anti Pressley on CWR.... (2 Viewers)

RFC

People going on about the home form should remember last season we won only 7 home & lost 9. To date we've lost 4 PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Yes but when is our first home game I'm still waiting.

People going on about the home form should remember last season we won only 7 home & lost 9. To date we've lost 4 PUSB

Gint11

I can't believe he is even being questioned! He has worked wonders on our team this season. A team that starts -10 with a young in-experienced side faces nothing but relegation and at the moment we are outside of it, with 10 points back we would be 7th. Some people do not have a clue. Remember we lost one of our experienced potent strikers and the other has been out injured - it plays a part. Idiots!

nicksig

At the moment any criticism of the manager is being dismissed out of hand. But if Pressley were to take us down would it be ok to be critical then? We are on a bad run with a weak squad. We all expected it to happen at some point but the recent results against fellow strugglers have been dire. Pressley needs to find a way to lift the squad, and fast

Seaside-Skyblue

If Pressley keeps us up this season he has done a great job imo. That was the objective. He's been a victim of his own success. If we had started poorly and were in this position in the league now a lot would think he's a hero for keeping us up. On the other hand I do understand why people are frustrated but losing two top strikers at same time was always difficult. I just think ppl need to be realistic, we are league one and have a lot of terrible external factors hampering the team. We don't have a given right to beat anyone, we have to work like the rest of them in the league.

shy_tall_knight

I think Elvis is a good manager but not sure the squad he has assembled can battle, Bristol city result is evidence of this but notts county tranmere etc..were awful.

Carlo ancellotti is a great manager but Tony Pulis is a more suitable appointment for the Palace job. My concern is that Elvis philosophy of attacking play, pressing high with attacikng full backs is being changed - is it because he is a manager that is learning or is it a sign of panic.

The Prefect

I think Elvis is a good manager but not sure the squad he has assembled can battle, Bristol city result is evidence of this but notts county tranmere etc..were awful.

Carlo ancellotti is a great manager but Tony Pulis is a more suitable appointment for the Palace job. My concern is that Elvis philosophy of attacking play, pressing high with attacikng full backs is being changed - is it because he is a manager that is learning or is it a sign of panic.

It's a sign that the opposition have worked out how to play against the system and the players. Our unknown players would have been a surprise to most teams - hence we did so well in the early season when the opposition didn't know what they were up against.

We have been found out and with no depth to the squad the cute managers in the league will have us worked out by know.

If SP is working on a plan B that's good. I watched at Aston Gate and there wasn't one - so it's a step in the right direction.

We have moved the best striker in the league out and not replaced him so goals will dry up - it's not hard to work out. The club's 'party line' is that there is no-one out there which I doubt although I do recognise that the club is a hard sell to any potential player. I'm sorry to say that I don't see any more significant bodies arriving to help and I don't see many more points either...

It is going to be a tough battle to avoid the drop.

ollyservetta

ive put my opinions of our elvis aside ,ive tried to put aside the opinon that a Dundee gave me less than 18 mths ago aside ,I have supported the bloke all season ,I understand me footie and know under our circumstances what a great job he is doing ,. but not to have a shot on target in 90 mins ,with the strongest squad in months ,come on lets get real , wat was up with adams not to start ,marshal the same ,sorry elvis but you fucked up today ,even if you gave tickets away you should be refunding the travel costs.sp you are bigger and better than the last few performances ,step up to the plate and turn this shambles around asap

H

Huckerby

First half of the season we are scoring for fun but leaking goals all over the place. Not a problem.
Score more than we concede = win.

We then lose our dream tag team up front. We are still leaking goals all over the place but can't score to save our lives.
Score much less than we concede = lose.

