Alternatives to sky, virgin etc (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Ive got Talk Talk TV all freeview channels plus sky sports,You can record pause and rewind plus all the players and seven day catch up,Phone tv and internet for £ 55 a month.

Covstu

Ha ha by the sound of it I am not the only one wondering why I am paying shitloads of cash each month. I am happy with my internet from Virgin albeit I hate paying line rental for not using a phone!.

djdoc1888

Anyone that has the zgemma virgin box does ppv boxing ect work?

Put the wrasslin on for the wee man n it works for a few seconds n freezes :(

Pipehitterz

Anyone that has the zgemma virgin box does ppv boxing ect work?

Put the wrasslin on for the wee man n it works for a few seconds n freezes :(
I have one and 2 openbox v8s
I find that box rubbish compared to the 2 openbox's , but also you have to have a reliable server subscription. I would guess yours isn't the Best .
You may want to google for a dedicated forum where you'll be able to pay for better server.
It will be worth the money

Skinnythebear

I was about to take the plunge and buy an openbox V8S but it says you need a satellite dish.
Does that mean these only work from Sky dishes or am I being a twat here?
I only have Virgin internet so is there an equivalent box?

Skinnythebear

Same question again
I was about to take the plunge and buy an openbox V8S but it says you need a satellite dish.

Pipehitterz

Yo
Same question again
You need a dish
Any internet is the internet so not sure what you mean by only having virgin internet ?

chiefdave

Moving into my new place tomorrow. I've gone for BT. Paying £30 a month for Infinity, BT TV and BT Sport. Includes a recorder as well to replace my Sky Plus box.

Probably going to add Now TV. If you buy the cards that's £5 a month for the Sky channels.

Nick

Administrator
Moving into my new place tomorrow. I've gone for BT. Paying £30 a month for Infinity, BT TV and BT Sport. Includes a recorder as well to replace my Sky Plus box.

Probably going to add Now TV. If you buy the cards that's £5 a month for the Sky channels.

It works well, plus anything you need like series you can find online...

ajsccfc

I've set all my Sky to cancel in August ahead of a move, don't want to be paying £80pm for whatever we get next. The main brunt of that is Sky Sports I think but then the only thing I really use it for is NFL and that's only on for a quarter of the year and you can just buy a streaming plan instead.

Might have a shop round Virgin, BT and whoever else. Even go with Sky in the new gaff by not doing it in my name if the price is good.

Skinnythebear

Hello again playmates
After months of deliberation and saving up £75 to buy a box off ebay, I found out I need a dish for it so fuck that!!
I have now decided to go for a firestick/chromecast type option to reprogramme/chip.
Any recommendations I need to look for?
I am looking for free sports/movies Netflix etc.

blueflint

Hello again playmates
After months of deliberation and saving up £75 to buy a box off ebay, I found out I need a dish for it so fuck that!!
I have now decided to go for a firestick/chromecast type option to reprogramme/chip.
mxq boxes use internet not dish very good dependant on internet speed

Nick

Administrator
Hello again playmates
Get an actual android box. No point messing with fire sticks

Nathccfc

Go with a T8 android box, it's great. Can watch anything and everything. Just make sure you have a fast internet connection, it's 4k ready aswell.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Skinnythebear

Thanks gents, I've got a very good internet speed as the virgin box is outside my house.
110 meg at the moment!!
Any particular T8 android, there's loads on offer seems £35 is about average.

RegTheDonk

Stu, got the Sky family pack, which we only keep really for the grand kids and the record facilites....

...however, the phone and internet is with Virgin at about £28 a month discounted. Every few months they keep phoning me up and trying to get me to have a Tivo box with the very basic service. They've even offered me this and also up my broadband to 100mb for an extra three quid. It's almost as if they're desperate to shift these Tivo's and must admit Im tempted because they do look good. But my deal with sky still has to run until next year.

Maybe phone Virgin and see what they'll offer you?

SkyBlueMac91

Hello again playmates
If you're on Facebook, check out Ooberstick....or Oobersupreme (Not sure if the Facebook page re-branded). They also have a main website if you Google them.
I've had mine for around 6 months now and no issues whatsoever, I get all the sports channels in the UK plus USA and International.....meaning every Premier League fixture in HD with English commentary. You also get all the Sky channels also, and its set up to look like a Sky TV guide.
All your movies and boxsets also, and sporting events available to stream back if you miss the boxing etc..

no_loyalty

I think I will look into the open box. Can you record things off it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My brother-in-law has got one that looks identical to the Sky Box and you can record 2 programs at once, he pays £20 a year and gets every sky channel

Users who are viewing this thread