

Otis was saying Clarke was an ST(riker). I was saying it was good he wasn't an SBT or it would get even more confusing. It's like Have I Got News for You's odd one out round. All the others are SBTs (Taylor, Trust and Talk) but Clarke was the odd one out as he is only an ST. ;)

Otis

Otis was saying Clarke was an ST(riker). I was saying it was good he wasn't an SBT or it would get even more confusing. It's like Have I Got News for You's odd one out round. All the others are SBTs (Taylor, Trust and Talk) but Clarke was the odd one out as he is only an ST. ;)

And when Glen talks of DM he obviously means Defensive Midfielder ......... or Depeche Mode ........ or David Mitchell ....... or Davina Mcall .... or Darth Maul.

As far as I am aware though, LC (Leon Clarke) is not an ST holder (Season Ticket) who is a member of the SBT (Sky Blue Trust) who posts on SBT (Sky Blues Talk) with SBT (Sky Blue Taylor).

Clear now?

Sky Blues

And when Glen talks of DM he obviously means Defensive Midfielder ......... or Depeche Mode ........ or David Mitchell ....... or Davina Mcall .... or Darth Maul.

As far as I am aware though, LC (Leon Clarke) is not an ST holder (Season Ticket) who is a member of the SBT (Sky Blue Trust) who posts on SBT (Sky Blues Talk) with SBT (Sky Blue Taylor).

Clear now?

You're forgetting SBT, who has also replied to this thread on SBT in which SBT has engaged in the discussion about how Clarke is not an SBT but an ST, though not a DM or ST, and in which the existence of the SBT has also been mentioned.

Otis

You're forgetting SBT, who has also replied to this thread on SBT in which SBT has engaged in the discussion about how Clarke is not an SBT but an ST, though not a DM or ST, and in which the existence of the SBT has also been mentioned.

Well obviously. That goes without saying!

skybluesteve76

Yes a positive post from me. Clarke is not DM but he is the best we could afford and honestly he wants a club to settle at, will be proud to wear the shirt and honestly he will score a few, not lots, but enough at this level. So leave him alone

What, because he scored a tap in?

ccfcway

worked for Gary Lineker, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Ian Rush etc

No, Im not comparing Clarke to any of those, but fact is he has already scored 2 goals for us this season. Only one behind Elliott, Ball and Cody, who have all been here all season !

skybluesteve76

worked for Gary Lineker, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Ian Rush etc

No, Im not comparing Clarke to any of those, but fact is he has already scored 2 goals for us this season. Only one behind Elliott, Ball and Cody, who have all been here all season !

Will we ever see Clarke score the calibre of goals that Owen and fowler used to score? Dint think so!!Far more than just tap ins! Don't think we can judge him either way yet to be honest

hill83

He has to be in the right position to score the tap in you weapon. He's got brilliant movement and he'll score a load of goals. I'm willing to bet they won't all be tap ins either. And so what if they are? A goal is a goal.

Edit: are you on a wind up? Got to check

Astute

Will we ever see Clarke score the calibre of goals that Owen and fowler used to score? Dint think so!!Far more than just tap ins! Don't think we can judge him either way yet to be honest

If we paid Owen or Fowler money for a striker I would expect their goals. We got him for free. A very good freebie. As I lived near Scunny for nearly 20 years and having a lot of family that way I also know some Scunny fans. Their season was more or less over when he left. A lot of us saw what he did against us. Yet some still question how good he is.

How many at the game thought he was crap when he scored twice against us for Scunny to beat us? How many would have liked him to join us then? How many thought he was the difference between losing and winning that day? Remember we were on a good run until that day and have been on a decent run since.

Shall we all try getting behind him and see what he can do for us?

skybluesteve76

He has to be in the right position to score the tap in you weapon. He's got brilliant movement and he'll score a load of goals. I'm willing to bet they won't all be tap ins either. And so what if they are? A goal is a goal.

Edit: are you on a wind up? Got to check

Are you in a bad mood this morning?
The post title is like a full on masturbation because he scored a tap in last night!
I'm on the fence at the min, I think he will do well eventually, he looks like he's got the ability but we are yet to see what he can do.
I'm allowed an opinion mate. Just like the op,yourself and everyone else.

skybluesteve76

If we paid Owen or Fowler money for a striker I would expect their goals. We got him for free. A very good freebie. As I lived near Scunny for nearly 20 years and having a lot of family that way I also know some Scunny fans. Their season was more or less over when he left. A lot of us saw what he did against us. Yet some still question how good he is.

How many at the game thought he was crap when he scored twice against us for Scunny to beat us? How many would have liked him to join us then? How many thought he was the difference between losing and winning that day? Remember we were on a good run until that day and have been on a decent run since.

Shall we all try getting behind him and see what he can do for us?

Definitely mate! I think he'll prove to be a good signing.

skybluesteve76

Because I'm not going nuts about a tap in like the op? He's got my full backing, just not seen much to get excited about as yet, that's all.

hill83

Are you in a bad mood this morning?
The post title is like a full on masturbation because he scored a tap in last night!
I'm on the fence at the min, I think he will do well eventually, he looks like he's got the ability but we are yet to see what he can do.
I'm allowed an opinion mate. Just like the op,yourself and everyone else.

Cleaned my keyboard up now.

One minute it's 'he can't score'
Now it's 'it's only a tap in'

So yeah, it pisses me off.

Astute

Good strikers pull defences apart and make room for the rest of the team. We have seen this. They have attempts from all over. They score from distance as well as tapins. He does this.

He hadn't played for a bit when he came to us. He will get better. I have liked what I have seen so far. He don't stop trying.

The way some go on about him you would think he is lazy and hadn't scored for us yet.

Otis

Because I'm not going nuts about a tap in like the op? He's got my full backing, just not seen much to get excited about as yet, that's all.

A goal is a goal.

If he gets 20 tap ins this season are we going to say 'Shame he got 20 goals cos they were all tap ins?'

A goal is a goal. Don't care if it rebounds off his arse cheeks. He now has 2 goals for us in 4 and half matches.

No pleasing some people. :D

Users who are viewing this thread