So when it's clear that it's not working and we won't be scoring as many goals as before (don't come at me saying we have great strikers again because we don't, we have Chuba Akpom who has been here about 3 weeks and is 18 years old, and Calum Wilson who ran his socks off but is just back from injury playing with new faces), Pressley mixes it up a bit and plays without the Gung-ho full backs, to tighten up the defence a bit. He said in his post match he was looking at the stats and actively looked to tighten it up at the back with less attacking full backs. We kept a clean sheet, and we still created a moderate amount of chances throughout the game but just had a bit of a shocker when it came to finishing.
Don't score, don't concede = draw.

Looks like he's doing a pretty good fucking job to me considering the circumstances, and he's not scared of mixing it up when it's not working. People would be moaning if he left it how it was and we lost 3-0 again. He's a young manager and is the first to admit he is still learning.

Keep the faith, at the very least it's exciting under him for the first time in a long time.

shy_tall_knight

Truth hurts does it nick?

You know what you are.

Arsehole.

I think this comment maybe a bit outside the scope of a discussion on elvis. I will stress again that he is a good manager at the right club, most clubs are fairly normal we at this point in time are a basket case. Not sure who the right type of manager is.

now is Elvis to blame for so many players coming in hanging around for a few games or not even getting a game and then buggering off again, the squad has lacked stability and depth and has been reflected in the team performances of late. It can't be easy but is he being too unrealistic with his expectations or is Waggot pulling the strings - we won't ever know.

All I feel is that talk of this free flowing football is now in the past we need to now grind out results and today we didn't really test their goalie today not a good sign. We don't have the weakest 4 squads in this league but our current form (especially at home) is relegation form.

shmmeee

I disagree in the context of losing 3 matches in a row conceding 8 goals in the process, get the back 4 right stop conceding goals and build from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Since we've lost Leon I'm inclined to agree. Problem is if we haven't turned these players into an effective defensive unit in a year, what chance now?

ecky

At the moment any criticism of the manager is being dismissed out of hand. But if Pressley were to take us down would it be ok to be critical then? We are on a bad run with a weak squad. We all expected it to happen at some point but the recent results against fellow strugglers have been dire. Pressley needs to find a way to lift the squad, and fast

elvis is no magician, the root cause is sisu

H

Huckerby

Well it was. The honeymoon is now over and normal life has resumed.
However, if he leaves we're dead.

No it's not. Has it honestly suprised you we've had a dip in form given the age and depth of your squad? Come on mate honestly?

It's exciting because I think he genuinely wants to build something at this club despite all the bullshit going on off the field. It's exciting because he's not willing to throw whatever little money we do have available (wages or transfer fees) at people that he doesn't see in his long term vision. He's not just another manager here for just another pay day. I wouldn't call that "normal life" for ccfc would you?

ccfcway

i know we have had a 10 point deduction, but ultimately this season will be deemed a success if we avoid relegation

I would say that's exactly "normal life" for CCFC

italiahorse

No it's not. Has it honestly suprised you we've had a dip in form given the age and depth of your squad? Come on mate honestly?

It's exciting because I think he genuinely wants to build something at this club despite all the bullshit going on off the field. It's exciting because he's not willing to throw whatever little money we do have available (wages or transfer fees) at people that he doesn't see in his long term vision. He's not just another manager here for just another pay day. I wouldn't call that "normal life" for ccfc would you?

He can't build it on the field because it is being dismantled off the field.

The better he does, the better the players become and the more their sale value increases.

We better hope when Sisu go he is still here, then you will see how good he is.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Pressley were an octopus he'd have all 8 tentacles tied behind his back, such is how much has been in his way this season. Whereas Thorn was genuinely hopeless, this is a guy who is being badly hampered by those above him-but for him this season would have been a total write off.

ollyservetta

spent nearly 45 yrs avoiding relegation ,sorry but we are 3rd division with the strongest team and bench we have had for mths and we don't get a shot on target ,sky blue to the core but lets start getting real ,I agree,, with all that's gone on and with the points deduction we are doing as well as can be expected,but the last few games have been a disgrace, woeful ,some people still make excuses as tho we are in the prem ,we are struggling in a league only 2/3 above leamington and Worcester and 1/2 above kiddy harriers and Nuneaton, ,I want stability ,but this is awful at the moment ,have we hit a brickwall and cant find a plan b ,

Mr T - Sukka!

To be fair i have not heard 1 city fan asking for Steve P to go.

Well there is 1 strange one on the CT website comments section. Is it Pete Marston or someone?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

spent nearly 45 yrs avoiding relegation ,sorry but we are 3rd division with the strongest team and bench we have had for mths and we don't get a shot on target ,sky blue to the core but lets start getting real ,I agree,, with all that's gone on and with the points deduction we are doing as well as can be expected,but the last few games have been a disgrace, woeful ,some people still make excuses as tho we are in the prem ,we are struggling in a league only 2/3 above leamington and Worcester and 1/2 above kiddy harriers and Nuneaton, ,I want stability ,but this is awful at the moment ,have we hit a brickwall and cant find a plan b ,

Yes the famous plan b

H

Huckerby

Would you have thought that it was the strongest team and bench before Pressley was here? I doubt it.

Tonylinc

Good post olly. I guess we just have to accept that SP is experimenting at the moment with players and systems and that all will be OK in the end.........Hopefully.

ollyservetta

Would you have thought that it was the strongest team and bench before Pressley was here? I doubt it.
,in fairness that's gone ,its wat we have got now ,and since Wilson got injured and Clarke left, the squad was the strongest ive seen for a couple of months .sp has his reasons but why marshall and adams didn't start is a bit baffling but that's his call .but one thing ,win ,loose or draw ,you hav to entertain ,no shots on target is not entertaining

wingy

,in fairness that's gone ,its wat we have got now ,and since Wilson got injured and Clarke left, the squad was the strongest ive seen for a couple of months .sp has his reasons but why marshall and adams didn't start is a bit baffling but that's his call .but one thing ,win ,loose or draw ,you hav to entertain ,no shots on target is not entertaining

Bit hard to leave out Moussa as Marshall Is left sided,although its oft stated Moussa is not naturally. wide player

stupot07

That means a choice between fleck and Thomas assuming the two wide lads play?

Unless his planning on sneaking a 12th man on without the ref noticing....

Unless he's suggesting Moussa in a 2 in midfield with Fleck :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sterling Archer

Yes , they should blame the c**t owners who you fucking love.
You are genuinely the biggest idiot on this board by quite some distance and this post proves it.

Want me to drop some F bombs and C bombs your way big man? Internet hard man indeed, waste of bandwidth. Embarrassing.

I do not love SISU, have never loved SISU and would love nothing more than to have different owners than SISU.

How many times do I have to say this before your tiny little brain can understand its simplicity?

wingy

Unless his planning on sneaking a 12th man on without the ref noticing....

Unless he's suggesting Moussa in a 2 in midfield with Fleck :/

Am just taking for granted you need at least one combative midfielder In there .

Captain Dart

How do you get onto CT website to read comments?

Find the article reference and click on the little comment icon just below the main link and on the left of the blue category banner. I found they don't always show up unless you do this.

Astute

I am undecided about SP myself.

We did well when we had both Wilson and Clarke playing together. That was some strike force we had. Defensively? Not very good at sorting out a defence. But he has had us playing well most of the season. Has never sorted the defence out though. Who do we blame for the strikers he has brought into the club? Was it him or Waggott that brought them in? Is it lack of funds that has caused our present form? He seems to be good at bringing youth through. But playing a defender up front a few times?

He seems to struggle with having a plan B. Would anyone say he uses subs at the right time and swaps the right players? We have good players for the level we are at but it sounds like we were lucky to escape with a point playing at 'home' against the team that were in 23rd place. No shots on target. We should be safe as we are in 13th place.....but have only got 6 points in the last 8 league games and are now only 3 points out of the bottom 4. Is it the fault of SP or is it lack of funding? Bit of both?

Users who are viewing this thread