Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Jch has his positives, he’s not the complete player but who is in league 1. I do wish we could be more balanced in our comments

Esoterica

I reckon today might see a few people carted off.
giphy.gif

Gibbo

No idea how true this could b. But could make sense in to why we are out a bid in

I wondered about this. Did we buy JCH in haste because Biamou was not showing good enough form at that point, so mainly for the final promo push, but got locked into a deal to take him on at the end of the season only to realise we had a dud.
Mind you with 2 more pages to read of this thread (which is growing faster than Chaplin's) the story may have changed by the time I get to the end.

Gibbo

Give us a positive from the last 3 months of games then

I can count an assist for bayliss vs Lincoln
At Wembley as soon as coming on, he skinned their fullback down the left. We waited for more, but that was it. Summed him up really

fernandopartridge

JCH has got some decent attributes, he just doesn't effect the game in the right area. Doesn't seem to have aggression in the right parts of the pitch. I'd be surprised if he's going already though

SkyBlueCRJ

I wondered about this. Did we buy JCH in haste because Biamou was not showing good enough form at that point, so mainly for the final promo push, but got locked into a deal to take him on at the end of the season only to realise we had a dud.
Mind you with 2 more pages to read of this thread (which is growing faster than Chaplin's) the story may have changed by the time I get to the end.

Yes, the whole reason we brought in JCH was to stop the rot. The lack of goals was a huge concern to MR during January time as Nazon had departed and McNulty was only just starting to hit the ground running. It's clear MR doesn't want to rely on one source to score all the goals for the simple reason of: what happens if said goalscorer gets injured. Whether he got locked in a deal or not is a matter only those within the club will know. But put it this way, it's more than likely signing JCH on a permanent probably wasn't his preference.

ccfcway

Ama dou dou dou
Our target men is three
Ama dou dou dou
He’s cost way more than a free
We’ll play him on the left and the right
He’ll jump up and down and be lazy
Come down the Ricoh on match nights
And we’ll critisise the team...

larry_david

Ultimately I don't want jch to leave. I want him to be the player he was at Brighton, at crewe, the player grendel banged on about for weeks as the saviour of our club. But he just hasn't become that player and in a pre season where MR has proved ruthless, jonno needs to buck his ideas up or buck off

Otis

Ultimately I don't want jch to leave. I want him to be the player he was at Brighton, at crewe, the player grendel banged on about for weeks as the saviour of our club. But he just hasn't become that player and in a pre season where MR has proved ruthless, jonno needs to buck his ideas up or buck off
Yup.

As I say, I what to like him and he does seem to have the right attributes, but we are just not seeing it and he is totally preoccupied with going over at the slightest touch.

JulianDarbyFTW

This fella looks decent enough. Tall men often get labelled as lazy due to their running style, so I'm not buying that just yet. And in a creative team, he'll get a few goals. Maybe the plan is that he plays wide and Hiwulya (sp?) will go up top.

JulianDarbyFTW

So, songs for when he signs......

I’ll start

Ama-dou, Dou, Dou
Push pineapple shake a tree
Ama-dou, Dou, Dou
Signed for City on the wing*

Going Loco
With Amadou Bakayoko
Stays on the ball too long
Yes you'll be going loco
With Amadou Bakayoko
I really don't like this song

Last edited:

Esoterica

JCH has got some decent attributes, he just doesn't effect the game in the right area. Doesn't seem to have aggression in the right parts of the pitch. I'd be surprised if he's going already though
Thing is he's gone for a very defined look and seems to thrive off his image off the field but the minute he comes onto the pitch and drops on his arse twice in 5 seconds like he did on Saturday the defenders are laughing. If he comes on looking like that and the centre back gets his foot trod on within 30 seconds or an accidental elbow in the ribs going up for the first header then he's in their heads and they're thinking about him as much as the ball, buying himself an extra yard.
If Andreu can ping the ball into the top corner from 25 yards consistently though, maybe it'll work out better this year!

Nick

Administrator
Thing is he's gone for a very defined look and seems to thrive off his image off the field but the minute he comes onto the pitch and drops on his arse twice in 5 seconds like he did on Saturday the defenders are laughing. If he comes on looking like that and the centre back gets his foot trod on within 30 seconds or an accidental elbow in the ribs going up for the first header then he's in their heads and they're thinking about him as much as the ball, buying himself an extra yard.
Exactly, he doesn't live up to the hardman on the pitch. A few times he has shoulder barged but that's about it.

