Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (4 Viewers)

Greggs

So you've dismissed Bakayoko too without ever having seen him play for us. :(
at least wait one game......

Greggs

Sounds like an African Peter Vincenti to me

Ashdown

By the end of last season we very much had a team, one that you could predict and recognise. This term we are starting again with a squad, I guess the team will start to come through from that eventually but it may take some time and patience, I just hope we get it sorted before the end of October latest, so we know our best 11 and we can compete.

Reactions: vow

mark82

By the end of last season we very much had a team, one that you could predict and recognise. This term we are starting again with a squad, I guess the team will start to come through from that eventually but it may take some time and patience, I just hope we get it sorted before the end of October latest, so we know our best 11 and we can compete.

The signs on Saturday were that we could compete. I still think we'll be closer to playoffs than relegation.

Reactions: vow

Gibbo

It is never "best eleven" because of injuries, form, opponent. It is a myth.

Anyway, it should be best "shape" into which players come and go. That was the learning from Southgate's England incidentally, and also why Bayliss was played out of position - he is a good player but Kelly and Doyle better in the centre for Div 2 at least.

But in support of your point, it was interesting that debate on here about team selection last season was relatively muted after Christmas, even when there was the lapse in results, because everyone knew what shape Robbins was playing, and it picked the team for him. - 4 at the back, two central midfielders, two on the flanks, one big striker with one playing off him. Or at least that is how it looked to me - basically 4-4-2 with bells and whistles

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree - but a few clubs are in a similar position, having had a big turnover of squads.

Sky Blue Harry H

It is never "best eleven" because of injuries, form, opponent. It is a myth.

Anyway, it should be best "shape" into which players come and go. That was the learning from Southgate's England incidentally, and also why Bayliss was played out of position - he is a good player but Kelly and Doyle better in the centre for Div 2 at least.

But in support of your point, it was interesting that debate on here about team selection last season was relatively muted after Christmas, even when there was the lapse in results, because everyone knew what shape Robbins was playing, and it picked the team for him. - 4 at the back, two central midfielders, two on the flanks, one big striker with one playing off him. Or at least that is how it looked to me - basically 4-4-2 with bells and whistles

Don't be bringing back those whistles (annoyed the hell out of me) and leave the bells to that Pompey plonker.

Magwitch

The transfer market has changed, a lot of players aren’t available until the end of May and beyond, clubs won’t let players go until they get a replacement, as we seen with Chaplin, agents are scurrying about trying to get clubs for their clients and there is unfortunately a bit of a pecking order prem, championship, division 1&div2
I obviously don’t know but JCH as an example might now be surplus or it could be Biamou or Robins is happy with those two and Bakayoko, remember we have Jodie Jones back soon. I have a feeling though one will leave perhaps on loan until the next window in January.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Have heard he was due for a medical with us today, no idea if he has turned up or not.

better days

Have heard he was due for a medical with us today, no idea if he has turned up or not.
What normally happens is once the medical has been passed the registration doc's have to be lodged with the FA
Only then is the transfer official
Unfortunately in these days of social media news leaks out early more often than not
Clubs only make the official announcement once they have confirmation from the FA

fernandopartridge

I think we now desperately need Chaplin. Neither JCH or this guy from Walsall are up to the mark. And biamou is only half decent alongside a guy with movement. I think biamou was instrumental in mcnulty‘s success and he might work with Hiwula and/or Chaplin. But on his own ...no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've not seen either Chaplin or the guy from Walsall play, so your post is a load of supposition.

Gibbo

You've not seen either Chaplin or the guy from Walsall play, so your post is a load of supposition.
But we have sense of what sort of player Chaplin is, the striker that plays of the big man, so at least you can suggest that he fills the obvious hole we have. You can similarly argue that the Walsall guy is adding a skill we already have. Can't imagine two of JCH, Max and this guy in the same team. So supposition or not it is a reasonable call

vow

What? Why do I think it was one of his? Atleast I can blame being too young for this one ;)

Maybe I’m think coco cabana? Now there’s a song we could change the lyrics to :D
I think you could be a bit lost m8.

You been near the Bermuda.....

...Triangle?!

Edited for sw88.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread