An open letter to Joy by PSB Group (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Against a fair few other 1 legged people in the same contest.

Their isn't another club in the league that are anywhere near the shit we are in, in every part of the business. We're a mess from top to bottom so don't try and make out we're in the same position as most of the clubs in the league because we're really not and this is bound to have a negative effect on the end product regardless of who is the manager. We're only ever going to underachieve so long as SISU are here, they're not in the business of creating a positive environment that lends itself to achieving, over achieving or success. When are some people on here going to understand and accept this.

Nick

Administrator
Their isn't another club in the league that are anywhere near the shit we are in, in every part of the business. We're a mess from top to bottom so don't try and make out we're in the same position as most of the clubs in the league because we're really not and this is bound to have a negative effect on the end product regardless of who is the manager. We're only ever going to underachieve so long as SISU are here, they're not in the business of creating a positive environment that lends itself to achieving, over achieving or success. When are some people on here going to understand and accept this.

So Pressley has the worst budget in League 1? He has the worst set of players in League 1?

I don't claim we are the best run club in the league, very much far from it, very far. My point was about the over exaggerations when it comes to Pressley.

skybluetony176

So Pressley has the worst budget in League 1? He has the worst set of players in League 1?

Yep, like I said when are some people on here going to understand and accept that the club will always underachieve so long as SISU are here.

You could double the current alleged budget, have higher quality player than we apparently already have and a manager with a proven and respected track record at this level and so long as SISU are still here we'll still under achieve. There is not a thing that they've done that creates an environment for achieving, overachieving or success, just the opposite in fact.

Tonylinc

Living in Scunny have just visited the local Tesco and read (on the sly) the back page of the local paper. Mark Robins talking about the play offs. Now there is a manager who tells it as it is.....no B/S no spin....How for him back at the Ricoh! Think he saw right through our owners very early on.

NorthernWisdom

Mark Robins said:
I absolutely wish them all the best, they work their socks off and as I’ve said before that club needs support from Coventry City Council. That led to a decision to want to speak with Huddersfield and that’s how the decision has been arrived at.

Here he is saying it in person in fact, "the council need to support Coventry City"

http://www.itv.com/news/central/upd...ns-the-council-need-to-support-coventry-city/

martcov

Here he is saying it in person in fact, "the council need to support Coventry City"

http://www.itv.com/news/central/upd...ns-the-council-need-to-support-coventry-city/

Yes, but in the sentence above he blamed the move on not got getting assurances from SISU. That the council should support CCFC is secondary to the main reason - that the owners should give the necessary assurances. The council are hardly likely to give the manager assurances - that is the job of the owners.

Tonylinc

I suspect that the conversation went something like this:-
MR Joy I need some assurances as to future investment.
JS Well Mark I would love to give you that but those nasty people at the Council refuse to give us the stadium for free.
MR If they give it for free will you then be able to assure me of future finance?
JS Ah.........No

hill83

I suspect that the conversation went something like this:-
MR Joy I need some assurances as to future investment.
JS Well Mark I would love to give you that but those nasty people at the Council refuse to give us the stadium for free.
MR If they give it for free will you then be able to assure me of future finance?
JS Ah.........No

That's a lovely little convenient guess. And it could be right, but I'll be sticking with what he actually came out and said the 'bleeding sky blue' ballbag. If he had a shit record for us we wouldn't even be talking about this, but because he did pretty well people are dancing around ducking and diving to make out he was an all round hero.

Edit: See the next post as a prime example

Last edited:

georgehudson

perhaps
messrs Clarke, (the pr guru); Dulieu (the tracksuit); Brody (txt a sub); Clouting (the invisible); Igwe (fan engagement); Labowic (blairite) ; Fisher (storyteller) ; or Waggott (latest storyteller);
might care to comment on the player purchasing policy as instructed from above,
confidentiality clauses have been put on managers / coaches for many years

Tonylinc

That's a lovely little convenient guess. And it could be right, but I'll be sticking with what he actually came out and said the 'bleeding sky blue' ballbag. If he had a shit record for us we wouldn't even be talking about this, but because he did pretty well people are dancing around ducking and diving to make out he was an all round hero.

Edit: See the next post as a prime example
But that is exactly the point that I am trying to make.....he is a very good Manager and our owners allowed him to leave. Why? Because he would not tow the party line? Because he demanded assurances? Because he had more ambition than they did? Whichever way you look at it we are far worse off without him.

hill83

But that is exactly the point that I am trying to make.....he is a very good Manager and our owners allowed him to leave. Why? Because he would not tow the party line? Because he demanded assurances? Because he had more ambition than they did? Whichever way you look at it we are far worse off without him.

I'm not convinced that was your original point. But I do agree with what you are saying in this post.

martcov

How could SISU give assurances that they'd get the support they needed from the council?

Hindsight says they were right not to give those assurances!

assurances - doesn't refer to the council, but to SISU giving assurances on whatever he asked them for. That the council should support CCFC is a wish not a demand.

skybluetony176

Mark Robins tells it how it is, "the club needs support from the council".

Do you ever think that he just didn't want to burn his bridges on the chance he might need a job one day and as he was unlikely to seek employment with CCC in that scenario thought it best to leave on a good note with SISU?

NorthernWisdom

Do you ever think that he just didn't want to burn his bridges on the chance he might need a job one day and as he was unlikely to seek employment with CCC in that scenario thought it best to leave on a good note with SISU?

Alternatively, he told it how he saw it.

You could also say many other people don't want to burn their bridges, given they may need CCC's help in the future.

Higgs Trust, for example, are really pro-SISU but as they need CCC co-operation for future projects, they don't want to burn their bridges.

skybluetony176

Alternatively, he told it how he saw it.

You could also say many other people don't want to burn their bridges, given they may need CCC's help in the future.

Higgs Trust, for example, are really pro-SISU but as they need CCC co-operation for future projects, they don't want to burn their bridges.

It must have been the way they counter sued them a ridiculous amount meaning that it had to go to crown court and greatly increase their legal bill. With friends like that who needs enemies?

PS did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that ;)

Grendel

No there is zero chance that was in his thinking.

Nick

Administrator

Surely if SISU were so bad he wouldn't be arsed about having a job here to come back to?

Godiva

It must have been the way they counter sued them a ridiculous amount meaning that it had to go to crown court and greatly increase their legal bill. With friends like that who needs enemies?

The suit/countersuit was a prelude to the JR - the result was a disclosure of a number of documents that was otherwise out of reach for sisu.
(Wasn't it then the 'Hell Freezes Over' note was first revealed?)

What are friends for?

skybluetony176

Surely if SISU were so bad he wouldn't be arsed about having a job here to come back to?

Tell me Nick why would he burn the bridge to re-employment at a club where he would clearly be a popular fans choice should he be unemployed and that said club be without a manager?

You don't seem to have noticed but football management is a cut throat and often short lived career so I don't think you are crediting him with the intelligence he has clearly demonstrated.

stupot07

Tell me Nick why would he burn the bridge to re-employment at a club where he would clearly be a popular fans choice should he be unemployed and that said club be without a manager?

You don't seem to have noticed but football management is a cut throat and often short lived career so I don't think you are crediting him with the intelligence he has clearly demonstrated.

You wouldn't want to burn bridges.......

.....it's like when we came back to the Ricoh, the opportunity to rebuild bridges with ACL and their former owners.

And back to your point, why would Robins bother saying anything? He was moving to a club in a higher league, for more money and a better wage bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread