Anthony Andreu (2 Viewers)

Woodster

Sounds exciting, hope he goes onto be better than that French midfielder Bouzelin we had once upon a time. City's best and worst ever Frenchman anyone? I'll go for best: Vincelot.
Worst: kev Malaga
Seems a good time to bring up Christian Negouai. But yes, Tony Andreu could be a cut above at this level.

vow

I'm happy with Grimmer. This IS League Two and I think his positives are going to outweigh his negatives over the course of the season.
Yep, agree with this, however he's got no left foot (as shown Tues) and will just put the ball out next time, I'm sure he'll learn from his mistake.

Otis

Yep, agree with this, however he's got no left foot (as shown Tues) and will just put the ball out next time, I'm sure he'll learn from his mistake.
And Robins I am sure will be the man to do it. Just needs to be calmer at the back and think about what he's doing.

NortonSkyBlue

I appreciate many of you have seen these new guys in the flesh in ONE game and I haven't but surely we have already seen enough players who shine in the short term and offer nothing longer term.
Why not wait a few games and see who is the cream and who is just just not good enough?

skybluegod

Looks good on paper, hopefully just as good in person!

Still need 2 more imo, at least one CM, and possibly one more CB? Pearson obviously only on non-contract terms so that does worry me.
MR has said there isn't much left in the budget, so can't expect much more.

Nick

Administrator
I thought Boozy was a great passer but just too slow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I remember one he did from our own D that split about 7 players and got to our striker to run onto. He had about 4 hours to pick it out though and could have done it all day not under pressure.

Skybluefaz

He also showed how much of a good athlete he is after about an hour or 70 minutes on Tuesday night he sprinted back during a Blackburn counter attack and easily got back and put a great tackle in. I think Grimmer will be a real asset.

Corrado

I appreciate many of you have seen these new guys in the flesh in ONE game and I haven't but surely we have already seen enough players who shine in the short term and offer nothing longer term.
Why not wait a few games and see who is the cream and who is just just not good enough?
Oh yes - totally agree - from now on, no-one post an opinion without seeing them play in at least 2 games!?! Fuck what youtube and other media says!

oucho

Beavon is a great option to have off the bench for sure.
Have we had a thread in the last 8 months where you haven't crowbarred in some praise for Beavon at some point? Not related to him are you? ;)

Nick

Administrator
Today and in this article:
Coventry City looking to sign more players before window closes

At the end- says he has a little head room and is looking to add another couple, but looks like the budget is getting thin.

Have you added the last bit ;)

“We’re sort of around about the level we’re at but we have got a little bit of head room and I am still looking to do something,” said Robins, who has three weeks left before the summer window closes.

“I do have scope to do things within the budget.”

skybluegod

Oh yes - totally agree - from now on, no-one post an opinion without seeing them play in at least 2 games!?! Fuck what youtube and other media says!
To be fair if you use YouTube as a measure of how good a player someone is, then no wonder we have signed so much shit over the last 5 years. I don't agree with the original post necessarily but he isn't far wrong that people need to wait and see with players. People were saying how good some of last years signings were before the start of the season, but look how that turned out.
We just need to wait and see.

skybluegod

Have you added the last bit ;)
Haha the last bit was my own words!
Probably should have used separate paragraphs.

Clearly the budget is getting tight, but he does have enough left for a couple more loans (would suggest we aren't paying all of the wages??) don't think we will see any more permenant signings.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair if you use YouTube as a measure of how good a player someone is, then no wonder we have signed so much shit over the last 5 years. I don't agree with the original post necessarily but he isn't far wrong that people need to wait and see with players. People were saying how good some of last years signings were before the start of the season, but look how that turned out.
We just need to wait and see.

Yep, you can usually get an idea of a player's game within 2 or 3 games but they then need a chance for it to make an impact or not.

Haven't boo'd a player but you can get a good idea within about 6-10 games on if they will make a difference.

skybluegod

Yep, you can usually get an idea of a player's game within 2 or 3 games but they then need a chance for it to make an impact or not.

Haven't boo'd a player but you can get a good idea within about 6-10 games on if they will make a difference.
Exactly, give it 10 games, 1/4 of the way through the season then. We will have a good idea of how the squad is in terms of league position and in terms of who is a good signing and who is a dud.

Esoterica

Exactly, give it 10 games, 1/4 of the way through the season then. We will have a good idea of how the squad is in terms of league position and in terms of who is a good signing and who is a dud.

We're not dropping out the top 3 this year. Promoted by end of March!

steve82

Scored a hat-trick in the checkatrade vs Peterborough.

Seen that in his stats, he's quite a nice return in the Scottish leagues too.
13 in 31 in the Scottish championship last year and 12 in 23 in the Scottish prem in 14/15.

Clearly has a eye for goal

Nick

Administrator
Does this mean Baker day is cancelled if he signs?

giphy.gif

Otis

Nope, bollocks to that, I am going to slate and eulogize at the drop of a hat and jump to extreme conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread