American billionaire John McEvoy considers bid for club (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

His US hockey team is the Nashville Predators
Worth pointing out he is one of 17 people in an ownership group and it doesn't appear to be disclosed anywhere how large any individual in that groups stake is.

That is in the process of being changed as its proven unworkable.
Former Gov. Bill Haslam is joining the ownership group of the Nashville Predators, gradually purchasing shares from lead owner Herb Fritch over the next three years.

Multiple sources familiar with the deal, which is nearly complete, confirmed the details.

Why it matters: Haslam, 63, brings stability to an ownership group that could have faced an uncertain future.

Details: The Predators' ownership structure is unwieldy with 17 different people owning shares in the organization. Fritch took over as chairman succeeding Tom Cigarran in 2019, and over time has emerged as the investor with the largest share.

chiefdave

Dawkins very quiet on Twitter.

Which in itself is unusual when there's likes to harvest.
To be fair if something is going on I'd rather he wasn't on twitter shooting his mouth off. We don't want to end up being like Accrington or Peterborough with someone in charge of the club firing off tweets constantly.

edgy

To be fair if something is going on I'd rather he wasn't on twitter shooting his mouth off. We don't want to end up being like Accrington or Peterborough with someone in charge of the club firing off tweets constantly.

That being my point really. It must have some substance behind the rumour.

Doubts over the blokes status as a "billionaire" though.

Tommo1993

Wish it was all totally under wraps. Due to several false dawns, all the speculation just winds me up. Some seem hooked but I think that’s sheer hope.

covboy1987

Obviously something going on - Nobody at the club saying much - We don't seem to buy any players to improve the squad - We have Simon Jordan Consortium interest rumor and now the American Billionaire - Sounds like we are been touted around

CCFCSteve

Oh god I hope Joy fucks off.

Even though the next one will almost certainly be as bad at least it’ll be a new kind of bad.

Exactly. I think most would be happy to gamble on a new owner as long as they can demonstrate they’ve got a few quid (which they’d need if they were buying club and stadium). I’d take Ashley in charge any day over SISU for example.

fernandopartridge

I for one welcome our new American overlord, and his little beard.
He seems to know the first priority upon his arrival at least

get-the-guitar-david-brent.gif

CCFC_Irish

Hi all - first time posting but usually have a browse on the forum from time to time.

Who are the potential (using the term loosely) bidders so far?

JonesBob

Would you buy CCFC? Absolutely not, no value.
Would you buy Wasps? A little more chance.
Would you buy the CBS? Yes, I would and the amount of land and opportunities are quite a few.
If you owned the CBS would you want to buy CCFC and Wasps? Definitely, could attract the crowds and if under the same group both would prosper.
Will it happen? Possibly more chance than the nutters who claim to be previously interested.
Would it be good for all involved? Yes, including the CCC who would see the new owners in a different light.

Users who are viewing this thread