Announcement on Ricoh future today - The Coventry Building Society Arena (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Chav

I've always gone for

"I'm going to the Ricoh Arena, built by The Miller Partnership and opening in 2005 to watch a match of professional association football involving Coventry City Football Club (founded in 1883 as Singers FC) and [insert opposition details]. The game will be played in the SkyBet Championship, the second tier of the English football pyramid.

Do you write Wikipedia articles?

samccov1987

Cant see it ever being called the Coventry Building Society Arena. Sure the trains have Coventry Arena rather than the Ricoh now mind.

On the plus side though Cov BS have our colours so chances of the seats changing are unlikely. I was waiting for the Wasps Nest so pleasantly surprised.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Stewards are friendlier. I honestly don’t know why we have left

Coventry City - all in the name and history.

Really don't understand the mindset about not playing in City of the football club and majority of its supporters . I'm massively looking forward to going to a home game again.
I loved the RIcoh Arena and hope this fresh impetus of new sponsor will freshen our home up.

Nick

Administrator
Well that's a mouthfull. Does not exactly roll off the tongue.

giphy.gif

skyblueelephant76

They were mooted quite a way back weren't they, possibly before Wasps rolled up.
Last time I checked their rates were higher than the competition.
Does that mean they can afford this or that they have less custom than the rest?
They're a good business but they're run for the benefit of their members so I can't see them paying a huge amount for the rights.

wingy

It was a bugger when all those carpet baggers were around.😟
Same with my choice of pension scheme provider.
If only I'd gone with Widow's instead of life ?
Could do with finding one of those now!😉

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
We can both move forward and still hold the opinion that Wasps are scum who don't belong in the city. I'll never stop hoping they piss off but its not something I'll let ruin my matchdays.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The sooner we demutualise from Wasps the better

AOM

Reaction from Wasps and CCFC fans
Andrew said on Twitter: "I quite like it to be honest - it’ll definitely be shortened to CBS, but it’s nice rubber stamping the name Coventry on it again.

"The naming of a Japanese printing firm, home to a London rugby club, it might actually feel a bit more homely now."

Neil Morley tweeted: "It’ll be the Cov Arena to everyone after about a week of course, but cracking bit of business from Wasps Group.

"Now if we could just reorganise that giant Ricoh in the East stand seating into a giant WASPS that would be perfect."

catkeyboard.gif

cc84cov

So are they gonna be changing all the names at the ground then or is it a half hearted one where it will still have Ricoh everywhere

Hugh Jarse

We can both move forward and still hold the opinion that Wasps are scum who don't belong in the city. I'll never stop hoping they piss off but its not something I'll let ruin my matchdays.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Does that mean when the Wasps piddle off, there’s a chance of another shitty stadium name?

wingy

Andrew said on Twitter: "I quite like it to be honest - it’ll definitely be shortened to CBS, but it’s nice rubber stamping the name Coventry on it again.

"The naming of a Japanese printing firm, home to a London rugby club, it might actually feel a bit more homely now."

Neil Morley tweeted: "It’ll be the Cov Arena to everyone after about a week of course, but cracking bit of business from Wasps Group.

"Now if we could just reorganise that giant Ricoh in the East stand seating into a giant WASPS that would be perfect."

View attachment 19977
Choir end!

jordan210

View attachment 19977

Is Neil Morley the odd guy on the wasps forum who hates SBT ?

Users who are viewing this thread