Anthony Andreu (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

I have to be honest and admit I've not heard of him, but coming from the championship he should have more than enough to cope with this league, another good signing and we seem to have so many attacking options now that opposition defences are going to have their work cut out containing us.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't really understand sisu st all. This is a signing you'd expect and be happy with in league 1. To get a guy to sign from a championship club on a two year deal is beyond belief.

It is a shock but I think it is also down to this manager going after players he has a chance of getting and building a team fir the league he is in.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't really understand sisu st all. This is a signing you'd expect and be happy with in league 1. To get a guy to sign from a championship club on a two year deal is beyond belief.

The optimist in me would like to think the penny has finally dropped for them.

That said, we did build some competitive XIs in L1 before last seasons shambles.

Terry Gibson's perm

Haven't seen the new guy play yet and don't want to etch any hi lights as they only show the good bits no I will be expecting too much.

Mucca Mad Boys

Truth be told SISU haven't changed much, we are just using what we've got much, much better. Goes to show how poorly Mowbray and Venus fared last summer.

The contrast in transfer policy is stark. TM and MV went for good young loan talent with a couple of experienced lads. Which ultimately proved unsustainable. MR and TW have gone for experienced pros to build our squad. Jones is our only inexperienced starter really. Willis, for his age, is very experienced.

I think our squad is looking very competitive in this league.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

I knew about this on Tuesday well sort of when I was at the match I said I wish we had that number 22 ...low and behold here he is...Bonjour Monsieur

Last edited:

better days

Truth be told SISU haven't changed much, we are just using what we've got much, much better. Goes to show how poorly Mowbray and Venus fared last summer.

I believe we've changed our bonus system. I think last year was a sharp reality check for the club owners.
Robins has almost certainly been behind this

Grendel

We will never know but it's a bit bizarre that we are signing a player from the championship when last season we were using tudgay as the main forward.

I do wonder if the investment arm will do all it takes to get promotion this season and then just say to wasps "throw us out if you dare"

Brighton Sky Blue

The contrast in transfer policy is stark. TM and MV went for good young loan talent with a couple of experienced lads. Which ultimately proved unsustainable. MR and TW have gone for experienced pros to build our squad. Jones is our only inexperienced starter really. Willis, for his age, is very experienced.

I think our squad is looking very competitive in this league.

Look at the teams who've risen up these leagues. Rarely is it a team full of star players, more often just seasoned professionals well organised. For the first time in a long time I think we have achieved that.

Brighton Sky Blue

We will never know but it's a bit bizarre that we are signing a player from the championship when last season we were using tudgay as the main forward.

I do wonder if the investment arm will do all it takes to get promotion this season and then just say to wasps "throw us out if you dare"

I still think they are keeping a safe distance from the footballing side of things. Windfalls from the Cup win, Thomas' exit and shedding a lot of deadwood have allowed Robins to use the budget how he sees fit.

I agree with you that promotion would greatly strengthen our position with Wasps, as well as adding to the coffers for a proper tilt at League 1. Let's not be premature though...

Otis

I still think they are keeping a safe distance from the footballing side of things. Windfalls from the Cup win, Thomas' exit and shedding a lot of deadwood have allowed Robins to use the budget how he sees fit.

I agree with you that promotion would greatly strengthen our position with Wasps, as well as adding to the coffers for a proper tilt at League 1. Let's not be premature though...
No, let's, let's!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Look at the teams who've risen up these leagues. Rarely is it a team full of star players, more often just seasoned professionals well organised. For the first time in a long time I think we have achieved that.

In a season we had Armstrong and Murphy, we failed to come in the playoffs. A lot of people saying we 'need' a 20 goal-a-season striker. If we do, brilliant, but in L1 we had McGoldrick, Clarke, Wilson and Armstrong and the best we achieved was 7th.

For me, it's about building a squad that can withstand inevitable problems such as injuries and dips in form and still keep the points tally ticking forward. Based on Saturday, we've built a team that will play efficient and effective football.

st john

Spot on. Its what I thought back in May
I'm quite excited....

Ranjit Bhurpa

No, let's, let's!!!
Was that you on Dr Ruth's phone-in on CWR the other night?
'Line 5 you're through to Dr Ruth'
'Hello Doctor, I'm calling about prema... prema... prema....oh I'll have to call you back'.

Otis

In a season we had Armstrong and Murphy, we failed to come in the playoffs. A lot of people saying we 'need' a 20 goal-a-season striker. If we do, brilliant, but in L1 we had McGoldrick, Clarke, Wilson and Armstrong and the best we achieved was 7th.

For me, it's about building a squad that can withstand inevitable problems such as injuries and dips in form and still keep the points tally ticking forward. Based on Saturday, we've built a team that will play efficient and effective football.
And attractive football too you would think. Vincenti has a bit of skill about him and Andreu clearly does too and then you have the trickery of Jones and Nuzan and McNulty. Grimmer and DKE are also very attacking, speedy fullbacks.

All bodes well. Have always thought we would have a very good season and now I am even more confident.

st john

Its strange really, the very strategy that got us relegated, is now probably going to get us promoted. TM & MV going for higher division players last summer (unsuccessfully) is being done right by MR

SkyBlue_Bear83

15a8244bd1b99e66849d65b5f24662c3.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/15a8244bd1b99e66849d65b5f24662c3.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/48e7000d5b78d8670107744f2fa56e61.mp4

Mucca Mad Boys

And attractive football top you would think. Vincenti has a bit of skill about him and Andreu clearly does too and then you have the trickery of Jones and Nuzan and McNulty. Grinner and DKE are also very attacking, speedy fullbacks.

All bodes well. Have always thought we would have a very good season and now I am even more confident.

Vincenti will be an outlet for a more direct option too, and Beavon is surprisingly good in the air, reminds me of Jay Tabb in that respect.

Think we'll be well rounded this year. Able to play attractive football but at the same time able to be more direct and aggressive when the time comes. Past Cov teams would've been bullied a bit by County I think. We handled them with ease and I thought we bullied them a bit, for once.

To sum it up, I thought McDonald would be just a bruiser of a defender at 6"4. It actually turns out he's got good feet for his size and I think he and Willis will compliment each other very well!

Otis

Vincenti will be an outlet for a more direct option too, and Beavon is surprisingly good in the air, reminds me of Jay Tabb in that respect.

Think we'll be well rounded this year. Able to play attractive football but at the same time able to be more direct and aggressive when the time comes. Past Cov teams would've been bullied a bit by County I think. We handled them with ease and I thought we bullied them a bit, for once.

To sum it up, I thought McDonald would be just a bruiser of a defender at 6"4. It actually turns out he's got good feet for his size and I think he and Willis will compliment each other very well!
Yeah, been a little surprised at McDonald's level of footballing skills. He's no nonsense but you can see that some of his clearances are at tmes very deliberately targeted to try and reach a team mate and he also seems to gave a calm reassurance about him.

Really impressed with him thus far and an obvious contender for captain in Doyle's absence.

shmmeee

Never heard of him but sounds ace.

Are we thinking him in the No 10 role and McNulty up top when fit?

Still not 100% happy with the DM cover, but overall we’ve got real strength in depth this season. Should have some good options off the bench to change games this year, rather than a rotating selection of kids.

Hobo

Its strange really, the very strategy that got us relegated, is now probably going to get us promoted. TM & MV going for higher division players last summer (unsuccessfully) is being done right by MR

Perhaps MR being givena bit more budget to get them?

Users who are viewing this thread