Announcement ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Half listening to phone in and I am sure I heard Clive Eakin say he understands there are to be some sort of announcements soon re Cov City think someone on the phone had brought up proposed new ground so I'm not sure if it was about that...anyone hear the same ?

dongonzalos

If there was a stadium announcement. What would you like it to be? ( please stay in realms of the slightly possible )

For me it would be SISU buy 50% of ACL from Wasps.

ccfcway

If there was a stadium announcement. What would you like it to be? ( please stay in realms of the slightly possible )

id like to see an announcement saying there will be an announcement in 3 weeks

rupert_bear

Not sure really but I do believe sometime in the future Coventry City F.C will own part of the Ricoh or at the very least start earning revenue from it other than match days

skybluetony176

Only caught the beginning of the phone in but heard him say it. Personally I'm not holding my breath. We've heard the "announcement coming in the new year" line before, not that I held my breath last year.

Although this time it came from a radio commentator and not the clubs chairman (or whatever TF is supposed to be at the moment) so it's automatically more believable than it was last year.

Otis

I hope the announcement is that Wasps say it's a bit too cold 'up north' and they decide to crawl back to London/Wycombe/Timbuktu/Outer Hebrides or wherever their conscience takes them and City take over the Ricoh in its entirety.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope the announcement is that Wasps say it's a bit too cold 'up north' and they decide to crawl back to London/Wycombe/Timbuktu/Outer Hebrides or wherever their concession takes them and City take over the Ricoh in its entirety.

Be some unhappy bond holders then

chiefdave

In order of preference:

We've bought the Ricoh
We've bought a 50% stake in the Ricoh
We've found a way to build a suitable capacity stadium at the Butts and are going into partnership with CRFC
We have purchased land in Coventry
We have purchased land just outside Coventry

Suspect its none of those and will be an extension of the current lease but I suspect they will only extended it for the two year extension.

dongonzalos

In order of preference:

We've bought the Ricoh
We've found a way to build a suitable capacity stadium at the Butts and are going into partnership with CRFC

Suspect its none of those and will be an extension of the current lease but I suspect they will only extended it for the two year extension.

Agree with everything you said

Terry Gibson's perm

In order of preference:

We've bought the Ricoh

Happy with that but would like to see that Fisher has left alongside them.

jas365

2352824470_87910c2571_z.jpg

Last edited:

rob9872

Can't have this constant distraction and instability. I'd like to think a share of revenue and a ricoh deal, I suspect a renewal of the lease, but if it is then let's stop pretending we're looking for a space to build and sign a long-term 5 or 10 year lease and concentrate on the team and increasing other revenue streams.

letsallsingtogether

Well they maybe right for once announcement is due soon.
Watch this space.

Gazolba

The announcement will be to inform us when the next announcement is to be.

Gazolba

rupert_bear;1008679 ... I do believe sometime in the future Coventry City F.C will own part of the Ricoh ... [/QUOTE said:
You know those little triangular areas that the corner flags are in? I think we'll be buying those.

robbiethemole

In order of preference:

We've bought the Ricoh

Wasps have bought out CCFC and will run both sides separately :blue:

suspect it will be a new deal which will stabilise things.

SkyBlueRuffian

I have been told a Coventry club will be making an announcement on Monday, that might turn a few heads and change a few minds regarding their future plans.

Skyblueweeman

I have been told a Coventry club will be making an announcement on Monday, that might turn a few heads and change a few minds regarding their future plans.

Don't believe you.

Had you said 'an announcement on Thursday', your story instantly has more credibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Rumour has it that CBRE have a site just outside the city boundary lined up. I would think this could be true but could also be used to keep a negotiating position of strength with WASPS who will increase the rent if we have no alternative. No party would ever want to be exposed on a single site rental negotiation.

M&B Stand

Three wise men will come to the Ricoh next week from the east, the hotel will be fully booked, they'll kip in a shed near the scrap yard and 3 sheppards from Cov Utd will announce the birth of the son of God.

Users who are viewing this thread