Bayliss has got up and got in the opposition's face more.

Gibbo

Yes, the whole reason we brought in JCH was to stop the rot. The lack of goals was a huge concern to MR during January time as Nazon had departed and McNulty was only just starting to hit the ground running. It's clear MR doesn't want to rely on one source to score all the goals for the simple reason of: what happens if said goalscorer gets injured. Whether he got locked in a deal or not is a matter only those within the club will know. But put it this way, it's more than likely signing JCH on a permanent probably wasn't his preference.
That much is what I said, the twist is that in our desperation to solve a problem, did we agree to a contract that meant we had to buy him, even tho by May, Robins could have concluded he was not up to the mark

Otis

I think we now desperately need Chaplin. Neither JCH or this guy from Walsall are up to the mark. And biamou is only half decent alongside a guy with movement. I think biamou was instrumental in mcnulty‘s success and he might work with Hiwula and/or Chaplin. But on his own ...no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you've dismissed Bakayoko too without ever having seen him play for us. :(

SkyBlueCRJ

That much is what I said, the twist is that in our desperation to solve a problem, did we agree to a contract that meant we had to buy him, even tho by May, Robins could have concluded he was not up to the mark

Given that JCH was dropped for the most part towards the end of the season for Biamou it's clear isn't now considered a guaranteed starter. You have to think logically and wonder why he still remains at the club when the player he was brought in to start ahead of is now above him in the pecking order. Surely in that sense that qualifies someone as surplus to requirements with Bakayoko coming in. Bakayoko would probably be used as a utility player who can play out wide, as a striker, and possibly as a No.10. JCH realistically can only play up front, and at the minute it looks like he can't even do that!

scottccfc

JCH is a frustrating enigma, has all the attributes to be a top striker, but his attitude is shocking in both his stints with the club, I would 100% rather keep Biamou and let JCH go on loan or sold

PeterNdlovu14

I am unsure if this necessarily spells the end for JCH (unless the attitude issues rumoured are true). When playing a 4-2-3-1 and essentially playing with 4 forwards there are key physical requirements required from those positions and often we focus on what's needed from them when we are in possession. Those players in the wider positions will have to track their opposing full backs if they push on as well as be dynamic when we are in possession to make runs beyond the centre forward or receive the ball to carry it themselves.

In essence what I am really saying is, there will be many occasions this season we will need to bring on fresh legs to help us during defensive phases, therefore having bodies in the squad to deal with the physical demands of the positional requirements and duration of the season is possibly what I am second guessing MR might be thinking.

Grendel

Yup.

As I say, I what to like him and he does seem to have the right attributes, but we are just not seeing it and he is totally preoccupied with going over at the slightest touch.

Going over is fine as long as he perfects it. He needs to be selective. Mcsheffrey in his first spell was a master at coming refs and winning penalties.

Gibbo

Given that JCH was dropped for the most part towards the end of the season for Biamou it's clear isn't now considered a guaranteed starter. You have to think logically and wonder why he still remains at the club when the player he was brought in to start ahead of is now above him in the pecking order. Surely in that sense that qualifies someone as surplus to requirements with Bakayoko coming in. Bakayoko would probably be used as a utility player who can play out wide, as a striker, and possibly as a No.10. JCH realistically can only play up front, and at the minute it looks like he can't even do that!
as I said, my interest is in the contract clause that appears to mean that we had to buy him at the end of the season

better days

I am unsure if this necessarily spells the end for JCH (unless the attitude issues rumoured are true). When playing a 4-2-3-1 and essentially playing with 4 forwards there are key physical requirements required from those positions and often we focus on what's needed from them when we are in possession. Those players in the wider positions will have to track their opposing full backs if they push on as well as be dynamic when we are in possession to make runs beyond the centre forward or receive the ball to carry it themselves.

In essence what I am really saying is, there will be many occasions this season we will need to bring on fresh legs to help us during defensive phases, therefore having bodies in the squad to deal with the physical demands of the positional requirements and duration of the season is possibly what I am second guessing MR might be thinking.
I think you may have hit the spot in your first sentence

Users who are viewing this thread